Metal Storm logo
As I Lay Dying - New Project's Name And More Revealed

As hinted before, Metal Blade Records has announced that Jordan Mancino (drums), Nick Hipa (guitar), Phil Sgrosso (guitar) and Josh Gilbert (bass) of San Diego based metal act As I Lay Dying have teamed up with vocalist Shane Blay (previously lead guitar/clean vocals in Oh, Sleeper) to create the new band Wovenwar. That's As I Lay Dying minus Tim Lambesis. Over approximately the last year, the band completed work on new material recorded with producer Bill Stevenson (Descendents, Black Flag) with mixing duties currently being handled by Colin Richardson (Slipknot, Machine Head, Trivium). For now, you can enjoy a small teaser below.

On April 21st, fans will get their first full listen of Wovenwar's debut single "All Rise". While not the final mastered version, the song will be a proper representation of what's to come when Wovenwar's self-titled debut drops late summer 2014. Are you curious about this project?

You can follow the band here.

Source: metalblade.com
Band profile: As I Lay Dying
Posted: 14.04.2014 by BloodJuNkie

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 157 users
14.04.2014 - 23:19
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Hey sometimes my suggestions aren't terrible.

Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.04.2014 at 21:38

Now this is an example of a band that might benefit from a name change...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.04.2014 - 23:31
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.04.2014 at 23:19

Hey sometimes my suggestions aren't terrible.

Except it's not a name change, it's a whole new band.

I really hate when bands release these so-called "teasers" cuz they never actually tease at what's to come. Studio reports where they play snippets of songs in the background, or from a computer while the band is talking about the process, those are teasers. -_-
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

14.04.2014 - 23:34
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by psykometal on 14.04.2014 at 23:31
Except it's not a name change, it's a whole new band.

I really hate when bands release these so-called "teasers" cuz they never actually tease at what's to come. Studio reports where they play snippets of songs in the background, or from a computer while the band is talking about the process, those are teasers. -_-

Eh, same difference. I doubt AILD will ever release anything under that name again and this is basically the new incarnation of that band.

Agreed about snippets and teasers though. Second dumbest way to build hype - next to having your site "hacked".
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.04.2014 - 23:41
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.04.2014 at 23:34

Eh, same difference. I doubt AILD will ever release anything under that name again and this is basically the new incarnation of that band.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tim released material under the name in the future, not with these guys supporting him mind you, but still under the AILD name. And I have a feeling the music is not going to be like AILD, I could be wrong, but I just don't feel like it's going to. Feels like this is going to end up being something along the lines of what I was referring to in the Opeth news thread about how I feel that bands who drastically change their sound should put the old band name to rest and start a new band with a new name.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

15.04.2014 - 04:37
Asat0r
Written by psykometal on 14.04.2014 at 23:41

Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.04.2014 at 23:34

I wouldn't be surprised if Tim released material under the name in the future, not with these guys supporting him mind you, but still under the AILD name. And I have a feeling the music is not going to be like AILD, I could be wrong, but I just don't feel like it's going to. Feels like this is going to end up being something along the lines of what I was referring to in the Opeth news thread about how I feel that bands who drastically change their sound should put the old band name to rest and start a new band with a new name.

I completely agree with changing the name. After you cycle through so many members, the music will naturally change, and become something completely different. When Bands like AILD go through changes like they have with this recent incident, it's only right to change the name of the band, out of respect to the music and the band itself.
15.04.2014 - 20:43
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by deadone on 15.04.2014 at 07:35

Should've been "Slaughter Spouse."

Your joke is bad, and you should feel bad.

Hits total: 2785 | This month: 7