Metal Storm logo
Deicide

20.05.2006 - 20:09
Hylia
Well I didn't find a topic on Deicide yet,one of the most important Death metal bands from Florida.From their self titled album to Scars of the Crucifix,Deicide have shown no sign of slowing down yet and are still one of the best Death metal bands ever.
20.05.2006 - 20:12
__Az__
Yeh, they truely are a great band... Well, from what Ive heard... All i own is their RoadRunner: Best Of Cd... I have to say that it has some amazing moments... Glen Benton is an amazing vocalist....

I will certainly look into purchasing some studio albums...
20.05.2006 - 20:13
Trifixion
Account deleted
Deicide are one of my favorite DM bands, and one of my favorite bands in general. Their first 2 albums are definetly their best and Legion is incredible. A few cd's did slow down however (In Torment In Hell , and I didn't think SOTC was anything special but it was good) but they still have some of the best DM out there. Hail Deicide!
21.05.2006 - 04:43
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I've always liked Deicide, but I didn't become boner time with them until I saw them live. I can't wait for their new cd that comes out next month. I'm interested in hearing the guitar-work from the ex-Cannibal Corpse dude.
21.05.2006 - 06:14
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
These guys are awsome, starting Death Metal along side Morbid Angel, the two most legendary Death Metal bands ever, i really like the album When Satan Lives, its their live album, its really good.
21.05.2006 - 18:27
__Az__
Written by Dangerboner on 21.05.2006 at 04:43

I've always liked Deicide, but I didn't become boner time with them until I saw them live. I can't wait for their new cd that comes out next month. I'm interested in hearing the guitar-work from the ex-Cannibal Corpse dude.

Wow, didnt know they were releasing a new album next month... News to me... Yeh, ill check that out.. Just after Ive brought 'Legion'.
21.05.2006 - 18:34
Baz Anderson
Staff
yeh - i cant wait for the new album either
i saw them live a number of months ago and they were really good!

their first three albums have to be their best ones - but i do like 'Scars Of The Crucifix' as well where a lot of people still dont really like it
22.05.2006 - 16:06
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Dangerboner on 21.05.2006 at 04:43

Didnt know that it is coming out that soon, cool. Although i was going to post that in interested in hearing the new guitarists, not knowing or reading anything who they are/from/ex-bands. Now im a bit more interested because of Jack Owens (ex-Cannibal Corpse) playing, and i havent heard anything from Dave Suzuki (Vital Remains) ... hopefully it will be a good listen.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
23.05.2006 - 01:02
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
Its coming out on a very cliche date. 6th of the 6th of 2006.
23.05.2006 - 01:26
Bloody Rain
I Am The Night
Deicide is also another great death metal band. Everything I've heard from the group is great. Although I do miss the Hoffman brothers, I just don't think it's the same Deicide without them.
23.05.2006 - 01:59
^Necrolust^
I woship their self titled album and Legion.There are some of my all time favourites.Amazing band indeed.Too bad I didn't like their latest albums too much...:erm:
----
Sin my soul,blesses with fire....
23.05.2006 - 02:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Well, I mentioned this in the other forum, but when I saw Deicide live about a month ago Glen said that the new Deicide album is the best thing he's ever been a part of. That includes Vital Remains too.
23.05.2006 - 02:47
Trifixion
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 23.05.2006 at 02:28

Well, I mentioned this in the other forum, but when I saw Deicide live about a month ago Glen said that the new Deicide album is the best thing he's ever been a part of. That includes Vital Remains too.

I'll take his word for it but you never know, I mean I doubt he'd say anything bad about it lol. He wants sales...but I don't know for some reason I think I'd be more convinced if Glen said it than other artists. He's known for having things his way so maybe we have something to look foward to. I know I'll be getting it either way though, so let's hope he's right
23.05.2006 - 03:18
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
I think that the Hoffman brothers deserve to win the court battle for Deicide. I think they make Deicide, Deicide. Glenn has good vocals, but is replacable.
23.05.2006 - 04:44
Trifixion
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 23.05.2006 at 03:18

I think that the Hoffman brothers deserve to win the court battle for Deicide. I think they make Deicide, Deicide. Glenn has good vocals, but is replacable.

