Metal Storm logo
"Inspirational Metal"?

29.04.2014 - 21:12
The Melting Snow

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any songs, instrumentals etc that have an uplifting manner... like something that could be used to motivate a sports team. if any such Metal actually exists...

If so, do refer some bands or albums. I'm usually into Gothic and Doom metal, and there is very little motivation about them

Thanks
29.04.2014 - 21:58
ANGEL REAPER

There are a ton of uplifting ,power infusing metal out there ... lets start with Metallica -Hit The Lights
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
30.04.2014 - 15:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Changes often .. cant say now, now even pussy wont inspirate me on having sex ....
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.05.2014 - 00:48
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Bad English on 30.04.2014 at 15:39

Changes often .. cant say now, now even pussy wont inspirate me on having sex ....

maybe this will inspire you than
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
01.05.2014 - 05:01
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 01.05.2014 at 00:48

"Well, I'll be fucked."
"I wouldn't bet against it."
01.05.2014 - 21:01
Mad Arab666

Written by deadone on 01.05.2014 at 05:26

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 01.05.2014 at 00:48

It's inspired me. Cordless phone here I come. Actually forget the cordless phone, I have an office chair.

I have a cheese grater. Beat that!
----
Bring up the wolves head!
17.10.2014 - 09:50
zohaa

"... Because no great story starts with a salad.."

I want you to share with your fellow Metalstormers your mest memorable moments from metal events! (That was a lot of M's)

Got any cool stories, like "this one time, at bandcamp..." ? Replace bandcamp with festival or concert of course.

When alcohol is consumed, great things tend to happen. And things that are not so great. And bad things too. You get it. Share your story here!
----
zoha
17.10.2014 - 13:49
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
I'm surprised no sporting event has used Judas Priest's One Shot At Glory yet. It seems tailor made for grand final time.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
17.10.2014 - 16:10
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
This thread breaks all the records of off-topicness.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
18.10.2014 - 10:24
Ganondox

Look into the subgenres of power, glam, and melodic metalcore, and you will find a ton.

Yeah, doom and gothic aren't really that upbeat. Some of the more alternative gothic metal (some Lacuna Coil, Evanescence, and Within Temptation) is fairly motivational though.
22.10.2014 - 18:24
EntombedRainfall

I think inspiration is certainly something that is seen through the eye of the beholder instead of being univeral so it's hard to say really. As for me, I generally feel inspired when I listen to albums like Slaughter Of The Soul or Follow The Reaper although the lyrics of such albums are pretty nihilistic and bleak. Then again, the last thing I want in my metal is lovey-dovey, holding-hands nonsense so, in my particular case, the nihilism and existential angst of metal is quite charming and thus inspirational.
14.09.2015 - 10:09
Amy

Metal in general inspires me. I can't place my finger on how or why but I feel really motivated to be all that I can. Metal I'd say has kept me motivated and strong through lots of adversities.
----
\m/
15.09.2015 - 06:25
Guib
Thrash Talker
I find that most metal has that uplifting feel (of course there's exception). Especially Heavy, Power, Thrash and Nu.. yes.. Nu..
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here