Metal Storm logo
Napalm Death - Releasing Special Roadburn EP, Charity Download

Grindcore legends Napalm Death have announced two special projects that have been in the works recently. First of all, the British band is launching a special cover song of the track "To Go Off And Things" by the Cardiacs via their Bandcamp page as charity download. Furthermore, Napalm Death are also releasing a limited and exclusive vinyl 12" EP entitled Our Pain Is Their Power to commemorate their very special Roadburn Festival appearance on April 10th.

Here is the press release about it: "The Roadburn only vinyl releases have become a tradition over the last few years. Proceedings started in 2012 with the Voivod - Live At Roadburn 2011 LP and the Ulver Roadburn EP, followed last year by Dread Sovereign's Pray To The Devil In Man EP and the Godflesh live Streetcleaner set. This year is no exception, and we once more present a special release for you: In conjunction with the special live set concentrating on the slower, painful, dirgy elements of Napalm Death at this year's festival, we will release Napalm Death's Our Pain Is Their Power EP to commemorate their appearance at Roadburn 2014 on Thursday, April 10th."

"Napalm Death's Our Pain Is Their Power EP collects those slower tracks that drip with sonic anguish from the last few albums onto one EP in a one-time run of 500 copies, only to be sold at the Roadburn Festival 2014."

The tracklist is as follows:

Side A:
01. Persona Non Grata
02. Smear Campaign
03. Atheist Runt

Side B:
01. Morale
02. Our Pain Is Their Power
03. Weltschmerz (Extended Apocalyptic Power)

Napalm Death vocalist Mark 'Barney' Greenway checked in as follows about the release: "I think it's fair to say that live and on album Napalm Death has always had more of an emphasis on a bare bones approach - just hit the 'go button' and it should all just about stay on the rails. However, there are other layers to the band and recently we've been in situations with more potential to pluck those from our repertoire. So, this EP gives you a significant flavour of that - as will the live performance. Although the music isn't entirely identical, I feel the moroseness and sheer desperate bludgeon of early Swans is a big factor for us in creating this different type of mood. Hopefully we can emulate that kind of power."

Bass player Shane Embury commented on the cover track: "Since I was blessed with being introduced to Cardiacs way back in 1986 they have been one of my favorite bands of all time! Getting to meet and become friends with Tim Smith, the musical genius behind it all, over the years was an added bonus. Tim always struck me as a person with a massive heart, who had a very pure and innocent view of the world in which we live in - something i totally related to, as the world can be a dark place - he radiated happiness. We shared many fun and elaborate conversations after Cardiacs shows in the early 90's and I loved every minute of every conversation with him. I could go on and on for hours about how amazing his music is and the immense influence it has had on my life but suffice to say this cover of 'To Go Off And Things' that we have recorded is in tribute to the brilliance that is Tim Smith - it is the least we can do for a man who has given us so much.

"Tim has unfortunately been severely unwell for a few years now and we hope with this recording made available to everyone for download on our bandcamp site for only 1 (you can pay more if your heart so desires!) we can help raise some money to go towards Tim's rehabilitation! We hope you like our version of the song and find it in your heart to donate something towards such a worthy cause...Thanks for taking the time to read this."

You can head over to support this good cause and purchase/donate (1 or more at own choice) the cover song here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Napalm Death
Posted: 03.04.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 30 users
04.04.2014 - 01:50
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Curious to see what'll come of this Napalm Doom set at the fest
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII

Hits total: 2211 | This month: 2