Metal Storm logo
Name an album that you will never get tired of

Original post

Posted by Jaeryd, 13.05.2014 - 02:54
So, some people have albums that they've burnt out on from listening to them too much. Others have an album that they thought they enjoyed at first, but after a few listens, they ceased to find it interesting. And then there are those albums that you'll never get tired of. For some reason, they're just awesome every time you give it a spin. Maybe you play it every day, maybe you only play it once a year, but the awesomeness hasn't worn off yet.

Some of you might say that "I don't know if I'll never get tired of an album, 'cause any album that I think I can't get enough of might one day become totally boring to me," which makes sense. If so, just name an album that you've had for a long time and haven't gotten tired of so far.

If you have no specific album to name, you could also name a band or even a song that you haven't gotten tired of yet.

Feel free to describe why you'll never get tired of it, as well.

For me, pretty much all of my 10 ratings and a few of my 9 ratings are albums that I can't seem to get tired of. Chaosphere is one of those off the top of my head... it doesn't sound quite as over-produced as Meshuggah's more recent stuff, nor is it as down-tuned, but at the same time (maybe because of this) it sounds heavier, more hostile, and more abrasive to the ears, which is somehow incredibly addictive. Like a machine of death that just pulls you in and crushes you in its inescapable jaws. Don't think I've gotten tired of it yet. I especially like how the bass sounds like a growling machine/animal hybrid.

EDIT: I suppose that, even though this is in the General Metal forum, the album doesn't necessarily have to be metal.
03.11.2019 - 20:14
All Metal
All of Rhapsody's albums before they changed their name.
04.11.2019 - 05:56
Guib
Thrash Talker
That's a tough one honestly... I mean I've got a list of albums that I love and that I consider my personal classics.
I'm thinking most of those I revisit from time to time and though I sometimes get tired of them, I eventually need to spin it.
I think there might be some that I like more than others... I would need some time to think about that then maybe come
back to the thread with a better answer
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
27.02.2020 - 06:19
Tristania's first two albums.
12.08.2020 - 12:08
KaninStryparn
Walls of jericho
----
Heavy Metal is the law that keeps us all united free
A law that shatters earth and hell
12.08.2020 - 12:23
JoHn Doe
Dream Theater - Awake
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
13.08.2020 - 01:03
sgtrobo
Operation Mindcrime
Unhuman
Elvenefris
Malleus Maleficarum
Buried in Oblivion
Close to a World Below
Storm of the Light's Bane
Painkiller
Rising Force (Malmsteen debut)
Epicus Doomicus Metallicus
Dimension Hatross
Mental Vortex
15.08.2020 - 13:48
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Basically my 10/10s and 9/10s.

Here's a few:

Judas Priest - Painkiller
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Metallica - And Justice For All
Katatonia - Viva Emptiness
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
26.09.2020 - 20:21
Cyanide Sun
Dissection's Reinkaos. Discovered it two years ago and I still love every second of it.
----
Where the bitter winds are singing
For the victims of a longing
26.09.2020 - 23:37
Metal Rasputin
Riot - Thundersteel

There's some magic in this album I can't even describe. Listening to it is like coming home and seeing your family after a long trip somewhere far away, it's so lovely traditional, entertaining and extremely high quality record it will most likely stick with me forever. It has already done that for like 20 years or so, the first listen was enough to get me hooked.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
01.10.2020 - 12:24
majormalfunction
All those records I've given 10/10. I think that's a quality a 10/10 need, they shouldn't feel worn out after years of listeningen to them. That's why I never give a "newly" released record a 10/10, it has to grow into the perfect rating. When looking at the list of all the albums I've given 10/10 all those are records I've spinned countless times and never hestitate to listen once more to.
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands
04.05.2021 - 13:45
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

05.05.2021 - 21:38
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
These are the albums I keep finding myself going back too the most.

