Metal Storm logo
Mayhem - Debut New Song

Mayhem just premiered the third song off Esoteric Warfare. You can't really complain because the black metal band has shared quite a bit of new material before the album release. Today, the song chosen is "Trinity" and you can click on the Soundcloud player below to listen to it. It should help you wait until May 23rd (May 27th in North America) when Season Of Mist will unleash Esoteric Warfare unto the world. Enjoy!

As for the other songs released so far, you can stream "Psywar" here and "VI.Sec." over here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Mayhem
Posted: 29.04.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 178 users
29.04.2014 - 18:42
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Hellhammer is insane
29.04.2014 - 18:50
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Hellhammer confirms once again that he is one of the best if not the best BM drummers. And damn, this song is much much better than the previous two which were great also. This album will surely kick ass.
29.04.2014 - 20:42
Warman
Erotic Stains
It will probably be a pretty awesome album.
----
29.04.2014 - 21:38
Lonniehaskel

Oh my god, Hellhammer.
29.04.2014 - 23:08
Schnabeltier 24

Oh, this album is getting more and more interesting after each song released.
----
Hey there, tiny wench !
30.04.2014 - 00:40
King Bonzo

Can I just chime in and say I am sick to death of that "I am become death..." sample being used all over heavy metal?

The song incidentally sounds like Mayhem which means I'm buying it.
30.04.2014 - 02:36
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by King Bonzo on 30.04.2014 at 00:40

Can I just chime in and say I am sick to death of that "I am become death..." sample being used all over heavy metal?

I don't so much have a problem with it being used, as it is taken from a pretty interesting text (The Bhagavad Gita), but just in proper context in relation to the quote. Here it feels out of place, like they used it to serve as an intro to the fanatic barrage that follows, and that's not what it's about. It's a Hindu text, essentially the conversation between Krishna and the warrior Arjuna on the eve of a great battle. But Krishna's really divine, as he's an avatar. So eventually, Arjuna asks to see his universal form, this sort of bright fire that seems to burn away everything at the end of existence. When he asks "who are you?" Krishna responds with the quote. So given that context, the spiritual nature of it, I think it'd be a lot better if like a doom or a stoner band used it.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
30.04.2014 - 02:41
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
The air raid siren is a much nicer sample, because air raid sirens are boss. And remind me of Silent Hill.

Good song, though my least favourite of the 3. It's pretty much in the bag that this album is going to slay.
30.04.2014 - 18:58
Migtanteot

Maybe the best song they´ve shared from the new album.
30.04.2014 - 21:42
jeffhayden

Mayhem's new track "Trinity" is premiered yesterday. The groups new album "Esoteric Warfare" is headed towards a June 10th release
01.05.2014 - 14:42
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by jeffhayden on 30.04.2014 at 21:42

Mayhem's new track "Trinity" is premiered yesterday. The groups new album "Esoteric Warfare" is headed towards a June 10th release

You don't say?
----
01.05.2014 - 17:26
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by jeffhayden on 30.04.2014 at 21:42

Totally awaiting for your next posts.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei

Hits total: 3580 | This month: 2