Metal Storm logo
Current affairs

Original post

Posted by , 03.04.2014 - 09:58
Here's where to talk about all the current affairs happening at home and around the world. Instead of a slew of different threads like there seem to be at the moment, i thought it might be better to just have the one thread.

I'll start off with "deep sea drilling and mining exploration"

A lot of country's around the world do it and make millions, recently big oil company's like Anadarko have been given the go ahead to explore a MASSIVE area of New Zealand, also access to conservation land.

I do like the idea of them striking oil and our country becoming wealthy, but will it,or will they? (the guys on top).

Also there's the issue of our country's reputation of being "clean and green" being stained, but more importantly i know that if something happened like in Mexico, we would be DOOOMED! and i don't really want our conservation land mined, it's all we got going for us.

Anyway wouldn't mind hearing the opinions from some of you who also live in beautiful country's, like Norway for instance, places that have beautiful scenery but have gone mad on mining and deep sea drilling....how has it affected the country?

...yeah i know my grammar sux
26.04.2022 - 13:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
All went well in a France, Macrone won. We have Putin, lukasenko, Erdogan, Orban who tock away democracy, freedom of media, speach and almost made Hungary as Belarus.
We have Poland, chehia where pro Russian politics are ok. We have republika serbka and Serbia where politicians are whit tendencies to power. We don't need far right take ower post powerful country in EU.
So it's OK now, but then. I like my EU, nato, freedom, democracy, respect to others, law n order. Le pen can offer you as Putin do. Not only muslim crack down, but difernt thinking hunt, homosexual discrimination. We what we achieved after WWII will be gone. So no le pen and other extremist. People think and open your eyes, politicians listen to our needs.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.05.2022 - 21:31
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Bad English on 26.04.2022 at 13:01

All went well in a France, Macrone won. We have Putin, lukasenko, Erdogan, Orban who tock away democracy, freedom of media, speach and almost made Hungary as Belarus.
We have Poland, chehia where pro Russian politics are ok. We have republika serbka and Serbia where politicians are whit tendencies to power. We don't need far right take ower post powerful country in EU.
So it's OK now, but then. I like my EU, nato, freedom, democracy, respect to others, law n order. Le pen can offer you as Putin do. Not only muslim crack down, but difernt thinking hunt, homosexual discrimination. We what we achieved after WWII will be gone. So no le pen and other extremist. People think and open your eyes, politicians listen to our needs.

Can you elaborate on how do you like EU and NATO? Maybe I am lazy and you did already, I didn't check the previous pages. EU takes our money and sends it to Italy to renovate climate friendly buildings, what is the benefit rather than keeping money here in focusing it on our own economy and growth, we send more and they give back less, it does sound like robbery to me. You like NATO but did you asked Serbians how did they like when NATO was bombing on their infrastructure? Or Libyans when they got their land destroyed? I do agree about democracy and free speech, but I can't agree about pro-NATO and anti-Russia politics, I am with freedom, and every influence that comes out of our land seems like an attack on our sovereignty. Finland has long good relations with Russia and there is no sign of a conflict, media tries to create an image of threat which I do believe is false. Lots of common folks knows this around here.
----
My vision is augmented
02.05.2022 - 21:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Simple answer, I lile to trave3free whit out border control, I wanna order things online whit out taxes, costumes. I wanna travel free whit out visas and change to luras, guldet, Deutchmarks or pesos.
Serbians did commit war crimes and genocide against bosnuacs(all sides committed it there).
Same time Serbia is only slavic country what has not said anything about Russian invasion.
Another statement from you what is stupidit as covid comments. Ukraine had better relations whit Russia now the butchering Ukraina people. They will do whit finns.
Nato us only way what stood Putin from attacking baltics, Poland and maybe east Germany.
Nato bombed yes, but Russias are raping, torturing, attacking hospitals, and killing civilians... Short answer are, I better see nato goes closer to Russia then Russia comes here.
If you like Russia so much why don't you move.
Seems you're reading RT, and live in anti western media spectrum.
----

apos;'
[image]
02.05.2022 - 22:16
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Bad English on 02.05.2022 at 21:45

Another statement from you what is stupidit as covid comments. Ukraine had better relations whit Russia now the butchering Ukraina people. They will do whit finns.

I told truth about masks and jabs will cause problems 2 and ½ years ago and I got gaslighted about it. Look news now how masks cause microplastics in lungs, jabs had adverse effects. Ukrainians were fighting with Donbas for 8 years, how is that good relations, it was constant war? There is no beef with Russia and Finland or Russia and Sweden, it was the western influence, mercenaries and their western backed weaponry which caused this conflict in ukr.

Simple answer, I lile to trave3free whit out border control, I wanna order things online whit out taxes, costumes. I wanna travel free whit out visas and change to luras, guldet, Deutchmarks or pesos.

Travel was free before ww1, passports were done by governments, same as taxes are from government.

Nato us only way what stood Putin from attacking baltics, Poland and maybe east Germany.
Nato bombed yes, but Russias are raping, torturing, attacking hospitals, and killing civilians... Short answer are, I better see nato goes closer to Russia then Russia comes here.
If you like Russia so much why don't you move.
Seems you're reading RT, and live in anti western media spectrum.

