Metal Storm logo
Diggin' for new Folk Metal!

08.04.2014 - 08:13
toxx
Supreme being
I thought I'd follow up on AngelofDeth's "Is folk metal on the decline?" thread, with this.

Start digging! The purpose is to search and find GOOD new folk metal releases. With new, i mean releases from the last couple of years and newer. There must be something good out there!

Let the hunt begin!

I'll start with this. Originally Romanian I think, but as I understand, the bands home is now Portugal.

08.04.2014 - 09:57
no one
Account deleted
Written by toxx on 08.04.2014 at 08:13

I thought I'd follow up on AngelofDeth's "Is folk metal on the decline?" thread, with this.

Start digging! The purpose is to search and find GOOD new folk metal releases. With new, i mean releases from the last couple of years and newer. There must be something good out there!

Let the hunt begin!

I'll start with this. Originally Romanian I think, but as I understand, the bands home is now Portugal.

This will probably just get put in the folk metal thread, but a good idea all the same as i have been in a bit of a hunt for some good new folk metal. Also GOOD can mean different things
08.04.2014 - 10:24
toxx
Supreme being
Written by Guest on 08.04.2014 at 09:57

This will probably just get put in the folk metal thread, but a good idea all the same as i have been in a bit of a hunt for some good new folk metal. Also GOOD can mean different things

It might! But i specified that this should be about digging for newer releases, not Folk Metal in general. We'll see.

"Good" is always a question of personal taste, and personal taste contributes to diversity, which is nice
09.04.2014 - 06:46
The Evergreen

Well, how about all four new bands named in the other thread? (Tengger Cavalry, Vespiria, Trollband, and Scythia)

Also, it may be a little old news, but Wilderun is pretty cool and will hopefully have some new material before long.
09.04.2014 - 10:10
toxx
Supreme being
Written by The Evergreen on 09.04.2014 at 06:46

Well, how about all four new bands named in the other thread? (Tengger Cavalry, Vespiria, Trollband, and Scythia)

Also, it may be a little old news, but Wilderun is pretty cool and will hopefully have some new material before long.

They are worth mentioning, yes. I was the one who posted Tengger

Don't think I have heard Wilderun. I'll check it out!
11.04.2014 - 04:02
The Evergreen

I guess everyone in this thread was over there too.
I listened to your suggestion here. It was pleasant, but didn't really stick like Tengger. It was a nice thing to have on at work.