Metal Storm logo
Deicide

Original post

Posted by Hylia, 20.05.2006 - 20:09
Well I didn't find a topic on Deicide yet,one of the most important Death metal bands from Florida.From their self titled album to Scars of the Crucifix,Deicide have shown no sign of slowing down yet and are still one of the best Death metal bands ever.
06.03.2007 - 03:54
Winter Death
Account deleted
I'm the complete opposite. I try to hide my love of death metal like George W. Bush tries to hide his complete incompetence...well maybe that was a bad analogy.
06.03.2007 - 05:08
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by villain on 02.01.2007 at 16:12

I heard a lot of things about "legion" and downloaded it and it was a good decision.
No clue about other albums after Legion although some say they are very much shallow.

try their albums other than 'insineratehymn' and 'in torment in hell', these two aren't much good, but dodn't miss out ttheir 'the stench of redemption' and 'scars of the crucifix'.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
06.03.2007 - 05:45
Richard

I really can't get into The Stench Of Redemption, and it's strange because Deicide are one of my favourite Death Metal bands and have been for many years. But the groove seems to have been replaced with uneventful songwriting, sections which meander on with no purpose, and the songs just aren't catchy anymore. It actually sounds a bit generic. I hope it grows on me, but I found it disappointing.
----
06.03.2007 - 06:27
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by Richard on 06.03.2007 at 05:45

I really can't get into The Stench Of Redemption, and it's strange because Deicide are one of my favourite Death Metal bands and have been for many years. But the groove seems to have been replaced with uneventful songwriting, sections which meander on with no purpose, and the songs just aren't catchy anymore. It actually sounds a bit generic. I hope it grows on me, but I found it disappointing.

That's quite surprising.
I'd say that this new album is one of their best works ever. There are melody and catchy riffs, and each song sound different from each other. and specially their solos, they're great.
hope you'll get used to it slowly.
----
14.03.2007 - 18:41
HauntingNazareth
Account deleted
I really believe they are losing their creativity in guitar work, aside from solos that is. The riffs and everything is just boring now. With that said, I still love the band. They just need to pick up the speed.
15.03.2007 - 09:51
Eight
Shapeshifter
Written by Guest on 14.03.2007 at 18:41

I really believe they are losing their creativity in guitar work, aside from solos that is. The riffs and everything is just boring now.

Boring? Hell no. Tho i have not listened to all of 'em yet, but i do not consider them boring as their are today.
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
15.03.2007 - 15:47
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath

I really believe they are losing their creativity in guitar work, aside from solos that is. The riffs and everything is just boring now. With that said, I still love the band. They just need to pick up the speed.

What album(s) are you insinutating that they are losing their creativity on guitars?
----

Hellcunt Smurf
15.03.2007 - 18:04
HauntingNazareth
Account deleted
Written by Xtreme Jax on 15.03.2007 at 15:47

What album(s) are you insinutating that they are losing their creativity on guitars?
Their newest album. I dont really remember what its called, but I know its the newest one.
16.03.2007 - 05:10
blackmagic567
Account deleted
dead by dawn is fucking amazing
16.03.2007 - 20:24
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 15.03.2007 at 18:04

Their newest album. I dont really remember what its called, but I know its the newest one.

Stench of Redemtion happens to be the only release from theese guys I enjoy... Their older stuff is boring.
16.03.2007 - 21:59
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I don't think that the Stench of Redemption flows as well as the first album or Legion, and the songs aren't as catchy as they are on Serpents of the Light. I also find the guitar solo on the opening song to be a little cheesy, and I actually think I've heard it before. However, I still love that album and it's probably my second favorte, behind Legion.
17.03.2007 - 09:34
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
For me the album doesnt flow completely together because of the relationship between the guitars and the drums. The drums seem to be a bit fast for the guitars and dont really match up. Thats my opinion, its still a really good album (my favourite for 2006), just would be even better if the sounds of the guitar and drums were married off a little better.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
17.03.2007 - 12:03
L.O.V.E. Machine
Account deleted
I think that in Deicide you see the new influence of guitarist. I think Deicide now with Stench of Redemption are a lot more brutal and heavy than beofore with Hoffman brothers. Don't understand me wrong I mean I love old Deicide like Serpents Of The Light or Once Upon The Cross but I think they are really a lot more tehnical now then before.
18.03.2007 - 00:05
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
^^^ Yeah, plus I think Vital Remains' brutalness rubbed off on Glen lol.
18.03.2007 - 05:48
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I don't think they should have took musicians from Vital Remains because yeah, they band is pretty brutal and would only make Deicide's sound more brutal instead of more focused on memorable, clean death metal riffs and such...man. Deicide needs to reform back to the classic days!
18.03.2007 - 07:47
Mega-Slayer

