Metal Storm logo
Opeth - Unveil New Album Cover Art

Opeth have finally revealed today the album artwork of Pale Communion, their anticipated new release. It was once again created by Travis Smith with art direction by Mikael Åkerfeldt. The album was pushed back to August 26th and the pre-orders will be up on Roadrunner's web store and on Opeth's official merch store next week, June 3rd. As of now, you can take a look at the album cover right here. Do you like it?

Tracklist:

01. Eternal Rains Will Come
02. Cusp Of Eternity
03. Moon Above, Sun Below
04. Elysian Woes
05. Goblin
06. River
07. Voice Of Treason
08. Faith in Others

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Opeth
Posted: 27.05.2014 by BloodTears

Comments page 3 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 72   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 661 users
29.05.2014 - 00:10
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by deadone on 28.05.2014 at 09:05

A link to new track would be good guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xz_kJdntjI

Not a bad little ditty. I wish the guitars were a bit more prominent and raw and not so compressed sounding.

I like the cover too.

It probably sounds compressed because it's a leaked (read: low quality) file and uploaded to youtube.
----
29.05.2014 - 00:12
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
The versions I've heard certainly weren't compressed. The production's rather well done actually; lots of little detailing and nicely mixed drums.
29.05.2014 - 02:08
Lehctim

Written by b0sse on 28.05.2014 at 20:25

Yeah, those too. So overrated.

What was that about bleeding pussies??
30.05.2014 - 11:00
maged918

Terrible, terrible artwork.
30.05.2014 - 22:00
waynebrutiful

Written by 3rdWorld on 28.05.2014 at 08:35

Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.05.2014 at 07:15

You must not read up on the latest Opeth news. Akerfeldt has stated numerous times the reason for the direction they've taken.

True. I have stopped following opeth news but just checked out the track to know how their sound has become after Heritage. The only latest news I've read about them is when he said that if Heritage resmebled 70'd prog rock this one would is be in the style of 80's hard rock. And since they've announced this won't contain no harsh vocals, I lost interest to read their interviews to further hear their justifications for the change and will just check out record when it's out.

I'm actually kind of stoked to hear some cleans. I'm an old school Opeth fan, but I actually enjoyed "watershed" for what it was...the band's progression. I'm loving the art and looking forward to adding this to my collection.
30.05.2014 - 23:42
Opethian

I fear for Opeth. I hate to say it but im afraid that a lot of people are going to Pirate the shit out of their new album and sales will take a big hit ...
31.05.2014 - 01:26
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Opethian on 30.05.2014 at 23:42

I fear for Opeth. I hate to say it but im afraid that a lot of people are going to Pirate the shit out of their new album and sales will take a big hit ...

Not really any different for any other band. Besides, Opeth don't strike me as a band short a few quid. I'm sure they'll do just fine.
31.05.2014 - 04:05
b0sse

Written by erat on 29.05.2014 at 19:40

IQ level of this comment: "0"

lol, butthurt much?
31.05.2014 - 10:33
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by Guest on 31.05.2014 at 01:26

Not really any different for any other band. Besides, Opeth don't strike me as a band short a few quid. I'm sure they'll do just fine.

Yeah, I think bands have come to terms with the new world and try to capitalise in other ways to ensure a revenue stream to compensate for the loss of album sales due to illegal downloads or file sharing. They make money touring and selling merchandise and probably in other ways that I don't know about.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
04.06.2014 - 23:24
Erik M.

Let's face it: this cover art sucks.
04.06.2014 - 23:27
Erik M.

Yeah, I'm going with what Joe said. Being concerned about a band like Opeth doing well financially is very silly, no offence.
21.06.2014 - 20:21
Soulhole

I am bummed that Opeth has "changed directions" with their latest albums (not adding the heavy guitars, growls, etc.) but Opeth has been changing directions since Orchid. I just keep thinking that fans of their old sound, like me, have eight heavy albums we can still listen to. That's a lot of Opeth for me, and it never gets old. So what if there is a couple different sounding albums? They all sound different to me. I even really like Damnation (all clean songs). I guess there wasn't much complaint with that album since it was quickly followed by Deliverance. I guess the point I'm trying to make is I'm not disappointed with the new stuff because I still have all the old stuff in my collection.

P.S. I personally don't like the artwork, and agree with some that the third painting should be used as the main cover art.

Hits total: 6534 | This month: 11