Metal Storm logo
Sonic Syndicate - Share New Album Cover And More

The Swedes Sonic Syndicate have been busy working on their new album, their first in four years. Today the first details have been revealed. Their upcoming fifth studio album will be self-titled and is set to be released on July 4th, 2014 via Nuclear Blast. Feast your eyes on the cover art below.
You can expect a new song to be released very soon.

Sonic Syndicate will also feature a guest appearance by Soilwork's vocalist Björn "Speed" Strid on the track "Before You Finally Break."

Commented guitarist, main songwriter and founding member, Robin Sjunnesson: "We decided to go with this one as a 'self-titled' release. Mainly because as an album we have put everything we've got into it. All of our experience as musicians, the evolution of the music, the sound from all eras of the band, and also the road we have taken as people. This is us, this is Sonic Syndicate in all its beauty and destruction. It shows our strength, our love for melody, our scars, our energy. The cover art is a definite representation of that. In the background, a battle-torn city laid to waste, four figures emerging together with only each other to depend on in an environment so harsh, only those with a tough heart, body and soul can survive. The tone throughout this album is definitely darker, and as my Swedish family would say 'With a red-line running in the middle' so we put this into the colour-scheme. We could not be more proud of this album, and we thank our fans for the support, it's because of them that we're here. This album is for you."

The album will include a total of 11 tracks while the limited edition digipak will feature 3 bonus tracks.

Sonic Syndicate tracklist:

01. Day Of The Dead
02. Black Hole Halo
03. Long Road Home
04. My Revenge
05. Before You Finally Break (feat. Speed/ Soilwork)
06. Catching Fire
07. Unbreakable
08. It Takes Me
09. See What I See
10. So Addicted
11. The Flame That Changed The World

Limited edition bonus tracks:

12. Diabolical Work Of Art
13. What We Shared
14. Another Soldier Down

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Sonic Syndicate
Posted: 25.04.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 93 users
25.04.2014 - 18:07
ScottyM

Band should have stayed dead, alas a dead band doesn't pay the bills. They went from good, to great, to an embarrassing poster-band for Jersey Shore if it were raped by a coked out, bass guitar swinging hooker.
25.04.2014 - 22:05
ScottyM

Written by Guest on 25.04.2014 at 18:16

I mean, it can't be worse than their previous release... RIGHT?!? :/

If I had a dime for every time I've heard these words mumbled here...
26.04.2014 - 03:24
Kuroboshi

Written by ScottyM on 25.04.2014 at 18:07

Band should have stayed dead, alas a dead band doesn't pay the bills. They went from good, to great, to an embarrassing poster-band for Jersey Shore if it were raped by a coked out, bass guitar swinging hooker.

Apart from the "From good, to great" I agree. This is one of the most embarrassing bands I've ever had the displeasure to listen to.

Hits total: 2330 | This month: 6