I don't move to russia because I am with all people, some do go to russia, some fins are in Donbas and maybe some are in Crimea too, I like to choose where I live. Nationality doesn't matter to me. Everybody does crimes in war, if you look into SBU in ukraine, azov, same crimes, destruction on civilian structures, I take all info I find. I can't be manipulated by fear, some people think more guns, more arsenal will be their saviour, but why? It's fear based thinking, you can't counter anything if you aren't afraid. And if there isn't a real threat.
----
My vision is augmented
03.05.2022 - 00:18
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Written by Joppe on 29.09.2021 at 22:32

When I was a kid I walked to a bee nest once and got stung like 10+ times, maybe that's why I'm not so eager to get jabbed

Written by Joppe on 02.05.2022 at 22:16

I can't be manipulated by fear
----
signatures = SPAM
03.05.2022 - 08:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Lies about azov comes from cremlin, they do defend and do it super good, russian do not control Mariupul. It's Russians who do war crimes here. Seems you're on wrong information space. Your statement in some countries can be a crime and you might face a court. I won't be surprised supo Suojelupoliisi would chech your out.
You lost 10 % of theriory, almost whole Karelia. Like I said Putin don't care if he Launch rockets to Pelo or Turku. People wake up for fok sake, if west would woke in 2008, Georgia war and put heavy sanctions there won't be a war in the Ukraine.
----

apos;'
[image]
14.05.2022 - 20:55
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Bad English on 03.05.2022 at 08:04

You lost 10 % of theriory, almost whole Karelia. Like I said Putin don't care if he Launch rockets to Pelo or Turku.

Russia is different than USSR, I lost relatives in winter war which doesn't mean I hold a grudge towards Russia, Stalin wasn't a Russian, and he was sending tens of millions of people to die during his time, genociding russians and other people within USSR borders. Lots of those people were ukrainians too who were sent to attack Finland. Modern days you can't do something like that without a reason or at least an excuse because the information will get out through internet almost instantly -- and I mean real information, not mainstream telly bullshit. Hence the only reason there would be a conflict is by a USA Russia proxy war, which NATO membership and foreign troops and bases presence would facilitate. Finland has nothing to gain from NATO and if somebody was to attack here we have almost 1 million soldiers waiting and one of the biggest amount of artillery in europe. So, don't buy in to the fear mongering, but if you do, why don't you move to Alaska?
----
My vision is augmented
14.05.2022 - 22:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Josif Dzjugasjvili was Georgian.
North will win because being outside you see Ukraine, only alliance strong enough to stop Russia killing more people are nato. I better see American base in nato as Russian soldiers who occupied our country. So...
----

apos;'
[image]
30.05.2022 - 22:24
Joppe
Steelemeister
Erdogan says nah to NATO cause PKK terrorists are in Fin and Swede, Croatian president don't agree with Fin & Swe either. I'm fine with it they can veto it, there was never a referendum, people were betrayed as Niinistö promised either not to join NATO in his term or at least there would be a referendum, but choice was apparently made based on a poll which had about 1000 participants. Democracy wasn't served, parliament can do what they do and nobody gives a sheet, this country is doomed. People will protest only if you take away coffee from them or food
----
My vision is augmented
30.05.2022 - 23:43
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Bad English on 14.05.2022 at 22:05

North will win because being outside you see Ukraine, only alliance strong enough to stop Russia killing more people are nato. I better see American base in nato as Russian soldiers who occupied our country. So...

Finland has no oil, swede has no oil, they should skip both of them and go straight to Norway -- this was a joke, btw, which has a truth to it too, we don't have a resource worth invading. North will win with sauna at 80 celcious, cold shower, swimming in a Fjord or a lake, I won't be fighting in a war, I am a man of peace, I will resign from army if Finland go nato. I won't join anything, I am with everybody.
----
My vision is augmented
02.06.2022 - 20:52
Metal Rasputin

I'm mostly with you Jope, but I wouldn't fight because I don't see the current EU and our corrupt politicians worth defending. People can call this current thing whatever they want, but were experiencing a huge energy crisis right now and it will only get worse. It's not just about Russia, but also the crazy climate policies and the covid lockdowns that are causing the economy to melt down, this thing started back in the late 2021 after all. Who knows how low our living standards will go in the near future or how many people in third world countries will die of starvation because of this mess.

Knowing lots of low wage workers and poor people personally this whole thing just really pisses me off, I have absolutely no sympathy for the corrupt leeches that are running the system. Let the fat rats fight for themselves.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
04.06.2022 - 22:44
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Metal Rasputin on 02.06.2022 at 20:52

I'm mostly with you Jope, but I wouldn't fight because I don't see the current EU and our corrupt politicians worth defending. People can call this current thing whatever they want, but were experiencing a huge energy crisis right now and it will only get worse. It's not just about Russia, but also the crazy climate policies and the covid lockdowns that are causing the economy to melt down, this thing started back in the late 2021 after all. Who knows how low our living standards will go in the near future or how many people in third world countries will die of starvation because of this mess.

