Metal Storm logo
Dråpsnatt - Sign To Nordvis Produktion, New Album Update

Having released new material from Stilla and Skogen, Nordvis Produktion now presents the signing of Dråpsnatt. The black metal duo from northern Sweden have three albums to their name before signing on with Nordvis; 2009's I Denna Skog, 2010's Hymner Till Undergången and the 2012 release Skelepht. Besides procuring the rights for two upcoming albums, the first of which is planned to be recorded in the summer of 2014, the deal also means that their 2010 album Hymner Till Undergången will be re-released by Nordvis in the coming months. Stay tuned for more news regarding this in the near future.

Taken from the upcoming reissue of their 2010 album Hymner Till Undergången

Dråpsnatt has made the following statement: "Some time has passed since we really felt that we had anything to share with all of you. The plans to record a fourth album became postponed due to us finding ourselves in some strange state of not knowing if we had a label or not. As you know, we are no longer bound to Frostscald Records and even though we - needless to say - were annoyed with the situation, there is no bad blood or hard feelings between us, at least not for our part.

"So, what's the news, you might ask?! Well, brace yourselves. We are proud to say that we are from here on signed by Nordvis Produktion. We have known about these guys for some time, partly because they also reside in the woodlands of our hometown Skelepht, but also because they have made quite a reputation for themselves by having high quality (rather than high quantity) bands. We are thus proud and honored to join the same ranks as Stilla, Lustre, Skogen, Lönndom, Grift, Bergraven and LIK.

"And now, hold on to your seats ladies and gentlemen - there will finally be merchandise available alongside with the releases of albums. For starters, Nordvis will re-release the album Hymner Till Undergången with t-shirts to go with it. We have now made plans to record our fourth album during this summer, and once we get the ball to start rolling things tend to happen pretty quick. Stay tuned for updates!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Dråpsnatt
Posted: 09.04.2014 by Nordvis

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 39 users
09.04.2014 - 13:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Good one, great song
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.04.2014 - 18:25
Windir

Great news! Hymner Till Undergången finally available on cd!
09.04.2014 - 18:38
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Anyone know what's the deal with Frostscald Records these days? Seems like their online presence is almost non-existent aside from other labels carrying some of their releases.

Good for these guys (and others who managed to sever their ties). They say no hard feelings but I think what they mean is "we can't wait to be marketed properly" because Frostscald barely made an effort in doing that.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.04.2014 - 19:01
scaesura

Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.04.2014 at 18:38

Anyone know what's the deal with Frostscald Records these days? Seems like their online presence is almost non-existent aside from other labels carrying some of their releases.

Good for these guys (and others who managed to sever their ties). They say no hard feelings but I think what they mean is "we can't wait to be marketed properly" because Frostscald barely made an effort in doing that.

I have heard [probably from Drapsnatt actually] that Frostscald is essentially dead. Bankrupt/No longer existent. Seems likely, I ordered a few albums from them a couple years ago now and still have never seen them or heard from the label or anything.
09.04.2014 - 19:06
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by scaesura on 09.04.2014 at 19:01
I have heard [probably from Drapsnatt actually] that Frostscald is essentially dead. Bankrupt/No longer existent. Seems likely, I ordered a few albums from them a couple years ago now and still have never seen them or heard from the label or anything.

I remember doing the same. Initially I had contact with the label owner for review purposes but he suddenly fell quiet with no explanation. Their website is down, their Facebook page is no longer active, and the only Frostscald merch left seems to be held by Hell's Headbangers.

It's not a surprise they went bankrupt if that's indeed what happened. They had a pretty talented roster (including Drapsnatt) but failed to market them at all aside from a random Facebook post here and there. Hopefully these guys (and others no longer on the roster) can move on and make up for lost opportunities.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
10.04.2014 - 05:51
Nordvis

I'm afraid I can't really say more than what has already been said about Frostcald, except that Ilya from Hexenhammer Records took over the contracts for bands signed on Frostcald when he disappeared but appears to have given them the opportunity to sign elsewhere if they so wish even if they were still contracted for more albums, but with Hexenhammer keeping the rights for albums already released under contract.

As for Nordvis, what we can promise for fans of Dråpsnatt is first off something that hasn't been released in the Dråpsnattt name yet up 'til this point: merchandise. And while I don't particularly know the extent of Frostcalds marketing, Skogen, who were also previously on Frostcald before signing on with us, have told us they've never seen anything close to this kind of marketing before.
----
www.nordvis.com
www.facebook.com/nordvis
www.twitter.com/NordvisOfficial
www.youtube.com/NVP113
www.soundcloud.com/nordvis
nordvis.bandcamp.com
10.04.2014 - 06:05
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Nordvis on 10.04.2014 at 05:51
...merchandise.

Any hoodies by chance?
----
10.04.2014 - 06:15
Nordvis

Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.04.2014 at 06:05

Written by Nordvis on 10.04.2014 at 05:51
...merchandise.

Any hoodies by chance?

I wouldn't rule it out yet, even if it's not something we've done with Nordvis so far. With the re-release of "Hymner..." we'll have some t-shirts and that's it, but for the new album they'll record this summer we'll take other things into consideration as well.

Merchandise in general is something we'll be doing a lot more of (as well as vinyl, most likely) in the future. Not just for Dråpsnatt but for our other artists as well.
----
www.nordvis.com
www.facebook.com/nordvis
www.twitter.com/NordvisOfficial
www.youtube.com/NVP113
www.soundcloud.com/nordvis
nordvis.bandcamp.com

Hits total: 1952 | This month: 8