Metal Storm logo
OVENIZER -SWM out April 22nd! Music video online NOW!

26.05.2014 - 18:53
Dynamic trio rising from Tampere, Finland. It took a year for the band to shape it's form at the rehearsal studio and now completed with a bass player,
the band is ready to hit the field. All the necessary information at this point can be found in the bandcamp-site:

OVENIZER in Bandcamp

And the news, for instance about the coming music video and gigs, on the FB-site:

OVENIZER in Facebook

10.06.2014 - 20:26
And here is the debut-video for

Enjoy!

30.06.2014 - 09:12
Ganondox
This is great, there aren't enough melodic post-metal bands around. That song got me subbed.
10.07.2014 - 11:05
Hey thanks, good to hear you liked it! There are some gigs booked in Finland (starting tomorrow!), so in case some finnish dudes/dudettes read this forum,
here are the dates so far:

11.7. O'Hara's Freehouse (Tampere) + Red Kaukasus
24.7. Jack the Rooster (Tampere)
15.8. Baarikaappi (Pori) + TBA
21.8. Club Liberte (Helsinki) + Deviant Compound + Crimsonic

More to come for sure

Events and more information can be found on our FB-site Ovenizer in Facebook

06.08.2014 - 22:50
A couple of reviews for "Exhibition of Thoughts" available! Check 'em out

Lords of Metal 80/100
Global Domination 2/10 <--This one is totally worth reading

06.08.2014 - 23:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
2/10 because they don't like your band name and they didn't even talk about the music. No wonder their site went down the drain.

Nothing mesmerizing, but it's pretty decent stuff. The Lords of Metal review is far more telling even though I'd probably rate it somewhere closer to a 70. Seems like the kind of thing I'd prefer to watch live while blitzed with friends.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.08.2014 - 10:53
Aaaaaaand there is more to come now when the "ketchup bottle" has been opened. Crossfire reviewed
EoT in German language. Google translator gives it a pretty decent translation in English:

"About Ovenizer I really know nothing. In Metal Archives they are not registered and the info sheet is also no reasonable facts here. What I do know is that this is a trio from Finland, which is here psychedelic rocking. On this EP contained three songs that are catchy, rocking and slightly spacey. The opener "Expo" reminds me a little of the "Tuonela" album of their compatriots Amorphis. Again, there are beautiful, memorable lead guitar, easy nöligen clear vocals and lots of hippy atmosphere. Ovenizer play a kind of alternative rock with psychedelic influences, which is difficult to compare, because the song material has a lot of autonomy. In "Hypnote" (which sounds the same as it is called) is sometimes a death metal growler before, but here it goes otherwise be rather spacey. A little slow are the three songs on life, but for a private pressing with independent Mucke is offered here quite decent. Besides Amorphis one might also consult still anathema or Celestial Season as a comparison, but also not really ... I do not know ... On hippie rock from the seventies or even Stonerkram but you should already be, When ye deal with this. Otherwise, it is rather tiring ...

Rating: No Rating
Author: Daniel Müller"
13.08.2014 - 22:28
Giglist updated! Ovenizer will hit Taiwan in September with a four gig minitour. How awesome is that? Over level 9000 awesome we say

15.8. Baarikaappi (Pori) + TBA
21.8. Club Liberte (Helsinki) + Deviant Compound + Crimsonic
7.9. Rock in Taichung -festival
10.9. TCRC -club, Tainan
11.9. Revolver -club, Taipei
13.9. Beastie Rock -festival, Taipei

Past

02.09.2014 - 20:46
Couple more reviews for"Exhibition of Thoughts"; this one in finnish desibeli.net
and this one in spanish subterraneoheavy.com

Giglist also updated! Ovenizer's oriental exploration to Taiwan starts this Friday (September 5th) and after that, there
is yet a couple of gigs in Finland to do in September:

7.9. Rock in Taichung -festival
10.9. TCRC -club, Tainan
11.9. Revolver -club, Taipei
13.9. Beastie Rock -festival, Taipei
26.9. Varjobaari (Tampere) + Ghost Tide + TBA
27.9. Escape (Riihimäki) + Concrete Swine

Past
15.8. Baarikaappi (Pori) + Blind Within
21.8. Semifinal (Helsinki) + Deviant Compound + Crimsonic

17.09.2014 - 21:36
The band is back from Taiwan, great success! Probably the high point for every one of us's musical career, have to admit! This shot was taken right after the last gig in Beastie Rock, Taipei. Maybe next year again... Couple more to do here in Finland before starting to concentrate on the next recording sessions:

26.9. Varjobaari (Tre) + Ghost Tide + Murder Hollow
27.9. Escape (Riihimäki) + Concrete Swine

Menneet:
7.9. Rock in Taichung -festival (Taiwan)
10.9. TCRC -club, Tainan (Taiwan)
11.9. Revolver -club, Taipei (Taiwan)
13.9. Beastie Rock -festival, Taipei (Taiwan)
21.8. Semifinal (Hki) + Deviant Compound + Crimsonic
15.8. Baarikaappi (Pori) + Blind Within
24.7. Jack the Rooster (Tre)
11.7. O'Hara's Freehouse (Tre) + Red Kaukasus
05.10.2014 - 00:18
A quote from the band's Facebook:

"A little update, shall we..? The calendar is empty, only silence and nothingness to look forward to... This attached piece of something flew us all the way to the edge of the world, let's see if there's something similar to look forward to after we take a brief deep breath... zzzzZZZZZzZZZZZzZZZZZ"

https://ovenizer.bandcamp.com/album/exhibition-of-thoughts
16.11.2014 - 21:28
Ovenizer is in studio at the moment working on new songs, which will hopefully end up being the first full length album. Studio diaries also online on the bands youtube-channel! The third episode published today will reveal the secrets of what bands actually do while they are in studio...