Yeah the Hoffman brothers were amazing and were the base of it...actually I read somewhere that all but one song off of Legion aren't played in their live set anymore because they're "too chaotic."
However I don't agree with you about Glen. I think he's a great vocalist, he had a great style and sound on the first few albums, and his current low growls are great. Don't forget he's the bassist as well, which would call for 2 replacements. Sure he's nothing amazing but I think he has a great sound to him.
23.05.2006 - 07:05
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
I said i liked his vocals, but you do realise that the drummer did the bass on their first albums, not Glenn? However i just believe that their sound owes more the to the Hoffman brothers than Glenn.
24.05.2006 - 01:22
Trifixion
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 23.05.2006 at 07:05

I said i liked his vocals, but you do realise that the drummer did the bass on their first albums, not Glenn? However i just believe that their sound owes more the to the Hoffman brothers than Glenn.

Y'know that sounds familiar but I'm not sure if I ever heard that And yeah they definetly owe alot more to the Hoffman brothers, which I think is why their earlier albums were so much better. Haha sorry if I sounded angry or anything, I wasn't.
24.05.2006 - 02:35
Horlequism
Account deleted
My fav albums are Once Upon The Cross, Inseneratehymn and In Torment In Hell...a lot of people think that the latter two albums were put out to quicky and were kinda sloppy and went by too fast and was just a rush but Benton just had a lot to say and really pushed the band to finish in time...it was one of the reasons they left...Benton's control-freak ways...
24.05.2006 - 09:15
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
"Y'know that sounds familiar but I'm not sure if I ever heard that And yeah they definetly owe alot more to the Hoffman brothers, which I think is why their earlier albums were so much better. Haha sorry if I sounded angry or anything, I wasn't. "

Didnt sound angry, maybe just a little defensive
I wonder why Glen thinks he can kick 50% of the original band members out and still think he can claim the band....
24.05.2006 - 15:46
kackbratze
I like Deicide. They are a pretty consistent band. I haven't listened to "In Torment In Hell" yet, but I like Insinerathehymn the least of all their albums. It's slower which doesn't mean it's bad, but it sounds so uninspired. I like "Bible Basher" although it sounds somewhat cheesy. I am looking forward to "The Stench of Redemption". 6th June 2006? Bah, that's one day after I go to Rome for a week... >.<
25.05.2006 - 06:39
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Id rather go to Rome for a week than sit around for the new album
25.05.2006 - 13:19
__Az__
Written by Guest on 25.05.2006 at 06:39

Id rather go to Rome for a week than sit around for the new album

ha ha ha....
I dont blame you....
25.05.2006 - 14:30
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Well, "Scars..." was good, but not as good as the first albums so im wondering how this new album will be with Jack and whathisface on guitars.....
26.05.2006 - 03:09
Trifixion
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 25.05.2006 at 14:30

Well, "Scars..." was good, but not as good as the first albums so im wondering how this new album will be with Jack and whathisface on guitars.....

I've actually got to like SOTC alot more than I used to pretty recently (like the beginning of this week ) I listened to it some more and realized I was kinda hard on it, probably since I worship their first 2 albums. And we all know they won't be sounding like that anymore but hey I have hope for the new album.
26.05.2006 - 07:25
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Yes, it has some good songs but im usually bored after the short 28 minutes of the album.
28.05.2006 - 01:53
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Unfortunately, the new cd doesn't come out until August 22. Bastards...
28.05.2006 - 08:19
Trifixion
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 28.05.2006 at 01:53

Unfortunately, the new cd doesn't come out until August 22. Bastards...

!!
Eh there goes my June 6th lol. At least I still got the Slayer EP.
28.05.2006 - 11:14
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Good, thats another 2 months to make the album as good as their older (good) releases.
29.05.2006 - 17:30
kackbratze
And then I won't miss it when I'm in Rome. ;)
30.05.2006 - 16:07
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I think they're quite boring. I was gonna see them on Waldrock 2006, but apperently they cancelled. Can't say I'm going to cry now.. What is it that you all so much about them?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama