Metal Storm logo
Immolation - New Album Completed

Death metallers Immolation have wrapped up the recording process for their new full-length album, "Shadows In The Light", which is set for an April release via Century Media. The effort was recorded at Millbrook Sound Studios with producer Paul Orofino. "Shadows In The Light" features the following tracks:

01. Hate's Plague
02. Passion Kill
03. World Agony
04. Tarnished
05. The Weight Of Devotion
06. Breathing The Dark
07. Deliverer Of Evil
08. Shadows In The Light
09. Lying With Demons
10. Whispering Death

Robert Vigna (guitars) further describes the new album: "It's aggressive, emotional and haunting. The disc delivers all of Immolation's attributes, as it's catchy as hell, very direct and to the point. The album devastates on all levels, from blasting madness and militant charges to sorrow-filled doom and depression. It is a very complete record with soulful solos, thunderous raging drums and vocals that lash right out at you!"

Source: bravewords.com
Band profile: Immolation
Posted: 23.01.2007 by Thryce (brb)

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 10 users
23.01.2007 - 11:17
Syk
myspace/bonerama
What would you Immolation fans say is their best album to date?
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
23.01.2007 - 12:49
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Yeah! I'm looking forward to the new Immolation album, "Harnessing Ruin" kicked asses!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
23.01.2007 - 14:58
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Alright, I cannot wait! Ever since listening to "Harnessing Ruin", I have been hooked to these guys, so I'm quite enthusiastic for this album to be released.
24.01.2007 - 02:34
Richard

This will certainly be worth checking out... Robert Vigna's description of the new material is how I'd describe a lot of Immolation's work so far. I think Immolation is one of those bands that have their own noticeable style within an arguably limited genre - I'm sure when we hear the new one, it'll sound like Immolation right away.

@Syk: I think their best album to date is either 'Here In After' or 'Unholy Cult'. The former is faster and more technical, whereas the latter is more atmospheric and moody (in a Death Metal way).
----
24.01.2007 - 03:18
Mega-Slayer

I think I will check it out,they have usually released only good quality unique death metal.My personal favorite is most definitley their debut,they brought lots of technicality to the table and some very low distinct vocals.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
27.01.2007 - 00:13
Daru Jericho

Yay. I hope it gors down well at a live show. \m/
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

25.03.2007 - 23:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
I have just heard it, songs are good, but the sound is terrible especially the drums and vocals.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.03.2007 - 01:25
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
^^^ yeah, they've always had pretty low quality production. Oh well, from what I've heard from it so far, the music is good.
26.03.2007 - 02:32
Stigmatized
Meh, it's an Immolation album. It's gonna slay.
28.02.2010 - 05:02
burntblack

Written by Syk on 23.01.2007 at 11:17

What would you Immolation fans say is their best album to date?

This is a response to Syk's question -from '07 - but I got an opinion to state about that question.
My opinion is just an opinion like anyone else's, but I can't possibly see how anyone could think that "Dawn of Possession" is not their undisputed masterpiece. Yeah, like I said, it's just my opinion, but fuck!
Every song is super strong, I love Craig Smilowswki's drumming and Ross' vocs are more menacing and evil sounding than ever -imo. Perfect example is "into Everlasting Fire" I haven't heard any song on their later albums that is as purely Immolation as that. I get a lot of shit from friends that I put my opinion on the table too strongly and too often, so sorry if I am annoying or pissing people off - it's a bad habit.
I also love "Stepping on Angels" so obviously I prefer the earlier Immolation.

Hits total: 4097 | This month: 5