Metal Storm logo
Change of Seasons vs. Octavarium (songs)

Poll

Which do you like the most?

Change of Seasons
Octavarium
Tie

Total votes: 22
23.01.2007 - 00:09
tulkas
el parcero
I was listening the other day to these songs and the question just came to my mind, which of these two DT epic songs is better? or which one do I prefer? As for me, I think there's a tie between them. Probably 'cause I wasn't able to have a winner, or wasn' able to find a good argument to which why I consider one being better than the other.
So, I want to know what other metalstormers think, whether you like one or the other, of if you also consider that there's a tie between them, and why.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
27.05.2007 - 19:14
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
I have to go with "A Change of Seasons" The originality was exceptional and the playing was top notch. Also, it set a new standard for songs.
----
(space for rent)
30.05.2007 - 11:24
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
Ill say octavarium, Its a much more experience and diverse DT who recorded this song. Boths songs take you ona profound musical journey. One thing is for sure here, DT rock.
23.09.2007 - 06:17
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
both are awesome but i voted octaviarium, but looking back i almost should have voted tie
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
27.09.2007 - 20:13
BloodTears
ANA-thema
It's a tie for me. Because I see brilliant things in both. I can't decide which one I like the most. So there.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
11.02.2008 - 23:36
Damnated
Churchburner
*resurrecshun*

Change of Seasons. i used to be obsessed with this 2-3 years ago, and i still like it very much, although i haven't heard it in a long time. this song is just utter brilliance and the creative peak of the whole band. it has a very fresh 70s prog rock sound. i never heard DT play like this.

Change of Seasons is on a whole different level than Octavarium. it's just a lousy attempt to recreate CoS imo.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
13.02.2008 - 02:18
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
A Change Of Seasons isn't as focused an album as Octavarium...Change Of Seasons isn't really an album by nature, featuring a 23-minute long epic and live cover songs...although the album is quite impressive musically and is quite entertaining as a whole and I find myself listening to it more often than Octavarium (because there are some songs on Octavarium that I just downright hate...), Octavarium is an actual studio album and the songs are strong as a whole verses A Change Of Seasons...
13.02.2008 - 13:42
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 13.02.2008 at 02:18

A Change Of Seasons isn't as focused an album as Octavarium...Change Of Seasons isn't really an album by nature, featuring a 23-minute long epic and live cover songs...although the album is quite impressive musically and is quite entertaining as a whole and I find myself listening to it more often than Octavarium (because there are some songs on Octavarium that I just downright hate...), Octavarium is an actual studio album and the songs are strong as a whole verses A Change Of Seasons...

the poll is about the songs. not the albums.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
13.02.2008 - 17:33
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Damnated: If you actually read my post, you'll notice that the word "songs" came up
13.02.2008 - 17:39
Warman
Erotic Stains
Both songs are stunning. both songs are some of the best ever composed! But I'll always have to go with A Change of Seasons! One of the most beautiful songs in the whole world and if it weren't for Master of Puppets and its importance for me, it would surely be my favourite song. Everything is perfect, especially the drums, LaBrie and surprisingly Sherinian's keyboards.
----
13.02.2008 - 19:44
marillionfan
Account deleted
I've voted for A Change of Season, it's more original than Octavarium (which is imitating Pink Floyd a bit too much). Anyway let's not forget that Kevin Moore is the genious on keyboards (the song is older than 1995 when it was released), Sherinian executed only what Moore created there, brought nothing to this song. But he is OK.
20.12.2012 - 00:27
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I really liked A Change of Seasons, i thought it was a great epic.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
31.12.2012 - 04:29
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
A Change of Seasons is great. One of my Top 3 Dream Theater songs.

Octavarium is... good. Some great sections, and some that drag a bit. I prefer both A Mind Beside Itself and Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence over it when talking about DT songs/suites over 20 minutes.
12.01.2013 - 07:27
Evil Chip

A Change of Seasons of course. It has a much more melancholic and dark aproach than Octavarium.