04. Mountain Wolves Under A Crescent Moon
05. Ravenous Abominations
06. Doom Priest
07. Summon All Hate
08. Morbid Death
09. Bury Me In A Nameless Grave
10. Armalite Assassin
11. Strike Of The Apocalypse

Ravenous Plague is, through and through, a pretty good album. The riffing will snag you with all its barbs and rusted hooks, and it'll hurt in a pretty good kind of way. Legion Of The Damned make pretty solid tunes.

This is just missing something is all, and I don't know exactly what that something is. There's a lacking x-factor here somewhere.

I mean, on paper, it looks great; it's got the infectious riffs, snarling, mean-sounding vox, rich drums, yadda yadda. These are all good things, but it's a pretty boring album overall. There's some "holding back" element here, I think. It feels too calculated to be lovable, doesn't have any reckless flair. Kinda reminds me of Diamond Plate's latest album in that way.

That's not to say that it's not worth checking out though. Can't stress that enough, particularly when it comes to the riffing here. The package overall, however, is just too clean and reserved sounding. Thrash is frequently at its best when it's reckless. When it sputters and trips occasionally but does so madly or energetically, it's a treat. Slop can provide some element of endearing idiosyncrasy sometimes. This, on the other end, is just too composed sounding.

You might find more than enough to like about this thing, but if you like a little more obnoxiousness with your tunes, you'll probably come out of this bored, despite your aching neck from all the head-banging. Really just comes down to what thrash does for you and how you like it cooked.

Written on 25.04.2014 by Wormdrink's real name is George and he's an American.

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 87 users
26.04.2014 - 20:39
Rating: 7
Coolingsrock

Exactly

Hits total: 3901 | This month: 12