Metal Storm logo
Your best festival/concert stories

23.04.2014 - 08:05
toxx
Supreme being
"... Because no great story starts with a salad.."

I want you to share with your fellow Metalstormers your mest memorable moments from metal events! (That was a lot of M's)

Got any cool stories, like "this one time, at bandcamp..." ? Replace bandcamp with festival or concert of course.

When alcohol is consumed, great things tend to happen. And things that are not so great. And bad things too. You get it. Share your story here!
25.04.2014 - 09:47
toxx
Supreme being
I'll start then!

First story I can think of was at the Inferno festival in Oslo in 2007. It was the last day of the festival. I was on the roof terrace at the venue having a cig, when a girl drunkenly approached me. She wondered if I could give her a hug, since she was cold. Her breath reaked of whisky. Then she asked if I could kiss her. I politely declined. After talking to her for a while, we agreed on exchanging phone numbers. Didn't see her again that night, so i figured she went home. The night ended with Sodom on stage. Awesome show. Abbath got on stage and sang along on a couple of songs too!

The next day I texted her to find out where she went the night before. She had gotten sick, and went home. As I expected, considering the amount of alcohol she must have consumed. We continued texting throughout the day, and for a few weeks after that. One day she called me, and asked if I wanted to come visit her. I did, and one thing led to another..

We moved in together in 2008, Had two kids, got married in 2012, and bought our first house last year.

So, you could say that going to Inferno that year paid off
25.04.2014 - 15:15
Vombatus
Potorro
That's a cool story man ! Must be quite a thing to find your better half at a concert/festival....

My festival stories aren't anything special, mostly revolving around great levels of intoxications, brief meetings with a very heterogeneous lot of people, general fooling around and having the typical good time at concerts. Could mention a few things, but nothing too life changing.