Knowing lots of low wage workers and poor people personally this whole thing just really pisses me off, I have absolutely no sympathy for the corrupt leeches that are running the system. Let the fat rats fight for themselves.

Ya, I wouldn't be fighting either, I'm really close to resigning whatever the result of NATO membership application will be. I just recently found out that you can resign from the army reserves, I went there in the first place just to get out with six months instead of those other options. The "punishment" for resigning looks to be a 1 week course in Lapland, where I was looking forward to go anyway

The problem is indeed related to poor people and the middle class are being trampled upon. I heard about the agriculture being destroyed already about a year ago, it's getting worse, nothing has been done about it. Farmers are going bankrupt. I don't know whether the big companies will take over or whether there will be a food shortage coming, surely the small entrepreneurs are going to quit as they can't manage with increased fertilizer, fuel and electricity costs. I hear some people telling that this year's crops will be fine and the problems will be delayed to the next year. I can not but feel sorry for those families who have been farmers for multiple generations and decades who will have quit now just because of the government's actions. It does seem like a deliberate reset.

Hence the endgame looks bad with increasing prices in everything, inflation; you know something is wrong when people are considering quitting their jobs when fuel prices are so high that they think it's not worth traveling anymore to work. I have been assured that if people vote for the small parties in the next elections there will be a change, I am optimistic about it, but I also doubt it, because most people want to go with the majority, which are the big parties who perpetuate this same thing -- and who can tell that the small parties wouldn't be compromised?
----
My vision is augmented
04.07.2022 - 20:56
Joppe
Steelemeister
It's good to see Dutch farmers doing some citizen action, good initiative, I hope this spreads to other countries in EU and more people will join and support the food production industries. What is the point to cut emissions in countries where populations are relatively low and the emissions are already low because of former policies? When we have big production countries like China polluting more in a matter of one day than these small countries do almost in a decade, it doesn't make a difference at all. What is the point to kill the industry, cause more people to lose their occupation and livelihood? I hope to see people join these movements or at least show some support, the climate virtue signalling won't help anybody.

edit: Wow, coppers shooting at tractor drivers with hand guns, new world order is here.
----
My vision is augmented
15.12.2022 - 08:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
World union ‘shocked’ as Iranian soccer player may face death penalty over protests

https://www.timesofisrael.com/world-union-shocked-as-iranian-soccer-player-may-face-death-penalty-over-protests/

Funny people gets death penalty on regular bases but when football player not even known and big then media wakes up.
Well Iran should be banned and good Trump had iron grip to Iran....I think sanctions must be much harder against that country, specially they make suicide drones and give to Russia.
----

apos;'
[image]
28.12.2022 - 19:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Kosovo, to NATO peacekeepers someone has fire shots
https://bnn-news.com/latvian-peacekeepers-in-kosovo-fired-upon-no-injuries-reported-241378

Serbian army shifts to ‘combat readiness’ amid growing Kosovo tensions
https://www.politico.eu/article/serbia-army-kosovo-war-nato-tension-combat-readiness/

Kosovo closes main border crossing after roadblock in Serbia
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/kosovo-closes-main-border-crossing-after-roadblock-serbia-2022-12-28/

We dont need another shit there, damn change a number plates and we all where whole worrd stands , Serbian army has no chances against NATO bombing , if shit happens I believe NATO will show muscles there to main enemy Russia.
I believe they will re act if Serbian troops close border.

We dont need this shit, bets solution is re fix border serbs to serbia, muslims to Kosovo, it would be better for all. Seems Balkan pride is some hot macho problem ehhh
----

apos;'
[image]
29.12.2022 - 23:43
Joppe
Steelemeister
I hear rumours that Hungary might be leaving EU. I have heard it before and it might not be anything concrete, but let's wait and see what will happen.
----
My vision is augmented
30.12.2022 - 17:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Joppe on 29.12.2022 at 23:43

I hear rumours that Hungary might be leaving EU. I have heard it before and it might not be anything concrete, but let's wait and see what will happen.

Its good, idiots are everywhere.... Good luck crossing border whit out visas. Hungary us not UK, small not important country.... Now they have crisis, no food and so on.
----

apos;'
[image]
31.12.2022 - 11:45
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Bad English on 30.12.2022 at 17:54

Written by Joppe on 29.12.2022 at 23:43

Its good, idiots are everywhere.... Good luck crossing border whit out visas. Hungary us not UK, small not important country.... Now they have crisis, no food and so on.

Norway is doing quite fine without EU and euro. It's easier to buy stuff within the EU area without extra tax, sure, but the good EU legislation isn't even happening in Finland that would, ie. stop electricity companies from robbing people blind with excessive c/kWh pricing. And the products that should be legal in EU countries aren't all legal here. Finland was brought to EU without national consensus by just a few people; citizens should decide what they want for their country instead of a few stooges.
----
My vision is augmented
31.12.2022 - 13:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Jope have been in EU, have you send a parcel to Norway, you need a write a what's in and also receiver pays taxes, same buying online taxes. It's most redicilous and stupid thing you can say after worship antiwaxer cult.
----

apos;'
[image]