Metal Storm logo
Amon Amarth - N. American Tour With Sabaton & Skeletonwitch

And now for some more tour news. The Swedes Amon Amarth will return to North America this fall. This time around, the band will bring fellow Swedes Sabaton along for the ride. Additionally, Skeletonwitch will once again be opening the shows, except in New York where fans will be treated to the first ever, and exclusive North American performance by extreme metal group Vallenfyre.

In February of this year, fans in Los Angeles were treated to an exclusive appearance of the Viking ship stage set up. For this tour, New York fans will bear witness to the Viking ship spectacle at the Best Buy Theatre on October 18th.

Amon Amarth expresses their excitement: "Yes, we are coming back to North America, and this time we're doing Canada and the US together with our friends in Sabaton and Skeletonwitch! We can also announce that we'll be bring the Viking ship to the show in New York City! So get ready North America, this time we'll take no prisoners!"

* The New York City show will be part of the Decibel Magazine 10th anniversary celebrations. On October 18th, Decibel is taking Manhattan (and Brooklyn) with two exclusive concerts. First at Best Buy Theater in Times Square: Amon Amarth, Sabaton and Vallenfyre (making their first stateside appearance at this show). Afterwards, in Brooklyn, Skeletonwitch and Evoken will headline Greenpoint's preeminent live metal destination, Saint Vitus Bar (with another special guest soon to be announced).

Amon Amarth with Sabaton, Skeletonwitch:

09/25 - Riverside, CA, Riverside Municipal Auditorium
09/26 - Santa Cruz, CA, The Catalyst
09/27 - Sacramento, CA, Ace of Spades
09/29 - Portland, OR, Wonder Ballroom
09/30 - Seattle, WA, El Corazon
10/01 - Vancouver, BC, Commodore Ballroom
10/03 - Edmonton, AB, Union Hall
10/04 - Calgary, AB, Flames Central
10/05 - Saskatoon, SK, Louis' Pub
10/06 - Winnipeg, MB, The Garrick
10/07 - Thunder Bay, ON, Crocks
10/10 - Toronto, ON, The Sound Academy
10/11 - Montreal, QC, Metropolis
10/12 - Quebec City, QC, Imperial
10/14 - Burlington, VT, Higher Ground
10/15 - Hartford, CT, Webster Theatre
10/17 - Albany, NY, Upstate Concert Hall
10/18 - New York, NY, Best Buy Theatre *no Skeletonwitch
10/19 - Columbus, OH, Newport Music Hall
10/21 - Chattanooga, TN, Track 29
10/22 - Knoxville, TN, Bijou Theater
10/24 - Charlotte, NC, The Fillmore
10/25 - Jacksonville, FL, Freebird
10/26 - Birmingham, AL, Iron City
10/27 - New Orleans, LA, The Civic
10/29 - St. Louis, MO, The Pageant
10/30 - Joliet, IL, Mojoes
10/31 - Detroit, MI, Royal Oak
11/01 - Milwaukee, WI, The Rave
11/02 - Des Moines, IA, Wooly's
11/04 - Lincoln, NE, Bourbon Street
11/05 - Oklahoma City, OK, Diamond Ballroom
11/07 - Austin, TX, Fun Fun Fun Fest
11/08 - El Paso, TX, Tricky Falls
11/09 - Tucson, AZ, Club XS

Source: metalblade.com
Band profile: Amon Amarth
Event: Amon Amarth: Deceiver Of The God North American Tour 2014
Posted: 29.05.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 131 users
29.05.2014 - 13:28
BrianStorm
Playing Oklahoma for the first time since 09. Will be there!
29.05.2014 - 16:35
BlueMobius
Account deleted
It looks like they are playing some the cities that see tours less often. I might have to head up to Chattanooga for that date.
29.05.2014 - 16:37
BrianStorm
Written by Guest on 29.05.2014 at 16:35

It looks like they are playing some the cities that see tours less often...

I have this theory that you know a band has made it if they're playing in places like Oklahoma; because if they're playing there, it means they don't have to be too picky about where they play. XD

I've also seen both Skeletonwitch and Sabaton live, so it's nice to know that I'll enjoy all the bands playing.
29.05.2014 - 16:45
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by BrianStorm on 29.05.2014 at 16:37

I've also seen both Skeletonwitch and Sabaton live, so it's nice to know that I'll enjoy all the bands playing.

Yeah, I've seen both support bands before as well. Skeletonwitch is one of my favorite live bands. I've been meaning to catch Amon Amarth for a while, but I have been busy with something else every time they come through.
29.05.2014 - 18:40
DES MOINES FINALLY!!!
----
Follow your heart, not trends.
29.05.2014 - 20:57
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
09/26 - Santa Cruz, CA, The Catalyst

WTF where i live, this never happens.. Looks like I may be going to my first concert in my hometown lol.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
30.05.2014 - 09:39
Necrodamus
Saw them in Philly earlier this year (with Enslaved instead of Sabaton) and it was a great show. No Philly date this time around but at least other cities get to have a turn.
31.05.2014 - 04:31
Lehctim
Skeletonwitch is from Ohio and they cant play a frign show in Pittsburgh? Lame

Hits total: 2626 | This month: 7