Ovenizer studio diary 2014 part 3
15.03.2015 - 20:55
OVENIZER - SWM will be out in April 22th 2015, you can listen the album teaser HERE!
You can also PRE_ORDER the album from Recorshop X (shipping worldwide)!

More info coming soon, gigs, new video etc.
Stay tuned!
Also check Ovenizer out on FACEBOOK

01.04.2015 - 18:58
First REVIEW of the album now online by Metal Addicts!

" The album title, "SWM", is short for the second track off the album, "Satan's Washing Machine". Now me being the moron I am, I couldn't take that seriously and thought that this album was gonna be stupid and I'd laugh at how bad it is and blah, blah, fuckin' blah, I'm dumb. Well with the universe eternally setting out to prove me wrong, Ovenizer's upcoming album is impressive to say in the least because this doom/post metal trio has created an album that made me do that bob of the head along with the beat that we all do every day even if we don't realize it. "SWM" has an awesome variety of vocals all throughout the album that I believe any metal fan can like and enjoy at any time simply because of how good they are alongside the guitars and drums which are just as stunning. This album is solid in every single way and when it drops on April 22nd it will definitely have plenty of people applauding it as I did."

PRE-ORDERING still going strong, there will also be a pre-listening one week before the release
So stay tuned!

09.04.2015 - 23:45
Another review online by Merchants of Air:
merchantsofair.com/reviews/ovenizer-swm

And a bloody nice one, again! I quote:

"When I looked up Ovenizer on the internet, I noticed a review about this record. The writer wasn't too friendly about the artwork and the title, which actually is an abbreviation of 'Satans Washing Machine'. He wondered why a band would come up with something as silly as that. I actually didn't, I remember thinking ''Satans Washing Machine', sounds awesome' and I imagined a lot of things Satan would do if he had a washing machine. On the other hand, what would Satan wash? He only wears a black piece of cloth made from the scrotum of the damned, no?

Now, any self-respecting reviewer would immediately look beyond the cover art and the title. Whoever does this, will find one hell of an album, blending death and doom metal, stoner rock and black metal into a very enjoyable and groovy piece of work. Quite strange for a band that claims to be a post-metal band with 'nordic' influences but pretty amazing nonetheless. Let's just call this groove-metal and headbang ourselves into a coma again, shall we?

The album opens with 'Standing On The Shoulder Of Giant', a very strong song with groovy riffs and alternating melodic vocals and deep growls. Most of the other songs follow the same structure, often reminding me of Amorphis' 'Black Winter Day', combined with some Machine Head influences. Title track 'Satans Washing Machine' might already be one of my favourites this year. 'S&M' rocks damn well but still it leaves me a bit hungry, at this point SWM is a good album but Ovenizer have to show something more to become great.

And damned, do they deliver...

On 'Paddling In The Sky' the blastbeasts suddenly appear, suddenly references of Emperor or Immortal aren't far away. 'S.I.B.' brings Machine Head to mind again and is one hell of a metal track. 'Incubatory' borrows the post-metal elements in the previous songs and becomes an awesome modern melodic metal track. 'Watch' and 'Don't Trust Me, I Know What I'm Doing' close the album in style. I'm not going to give away the brilliant ending. You'll have to find that out for yourselves.

In all, SWM is a pretty amazing melodic metal album, combining some of the best elements from many heavy genres. The amount of variation is startling, even in the excellent use of vocals. Ovenizer might as well become the missiing link between old school and new school metal and that's a real accomplishment. I can only recommend checking this out because it rocks ànd it has a great sense of humour. Basically that's all we need in life, right?

Serge"

There is also a short TRAILER online for the upcoming video, and any day now, the band may announce the European tour dates & venues

15.04.2015 - 13:44
Album pre-listening for the next week online now! Go check it out HERE!!!!

22.04.2015 - 13:14
New video out NOW!!!! Spread it, share, mate it, kill it, feed it -> repeat.

08.05.2015 - 15:02
Next up: East Europe!

15.5. Iasi (Rom) - The Gate Bar 16.5. Iasi (Rom) - The Gate Bar
16.5. Baia Mare (Rom) - Rock'N'Road Pub
17.5. Bacau (Rom) - S-Pub
18.5. Bucharest (Rom) - Question Mark
19.5. Varna (Bul) - Club Smile
20.5. Ruse (Bul) - Metal Legacy Club
21.5. Svishtov (Bul) - Club Disorder
22.5. Nis (Ser) - Black Stage
23.5. Apatin (Ser) - Bermudski Trougao

And a reminder, SWM plus all the older stuff is also available digitally
For example:
iTunes
Spotify
Amazon

12.05.2015 - 14:36
From Friday on, the plan will be:

15.5. Iasi (Rom) - The Gate Bar 16.5. Iasi (Rom) - The Gate Bar
16.5. Bacau (Rom) - S-Pub
17.5. Baia Mare (Rom) - Rock'N'Road Pub
18.5. Bucharest (Rom) - Question Mark
19.5. Varna (Bul) - Club Smile
20.5. Ruse (Bul) - Metal Legacy Club
21.5. Svishtov (Bul) - Club Disorder
22.5. Nis (Ser) - Black Stage
23.5. Apatin (Ser) - Bermudski Trougao

Note that differing from the original schedule, Bacau and Baia Mare have changed places

Besides records, Ovenizer will now also have T-shirts on sale! Oh boy oh boy oh boy