Metal Storm logo
Mayhem - Another New Song Streaming Online

Mayhem continue sharing new songs from their new album Esoteric Warfare this week. Today the black metal band premieres "Throne Of Time" and you get to listen to it on the Soundcloud player below. With four new songs unveiled so far, you should have a pretty good idea of what to expect come June 6th in Europe (June 10th in North America) when Season Of Mist releases it. What's your opinion about "Throne Of Time"?

The other songs revealed so far were "Psywar," "VI.Sec" and also "Trinity."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Mayhem
Posted: 12.05.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 161 users
12.05.2014 - 18:51
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
At this rate there won't be any new songs left for when the album comes out!

Another great song anyway. Sounded very Ordo ad Chao-y. Perhaps even more so than the others.
12.05.2014 - 19:10
mz

Excellent song. I think this is my favorite between all singles they've released up to now.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
12.05.2014 - 22:39
Migtanteot

Nah, I prefer "Trinity" but still a good song. Slowly we´re hearing the whole album haha
12.05.2014 - 22:52
Warman
Erotic Stains
Absolutely awesome!
----
12.05.2014 - 22:56
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Pretty decent, although VI.Sec is still my favorite thus far
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
13.05.2014 - 02:27
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
It's always a good sign when no one can agree on what the best song has been (but generally believe they've all been good).

This album is going to get played a lot by me when it comes out. I doubt it'll beat my 6 or 7 consecutive plays when Ordo ad Chao came out but then I didn't have any expectations for that album.
13.05.2014 - 11:22
toxx
Supreme being
This is very Ordo sounding! Me like!
13.05.2014 - 16:36
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Auntie Sahar on 12.05.2014 at 22:56

decent

Bitch, it's more than decent. Probably my favorite track they've released thus far.
13.05.2014 - 16:41
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Alex F on 13.05.2014 at 16:36

Written by Auntie Sahar on 12.05.2014 at 22:56

decent

Bitch, it's more than decent. Probably my favorite track they've released thus far.

"Decent" is pretty much synonymous with "good" for me
Anyway, I don't want to judge too too much just yet, I mean it's not bad by any means, but I'd rather hear the album in full to see whether or not it works as far as positioning amongst the other tracks. That's a skill not a lot of bands can pull off, and personally I love albums with a good flow of sound.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
13.05.2014 - 16:44
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Auntie Sahar on 13.05.2014 at 16:41

"Decent" is pretty much synonymous with "good" for me
Anyway, I don't want to judge too too much just yet, I mean it's not bad by any means, but I'd rather hear the album in full to see whether or not it works as far as positioning amongst the other tracks. That's a skill not a lot of bands can pull off, and personally I love albums with a good flow of sound.

I was mostly kidding, but I agree with your stance on wanting to hear the album in full. I actually find it rather irksome that they keep releasing tracks before the album comes out. I suspect that this (along with most of the albums I love) will be best heard in full rather than in small snippets
13.05.2014 - 16:53
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Alex F on 13.05.2014 at 16:44

I actually find it rather irksome that they keep releasing tracks before the album comes out. I suspect that this (along with most of the albums I love) will be best heard in full rather than in small snippets

I appreciate them for doing it, I guess, but my philosophy is that if you're going to pre-stream tracks before the release date, keep it to one or two. More than that just kinda spoils the surprise, in my opinion. And if you do release some tracks, make sure they don't sound alike, to keep your audience guessing
----

~ II. VII
13.05.2014 - 16:55
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Auntie Sahar on 13.05.2014 at 16:53
And if you do release some tracks, make sure they don't sound alike, to keep your audience guessing

That can be challenging if every song on the album sounds the same.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
13.05.2014 - 16:56
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick

I appreciate them for doing it, I guess, but my philosophy is that if you're going to pre-stream tracks before the release date, keep it to one or two. More than that just kinda spoils the surprise, in my opinion. And if you do release some tracks, make sure they don't sound alike, to keep your audience guessing

Well so far all of the tracks have had apparent (if only slightly so) differences, so I guess we can't really determine how the album will work in full, which is nice. However I have pretty much determined that I will not be disappointed, and can at least be certain that I'll enjoy the album to some extent (probably a great extent).
13.05.2014 - 17:03
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.05.2014 at 16:55

And if you do release some tracks, make sure they don't sound alike, to keep your audience guessing

That can be challenging if every song on the album sounds the same.

I know, I more or less meant if there's a good degree of variety of sound, which with this album there seems to be.
----

~ II. VII
13.05.2014 - 17:07
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Alex F on 13.05.2014 at 16:56

I have pretty much determined that I will not be disappointed, and can at least be certain that I'll enjoy the album to some extent (probably a great extent).

Me as well. I used to be one of those cliche people who didn't listen to any Mayhem past the Euronymous era, but eventually I developed a heterosexual crush on Attila's sexy vocals, and subsequently fell in love with Ordo Ad Chao. So far Esoteric Warfare sounds like it'll be naturally building upon the foundation of OAC, so I think we'll be fairly satisfied with the end result.
----

~ II. VII
15.05.2014 - 05:37
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
When the album gets released, will there be any songs left that haven't been streamed beforehand?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

Hits total: 2898 | This month: 4