02. II
03. III
04. IV
05. V
06. VI
07. VII
08. VIII

Additional info
Recorded and mastered by Sam Thredder at the Cro's Nest studio.

Found in 8 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 22   Visited by: 110 users
27.04.2014 - 00:32
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
This is really good. Heavy and visceral.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
27.04.2014 - 00:41
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Doom plus Blackened Sludge heh? Gonna take a look at that
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
27.04.2014 - 00:45
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
To me this sounds like Electric Wizard playing blackened sludge. And that's a very, very good thing indeed.
12.05.2014 - 11:03
Rating: 6
mz

Am I missing something?
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
12.05.2014 - 13:07
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by mz on 12.05.2014 at 11:03

Am I missing something?

Good taste

But seriously, this easily trounces Coffinworm, Indian and Lord Mantis for me. I love that it sounds like they're playing stoner metal rather than sludge, but have blackened sludge's aesthetic and drone doom's guitar fuzz and tone. It's groovy as fuck whilst being as heavy as the moon. Nice varied songwriting; the pacey black metal sections break up the songs and the vocals are perfectly positioned within the music as well as they add to the dirty, grittiness but never become fatiguing.
12.05.2014 - 17:37
mz

Written by Guest on 12.05.2014 at 13:07

Good taste

But seriously, this easily trounces Coffinworm, Indian and Lord Mantis for me. I love that it sounds like they're playing stoner metal rather than sludge, but have blackened sludge's aesthetic and drone doom's guitar fuzz and tone. It's groovy as fuck whilst being as heavy as the moon. Nice varied songwriting; the pacey black metal sections break up the songs and the vocals are perfectly positioned within the music as well as they add to the dirty, grittiness but never become fatiguing.

Not really.
I listened to this last night before sleeping and found it extremely repetitive. While being repetitive is not intrinsically bad (for example, Indian are great) but this was really not so effective. I did not see much diversity in songwriting tbh. Maybe I was not conscious enough but most of the songs had the same formula. The vocals seemed to be exaggerated, too.
Rechecking this now.
----
12.05.2014 - 17:41
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by mz on 12.05.2014 at 17:37

Not really.
I listened to this last night before sleeping and found it extremely repetitive. While being repetitive is not intrinsically bad (for example, Indian are great) but this was really not so effective. I did not see much diversity in songwriting tbh. Maybe I was not conscious enough but most of the songs had the same formula. The vocals seemed to be exaggerated, too.
Rechecking this now.

The vocals to me are very buried within the mix; I find I often don't even notice them outside of being a sound in the background. You aren't listening to this on your laptop speakers are you? As for songs being the same formula, that's possibly true, but I didn't find it was to the same extent as say the new Lord Mantis. I found it to be a nice mix of sludge and stoner doom with moments of black metal and drone.
12.05.2014 - 17:50
mz

Written by Guest on 12.05.2014 at 17:41

The vocals to me are very buried within the mix; I find I often don't even notice them outside of being a sound in the background. You aren't listening to this on your laptop speakers are you? As for songs being the same formula, that's possibly true, but I didn't find it was to the same extent as say the new Lord Mantis. I found it to be a nice mix of sludge and stoner doom with moments of black metal and drone.

I'm using new earbuds
As I said, it's true that some other bands are also repetetive and follow the same formula but it works in case of LM and Indian.
To be honest, it is turning out to be better than what I initially supposed but still I don't think it's taht good. Electric Wizard playing blackend sludge is damn accurate but too bad the music does not come close to expectations caused by that description.
----
12.05.2014 - 18:03
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by mz on 12.05.2014 at 17:50

I'm using new earbuds
As I said, it's true that some other bands are also repetetive and follow the same formula but it works in case of LM and Indian.
To be honest, it is turning out to be better than what I initially supposed but still I don't think it's taht good. Electric Wizard playing blackend sludge is damn accurate but too bad the music does not come close to expectations caused by that description.

I hope they're decent earbuds and not the ones that come with mp3 players
12.05.2014 - 18:05
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 12.05.2014 at 13:07
But seriously, this easily trounces Coffinworm, Indian and Lord Mantis for me.

Youa re talking about the latest works of these bands, right? Because you'd be using bold words if you were talking about Pervertor. D:
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
12.05.2014 - 18:07
mz

Written by Guest on 12.05.2014 at 18:03

I hope they're decent earbuds and not the ones that come with mp3 players

Haha exactly one that came with a mp3 player. Cant really complain as it was a present.
----
12.05.2014 - 18:08
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by mz on 12.05.2014 at 18:07

Haha exactly one that came with a mp3 player. Cant really complain as it was a present.

I'm far from being an audiophile but music should never be listened to on those basic earbuds. So to answer your earlier question "Am I missing something?" the answer is "bass, depth and definition" =P
12.05.2014 - 18:09
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 12.05.2014 at 18:05

Youa re talking about the latest works of these bands, right? Because you'd be using bold words if you were talking about Pervertor. D:

Ha, of course, as much as I like this 'Pervertor' still reigns supreme. Its throne is definitely safe.
12.05.2014 - 18:15
mz

Written by Guest on 12.05.2014 at 18:08

I'm far from being an audiophile but music should never be listened to on those basic earbuds. So to answer your earlier question "Am I missing something?" the answer is "bass, depth and definition" =P

I've never used anything beside those basic earbud
I was planning to by a good player+headphone but then realized that I have to pay the university fees. Still want to buy a great headphone in summer but at the moment I have no other choice.
----
12.05.2014 - 18:20
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by mz on 12.05.2014 at 18:15

I've never used anything beside those basic earbud
I was planning to by a good player+headphone but then realized that I have to pay the university fees. Still want to buy a great headphone in summer but at the moment I have no other choice.

You don't even need a good player. Just get a decent pair of headphones that has a reasonably low impedance (25 - 32ohms would be fine) and it'll sound great without needing to be amped on your laptop, as long as the bitrate of the music is half decent. You're really not experiencing music anywhere near its best with earbuds dude
12.05.2014 - 18:25
mz

Written by Guest on 12.05.2014 at 18:20

You don't even need a good player. Just get a decent pair of headphones that has a reasonably low impedance (25 - 32ohms would be fine) and it'll sound great without needing to be amped on your laptop, as long as the bitrate of the music is half decent. You're really not experiencing music anywhere near its best with earbuds dude

I'm aware that some of the most intricate elements gets missed by these shitty earbuds and also they damage my ears. I'd be sure asking about the proper headphone from you when I want to buy one as you seem to be experienced in this area.
----
12.05.2014 - 18:28
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by mz on 12.05.2014 at 18:25

I'm aware that some of the most intricate elements gets missed by these shitty earbuds and also they damage my ears. I'd be sure asking about the proper headphone from you when I want to buy one as you seem to be experienced in this area.

Not really experienced, but I have seen the difference a good pair of headphones can make, even from a reasonable set of speakers. Getting separation within the music and picking up all manner of details allows you appreciate music all over again.
12.05.2014 - 18:50
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 12.05.2014 at 18:20

Mine are a pair of Sony MDR-V55 (40 ohm apparently). I have no idea how good or bad they are for some other people but I'm very pleased with them.
----
Rod, let me love you.
12.05.2014 - 18:55
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 12.05.2014 at 18:50

Mine are a pair of Sony MDR-V55 (40 ohm apparently). I have no idea how good or bad they are for some other people but I'm very pleased with them.

I actually owned a pair of Sony MDR-V6 headphones (apparently some the best and one of the oldest and most used studio headphones, there's even photos of Igorrr using them somewhere), but sent them back because they were too quiet. Wasn't until later I realised they needed an amp (they're 60ohms apparently). No idea what yours sound like though
12.05.2014 - 21:53
Rating: 8
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick

I swear to god you worship Pervertor like it's some sort of second coming of christ. It's a fantastic album, but still...
12.05.2014 - 21:58
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Alex F on 12.05.2014 at 21:53

I swear to god you worship Pervertor like it's some sort of second coming of christ. It's a fantastic album, but still...

Nah I worship Mories and Igorrr far more. I don't listen to it so regularly but when I do... It reminds me that so far it's probably my favorite blackened sludge album. Ain't big deal.
It's like when someone says their favorite album of a year or something... They probably won't change their minds if the year is gone. So far I haven't heard a better album.
----
Rod, let me love you.
30.05.2014 - 03:39
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
What a ridiculously heavy show these guys put on. Somehow manage to maintain their sound clarity as well.

Hits total: 3438 | This month: 11