Metal Storm logo
Deicide

Original post

Posted by Hylia, 20.05.2006 - 20:09
Well I didn't find a topic on Deicide yet,one of the most important Death metal bands from Florida.From their self titled album to Scars of the Crucifix,Deicide have shown no sign of slowing down yet and are still one of the best Death metal bands ever.
12.11.2007 - 19:10
Woutjinho
Account deleted
you cant take them seriously because they did some shitty albums later on? LIKE ANY OTHER BAND?
well, like 9 out of 10 bands out there
12.11.2007 - 19:17
bucky01403
Account deleted
I can't take them seriously because of their childish image and lyrics.
12.11.2007 - 19:24
Woutjinho
Account deleted
how ironic to say something's childish when you're 17. we're still young and you have a lot to learn about metal
12.11.2007 - 19:28
Sunioj
Written by Guest on 12.11.2007 at 19:24

how ironic to say something's childish when you're 17. we're still young and you have a lot to learn about metal

Haha, he might as well drop listening to metal in general. Because childish lyrics is all too common in every genre....
12.11.2007 - 19:33
bucky01403
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 12.11.2007 at 19:28

Written by Guest on 12.11.2007 at 19:24

Haha, he might as well drop listening to metal in general. Because childish lyrics is all too common in every genre....

Haha, very true. I'd say thats a bad stereotype, there are metal bands out there with very good lyrics.
12.11.2007 - 19:38
Sunioj
Written by Guest on 12.11.2007 at 19:33

Haha, very true. I'd say thats a bad stereotype, there are metal bands out there with very good lyrics.

True, I was just kiddin alittle so don't take me seriously, lyrics and how serious they are is sometimes relative too. Some people think that Dimmu borgirs lyric's are hard hitting because its anti christian and others see it as utter bial. just an example. Concentrate on the music, sometimes its hard when the lyrics are more decipherable, but in the end you get used to it.
12.11.2007 - 19:41
bucky01403
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 12.11.2007 at 19:38

Written by Guest on 12.11.2007 at 19:33

True, I was just kiddin alittle so don't took me seriously, lyrics and how serious they are is sometimes relative too. Some people think that Dimmu borgirs lyric's are hard hitting because its anti christian and others see it as utter bial. just an example.

It's all a matter of preference in the end.
06.02.2008 - 20:54
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
Earache Records has revealed at this location the cover artwork for Deicide's forthcoming album, entitled "Till Death Do Us Part", tentatively due in April.
06.02.2008 - 21:06
mankvill
GLEN BENTON FOR PRESIDENT!
22.02.2008 - 16:23
NOИ
yep, I love Deicide, and I'm waiting for their new album. the last album was extremely good thanks to new members, they brought some fresh air to the band. by the way, you can check the first track of Till Death Do Us Part album in their profile at myspace.com
29.02.2008 - 23:13
only 4 words to say: Pure Satanism...Love them
----
No-one is closer to the Devil than me
01.03.2008 - 00:33
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by Guest on 12.11.2007 at 19:17

So that would mean all those bands that support satanism and/or anti-christianism are childish and you would'nt be able to take any of them seriously. Then don't go telling me that you can take King Diamond seriously with his uber high pitched voice and his corpse paint. Deicide is a great band and deserve way more respect than someone stating that they have a childish image. (no dislikes for King Diamond anyone, just an argument )
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
01.03.2008 - 19:12
Gabbetheevil
Account deleted
Deicide are a very good band i love the singer and the guitar riffs. Glen Benton (the singer) are with a several bands. He Are best in Deicide
03.03.2008 - 12:14
Deicide has to be one of the best death metal bands ever formed .. one band that has stayed the same over the years
08.03.2008 - 04:19
bucky01403
Account deleted
Written by Visioneerie on 01.03.2008 at 00:33

Written by Guest on 12.11.2007 at 19:17

So that would mean all those bands that support satanism and/or anti-christianism are childish and you would'nt be able to take any of them seriously. Then don't go telling me that you can take King Diamond seriously with his uber high pitched voice and his corpse paint. Deicide is a great band and deserve way more respect than someone stating that they have a childish image. (no dislikes for King Diamond anyone, just an argument )

Apparently I'm the only one who thinks Glen Benton is a shitty lyricist.

