Metal Storm logo
Equilibrium - New Guitarist Announced, New Video Online

As you may know, Equilibrium have announced two months ago that bassist Sandra van Eldik and guitarist Andreas Völkl left the band. We know now who is going to be the new guitarist of the band. It is Dom R. Crey, also known for his work with Nothgard and Wolfchant. In other news, you can also watch a brand new video clip for the song "Wirtshaus Gaudi" here now and enjoy another new song.

Statement from the band: "Hello dear Equi-community, after the departure of Sandra and Andi we have started to look for musicians, to start the next chapter with us and also the upcoming concerts. At this point we want to thank everyone, for sending us applications - some of them were really good. As of today we can announce that Dom (Dom R. Crey), also known through Nothgard and Wolfchant will be joining in on guitars from now on. We are absolutely proud that we have won our, partly long-term, friend as the latest member of the family! We are totally looking forward to the future with him as part of Equilibrium!"

Statement from Dom: "I am looking forward to the upcoming concerts and the next time, but also to listen to the new masterpiece of the Equi-guys. René has overdone himself with it, in my own opinion, which makes me even more euphoric towards the next gigs. This new and for some rather unusual constellation has no effect on my other bands. I am looking forward to have all the fun in the world with Equilibrium, that have been friends of mine for a while now and also to share this fun with you, dear Equi-Fans."

"Wirtshaus Gaudi" is one of the songs that will appear on the band's next album Erdentempel that will be released on June 6th in Europe and June 10th in North America via Nuclear Blast Records. Check out the song "Karawane" here as well.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Equilibrium
Posted: 23.05.2014 by tibosax

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 159 users
23.05.2014 - 12:38
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Is this the folk answer for Tankard or what? )
23.05.2014 - 13:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ein bier bitte ... german style beer cups 1l , half litrer, made for lagers, schwarzbiers, dunkels, märzen special, majbocks , can drink, kölsh, altbierkellerbiers, rauchbier, as well
bier firts then comes the wenches (if you still can ... )
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.05.2014 - 15:50
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Nice!
23.05.2014 - 19:46
EmeraldSword

I'd go for a stein right about now.
23.05.2014 - 19:54
OtherDoor

I don't like it. Way too many bands in this folky-drinking teritory.
24.05.2014 - 01:27
quirin

The song is far from good enough to make up for this immature video. In my opinion.
24.05.2014 - 14:31
Sword_Chant

I like it! imo it sounds absolutely great! All the other Equilibrium albums are so serious, this one steps away from that, that video is hilarious and it's purpose was clearly for the sense of humour, I think they pulled it off well because it's such an upbeat partying song. Verdict - Can't wait to get this album.
25.05.2014 - 23:26
The Evergreen

I thought the minute plus intro was too much, but I was laughing by the end.
They need darker beer, too... märzen is the LIGHTEST they should go.
26.05.2014 - 08:04
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by Sword_Chant on 24.05.2014 at 14:31

I like it! imo it sounds absolutely great! All the other Equilibrium albums are so serious, this one steps away from that,

Written by OtherDoor on 23.05.2014 at 19:54

I don't like it. Way too many bands in this folky-drinking teritory.

Are we all forgetting that Equilibrium have had drinking songs since their first full length? "Met", it means mead, it's on Turis Fratyr, and the song was on their 2003 demo, which is 11 years ago folks. Bands have been making drinking music for as long as there have been drunk guys wanting to sing, and it's nothing new in metal either.

As for this song, it pales in comparison to anything on that 2003 demo or Turis Fratyr. But they are hardly the same band they were then either.
28.05.2014 - 16:06
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Bad song but funny video....
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
31.05.2014 - 06:51
D.T. Metal

And if someone is interested, they made a behind the scenes video of the video shoot.

Hits total: 3024 | This month: 5