Metal Storm logo
Carach Angren - To Record New Album In June

Dutch black metallers Carach Angren are currently putting the finishing touches to the pre-production of their upcoming fourth full-length, of which the title and release date are yet to be unveiled. The band will enter Tidalwave Studio on June 10th to record the album together with Patrick Damiani (Falkenbach, Rome, Umbra Et Imago). The follow-up to 2012's Where The Corpses Sink Forever will be mixed by acclaimed producer Peter Tägtgren.

The band issued the following statement: "Our writing process is finally reaching its end and we are very excited to once again enter Tidal Wave Studio to record our fourth full length concept album. We are very much looking forward to work with our long time partner in crime Patrick Damiani, and, for the first time, with Peter Tägtgren. We can't wait to present this monster to our fans. This will by far be the most gruesome album we have ever done -- yet!"

Courtesy of the band's Facebook page

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Carach Angren
Posted: 28.05.2014 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 74 users
28.05.2014 - 20:10
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Nice news. The last album was good, not as great as the previous two. I do hope these guys get in shape again.
28.05.2014 - 21:33
visiblenoise

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 28.05.2014 at 20:10

Nice news. The last album was good, not as great as the previous two. I do hope these guys get in shape again.

I agree. The last album still had a few moments, but it seemed to lack flow, even within songs. But what keeps me interested in them is their emphasis on symphonic textures, unlike a lot of symphonic black metal where the symphonic elements might sound really ornate, but are ultimately still just supporting the metal section.
28.05.2014 - 21:37
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Stoked, agree the last album is probly my least fave of theirs but I still thought it was a good album. Hoping they go back in time with the theme again though.
----
pewpew.. gotcha

Hits total: 2329 | This month: 7