They're still a great band, despite the minor flaw.
08.03.2008 - 05:57
NOИ
maybe he is, and also a shitty vocalist. but the man has a satanic attitude, and this is fitting exactly in the way of the death (and maybe black) metal!
08.03.2008 - 06:27
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
He has a loud, low voice and is very articulate, especially when compared to other death metal vocalists, so that's a good death metal vocalist from my point of view.
09.03.2008 - 20:25
bucky01403
Account deleted
One of the best, if not the best. His His harmonized grunts are one of the most evil things I've ever heard, sounds like Satan himself.
11.03.2008 - 18:40
ABUSOR
Account deleted
Huge fan of Deicide.. I'll never forget the first time I heard Once Upon The Cross years back.... I thought to my self this is some Brutal Death Metal and its one of last good era old school Death Metal albums
11.03.2008 - 20:02
Hamird
Lieutenant
i've become a Deicide fan when Jack Owen and Ralph Santolla came to the band... before that i juves listened to a few songs like Scars of Crusifix and When Satan rules his world ... but 2006 album was the best death metal album which i've heard in my life. great guitar was the main reason. i'm happy that Santolla is back to the band for upcoming album. i'm sure that the album is going to be sounds GOOD
09.04.2008 - 23:59
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Glen Benton looks like the kinda guy who eats pizza with a knife and fork. AAAAAHH IT MAKES LESS OF A MESS
20.04.2008 - 09:35
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I read Glen Benton saw sasquatch in a Florida forest and that it has actually been reported as a legit sighting.
----
The force will be with you, always.
22.04.2008 - 13:35
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
yeaaaaaaaaaaaah , the band completely show their name , I pray it
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
17.05.2008 - 20:44
The new album has been leaked for awhile and has been officially released for a few days...but no comments? I personally consider it a step up from Stench, although I didn't really like that album. Although I've only heard it once, I think its overall quality was much closer to Insinerathymn or Scars of the Crucifix, as opposed to my favorite three Deicide albums (S/T, Legion, and Serpents of the Light).
17.05.2008 - 22:55
Sunioj
Didn't think much of the new Deicide album, actually. Will give it another run to see if my opinion has changed.
21.05.2008 - 22:23
immaculate
Account deleted
How does deicide have a childish image and lyrics????
Deicide is the best band of the century.
21.05.2008 - 22:27
TheBigRossowski
Best band of the Century...highly doubtful, young lover of death. You're mistaken with "Secrets of the Moon"-check em' out, alright!

Deicide-Stench of Redemption was a shit ton better than Scars of the Crucifix, but its just not my thing any more. Good addition to the band though, Jack Owens! There was a lot more structure to Stench that Scars as well.

And Glen Benton himself...the guy can do what he wants, HE'S A SATANIST! YEAH! Go Satan!...how cool
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
22.05.2008 - 22:08
immaculate
Account deleted
I thought scars of the crucifix was an amazing album.
And if you dont agree that deicide is amazing then you are clearly in the wrong thread...
25.05.2008 - 19:13
The Soothsayer
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 22.05.2008 at 22:08

I thought scars of the crucifix was an amazing album.
And if you dont agree that deicide is amazing then you are clearly in the wrong thread...

This is not a Deicide appreciation thread. It's a discussion thread, meaning anybody can say what they want, as long as it's meaningful and constructive and they explain why Deicide is good or bad.
26.05.2008 - 03:53
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Am I the only person who thinks Glen's vocals these days totally blow? I mean, the guy had some killer pipes back in the day, but anymore he sounds like an old, poor, muddled mess. Sure, they're brutal, but totally incomprehensible. They do fit the music, but it seems like he doesn't even try to pronounce words anymore. (Not that the words he writes are that great, but damn.)
----
The force will be with you, always.