1. Painkiller - Judas Priest. A classic that never gets old.

2. Hall Of The Mountain King - Savatage. The Whole album is very enjoyable.

3. Black Hand Inn - Running Wild I Never get tired of those riffs, they always make me want to go crazy.

4. At The Heart Of Winter - Immortal. It's the Quality sound, tempo and guitar work, and melodic riffs, aswel as the dark wintery atmosphere of the album.

5. De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas - Mayhem. I especially like "Freezing Moon", "Life Eternal" and the title track most.

6. Oath Bound - Summoning. I always get lost in the beautiful atmosphere every time I listen to it.

7. Reign In Blood - Slayer. Can be very addictive.

And like somebody mentioned in an earlier post, Tristania's first two albums I Go back to regularly.
06.05.2021 - 22:51
Revelf
Of course power up (AC/DC)
30.09.2021 - 19:50
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Usually my favorite albums depend on the current mood I'm in. However, there are some that I can always listen to and I'll always love:
I can never get enough of Painkiller or Storm of the Light's Bane. Bolt Thrower's The IVth Crusade, For Victory, and Those Once Loyal are also great for any mood I'm in
08.11.2021 - 18:48
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Interestingly enough Spiritual Healing. The last two weeks I've listened to that album every time I commute from the Uni back home. And it doesn't get one bit boring - every listen is just as fresh as the first
25.11.2021 - 22:40
MicMet
Actually, i think it is in the Heavy Metal that there are so many albums that you eill never got tired off, as others already metioned, I think priest and maiden have a lot,
Saxon: Wheels Of Steel , Power and the Glory (I know not every Metalhead like it. I Love it), Unleash the beast, Lionheart, The inner Sanctum...
Nightwish: Oceanborn, Wishmaster...
Helloween: Gambling with the devil, my god given right...
and yes, it depends on the mood of the moment which i prefare...
28.12.2021 - 17:06
ian b
I've got 2 albums I've played at least once a week and have been playing them both since they got released
Slayer reign in blood
Rudimentary peni death Church
10.04.2022 - 06:11
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
I don't know why, but Slayer's Show No Mercy goes really well with typing lab reports in LaTeX
15.04.2022 - 04:29
Swallow the sun - Hope nice doom elegantly.
20.06.2022 - 00:10
Suppernaut
Bathory - Hammerheart
20.06.2022 - 03:07
Maldone
Godspeed You! Black Emperor's first two albums
John Coltrane's A Love Supreme
Blut Aus Nord's The Work Which Transforms God
Nightwish's Oceanborn, Century Child and Dark Passion Play
Front Line Assembly's Tactical Neural Implant
Basil Poledouris' Conan the Barbarian ost
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds' Henry’s Dream
The Cure's Disintegration
Drudkh's Blood In Our Wells
Therion's Lemuria and Sirius B
Thy Catafalque's entire discography
and there are many others
06.07.2022 - 21:08
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
For the past months my favorite albums that I've been listening to very often and am nowhere near getting tired of are (incidentally each from a different genre):

Mercyful Fate - Melissa (heavy)
Lucifer's Fall - III - From The Deep (doom)
Nile - Annihilation Of The Wicked (death)
Slayer - Show No Mercy (thrash)
Emperor - Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk (black)

These are 10/10 albums if ever I've heard any and will most likely stay in my top twenty (if not top ten) all-time favorite albums for a while.
08.07.2022 - 20:16
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
"Just Another Day" By Never Ending Game. "God Forgives..." has been my number one song on Spotify for three years in a row. It is the perfect hardcore album in my eyes. Great riffs and guitar tone, with a few solos and leads mixed into to keep it interesting. Jazz inspired drumming (even some of the songwriting is jazz inspired). Deep lyrics with a powerful vocal delivery. Its a fantastic release.

The only downside is the hideous cover art
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
09.11.2022 - 20:35
TheTrueLHC
Breakdown of Sanity Perception Album !