Metal Storm logo
Arch Enemy - Premiere New Video

Currently touring in Europe, Arch Enemy have just premiered a brand new video today. It is for the track "You Will Know My Name" and the clip was once again directed by the band's long time friend and collaborator Patric Ullaeus. You can watch the video right now below and don't forget to tell us your impressions about it.

For other examples of the new material, you can still listen to "War Eternal" here and "As The Pages Burn" over here. As for the official album release date, it is set for June 9th in Europe and June 10th in North America on Century Media Records. The album is the first to feature new guitarist Nick Cordle and vocalist Alissa White-Gluz.

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Arch Enemy
Posted: 27.05.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 251 users
27.05.2014 - 21:34
ScottyM

Written by Irritable Ted on 27.05.2014 at 20:51

Three videos and the album isn't even out yet. They are really promoting this one. Its the first stuff of theirs I have liked since Anthems. Sounds more power metal (which to me is a good thing, probably not so good to others).

Compared to the amount of social media promotion that they did for their last album, this has been quite mild. They pretty much decided that for Khaos Legions that they'd make up your mind for you and declare the album the "revolution that Pure %&$#ing Metal deserves" (being how they wanted to be all edgy and dub such a term their slogan), only to disappoint the masses and leave fans asking "Who do I have to suck off to regress back to how it used to be?".

That said, holy crap did they distort the hell out of Alissa's voice!! This has to be one of their most blatant anti-"Pure %&$#ing Metal" songs that they've attempted. Oddly enough, after their last flop of an album, I'm perfectly accepting of this change. I like the emphasis on the guitar work. It would appear that they're attempting to play off their strengths, and thus far, I haven't been disappointed.

EDIT: after listening to it a few times through, I'm picking up a lot of subtle melodic undertones that I don't hear in their previous works. There's a lot of orchestration (likely just keyboards) that backs up the guitars and it really does add a level of depth that you don't often get too much from Arch Enemy.
28.05.2014 - 02:40
crucifiedjesus

So not great!! continues to baffle me that Amott would choose this over carcass
28.05.2014 - 05:20
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
The intro made me think they've finally made a new and original song, then the verse hit and nope, this is just another recycled watered down AE track.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
28.05.2014 - 11:18
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Yes, I think this one is pretty weak compared to the other songs released.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
28.05.2014 - 11:33
hidden_ninja

Blocked by GEMA in Germany....
28.05.2014 - 11:41
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by hidden_ninja on 28.05.2014 at 11:33

Blocked by GEMA in Germany....

Try here.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
28.05.2014 - 11:45
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
I like it. Not as good as the previous one, but still far better than what was on KL.
28.05.2014 - 15:52
Sword_Chant

It's pretty good. 'As The Pages Burn' is my favourite track so far. I agree with everyone else, it starts off very interesting, then once the chorus arrives it's very much typical AE fashion we've heard since Doomsday Machine album. Not a bad song though - I like the guitar work. Beats most of the KL songs.
29.05.2014 - 07:49
Uller

Didn't like the the new song or the voice, but I'll hit her with the power of thousand suns
----
01.06.2014 - 11:31
Stunning Cactus

They are definitely going for a more mainstream melodic death metal and shying away from that thrashy Gothenburg style they used to encompass. I don't know if I like it that much yet. Not as much as early Angela stuff, of course, but this different style seems to fit Alissa quite nicely.

Hits total: 3386 | This month: 2