Well there are pros and cons to the new guitarists,their solos are quite better,but Hoffman Bros. constructed more memorable riffs.Take for instance the main thing the s/t album is lacking is good solos,sorry but they mostly suck excluding one or two.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
18.03.2007 - 22:09
HauntingNazareth
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 16.03.2007 at 20:24

Written by Guest on 15.03.2007 at 18:04

Stench of Redemtion happens to be the only release from theese guys I enjoy... Their older stuff is boring.
Thats the one I'm talking about. I've been listening to Deicide for years... They just seem to have lost something, its still good. But it just seems like somethings missing.
19.03.2007 - 17:46
Sunioj

I just got stench of redemption its fricking awesome and I must say Im very impressed. The album is so much more colorful and melodic then their prior stuff. Maybe not as raw....but the fact of the matter is that I was missing out just thinking that The Stench of Redemption is "just" another deicide album. It stands out.
10.04.2007 - 19:28
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Deicide's guitars have become faster and they have focussed more on blast beats, plus they're more melodic; IMO this is why this album sounds so different than other deicide albums, and anyone expecting something like legion might get dissappointed with it, but I'm surer this dissappointment won't last long, as this album is no less excellent; benton's as brutal as ever, I mean his vocals....
----
23.05.2007 - 10:26
Sunioj

I just bought the self titled album and omfg, its one hell of an album...other than old deicide I have once upon the cross, and the self titled fricking rapes outc. Dead by dawn, Blaspherion, suicide smth. Its just a great album.
23.05.2007 - 13:49
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by Sunioj on 23.05.2007 at 10:26

I just bought the self titled album and omfg, its one hell of an album...other than old deicide I have once upon the cross, and the self titled fricking rapes outc. Dead by dawn, Blaspherion, suicide smth. Its just a great album.

Yeah, thats the early Deicide charm and that album PNWS everything brutally. I mean songs like dead by dawn and Crucifixation are my all time favorite song. and there is a MS user nick as 'Dead By Dawn'

But the new album was the best work by them imo The Stench Of Redemption PWNS all
24.05.2007 - 01:23
Trifixion
Account deleted
I thought TSOR was amazing, and talk about a comeback. They went from the crap they've been releasing for years to such an awesome, fresh sounding album. The new guitarists are clearly the reason for all this, and I think all Deicide needed was a new fresh start all together. Glen was playing with people he was absolutely sick of and vice versa, so they would have went nowhere if the Hoffman's stayed. Jack and Ralph came up with some incredible stuff, especially the solos. Glen actually sounds awesome again, the few records before he sounded like he was doing a chore an sounded like shit. And Steve is ridiculously fast as always.
26.05.2007 - 01:13
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Well, it looks like Ralph Santolla left Deicide. It's really frustrating to hear that, since he played a critical role in Deicide's revitalization, but I guess it is a little exciting to wait and hear who the next guitarist will be. I would like to see one of the Hoffman dudes back, but that's very unlikely.
26.05.2007 - 11:30
Sunioj

Written by Dangerboner on 26.05.2007 at 01:13

Well, it looks like Ralph Santolla left Deicide. It's really frustrating to hear that, since he played a critical role in Deicide's revitalization, but I guess it is a little exciting to wait and hear who the next guitarist will be. I would like to see one of the Hoffman dudes back, but that's very unlikely.

woah that kinda blows, he was an amazing guitarist though...Yeah I wonder how it would sound like if the hoffmans would come back, Im anxious to see the outcome of this.
26.05.2007 - 12:00
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Guest on 16.03.2007 at 20:24

Scars of the Crucifix is also pretty good, if you didn't try it yet, you should try it, it is the only album I can enjoy from them together with "Stench of Redemption". The other albums are just uhm..too much of the same?
23.10.2007 - 17:25
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
A video interview with Jack Owen conducted on October 16, 2007 in Bucharest, Romania (where Owen was on tour with Estuary) has been posted at Metalhead.ro at this location.
23.10.2007 - 22:42
mankvill

I hate Glen Benton's voice.
24.10.2007 - 07:44
juliocb

I can only say this: they're fuckin awesome live =D
----
http://www.ballade.no/nmi.nsf/pic/carpatian_forest_01/$file/carpatian_forest_01.jpg
24.10.2007 - 15:37
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by mankvill on 23.10.2007 at 22:42

I liked it on the elder albums though.
24.10.2007 - 23:49
mankvill

Written by Guest on 24.10.2007 at 15:37

Written by mankvill on 23.10.2007 at 22:42

I liked it on the elder albums though.
I like the music, but Benton's voice is just unpleasantly in the middle for me.