Metal Storm logo
Pensées Nocturnes - 'Grotesque' To Be Released On Vinyl

Good news for Pensées Nocturnes fans. The one-man black metal project of Vaerohn will get the vinyl treatment since the Finnish label Blood Music will release its second album Grotesque (2010) on vinyl. According to the label, you can expect a deluxe vinyl of Grotesque in 2015 with more details to follow soon.

Meanwhile, you can always give Grotesque another spin on Bandcamp. Pensées Nocturnes latest release was Nom D'une Pipe! released in 2013.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Pensées Nocturnes
Posted: 28.04.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 22 users
28.04.2014 - 15:39
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
I really wish they did this with Vacuum instead. That album is so much better than anything else they've done
29.04.2014 - 03:13
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Alex F on 28.04.2014 at 15:39

I really wish they did this with Vacuum instead. That album is so much better than anything else they've done

You mean that *he's done
And I personally prefer Grotesque, as the title implies, it's a lot uglier than anything else Vaerohn's put out, but it's beautiful with the neoclassical elements as well, so I think it strikes a balance between the two that none of his other albums have.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
29.04.2014 - 05:16
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Auntie Sahar on 29.04.2014 at 03:13

You mean that *he's done
And I personally prefer Grotesque, as the title implies, it's a lot uglier than anything else Vaerohn's put out, but it's beautiful with the neoclassical elements as well, so I think it strikes a balance between the two that none of his other albums have.

That's true, I momentarily forgot that it was just one guy. And the debut really captures my attention and speaks to me on an emotional level whereas his other stuff I simply find enjoyable for a listen every couple of months.
29.04.2014 - 05:34
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Alex F on 29.04.2014 at 05:16

The debut really captures my attention and speaks to me on an emotional level whereas his other stuff I simply find enjoyable for a listen every couple of months.

Indeed, I've seen that most people hold Vacuum in the highest regard as far as the discography as a whole is concerned. Grotesque is my favorite though, and the newest album is so-so. Messy at some points, genius at others.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII

Hits total: 2015 | This month: 8