‹‹ Back to the General metal forum Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]
Users visited: 612  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by on 26.01.2007 at 14:44
Well, I've been looking in the forum, but I couldn't find a topic like this one. Now that I finally got my 100 posts, I can create it . (Hope it wont be locked or deleted though).

I'd like to know when you guys have started to like metal. I think it reveals many things about people's personality, as in my opinion, Metal is not a kind of music you can listen to "by chance". I think there is a kind of... evolution, which eventually makes you listen to this music.

Personally, I started being into Metal only 3 years ago, in 2003, (which is kinda late,) thanks to Rammstein, I was about 14, but even then, I was more into Industrial and Rock. Even if I've been raised with a big brother who used to listen to classic Metal bands such as Iron Maiden and Metallica for instance, I've never thought I would regard myself as a "metalhead" one day.

I guess I wasn't mature enough to understand what Metal could really mean. But we all grow up. I've never really had a "happy" life, and I found in Metal things that helped me much. There were feelings I couldn't name, and Metal enabled me to understand more things about my own life and about people in general.
I think I wouldn't have started listening to this kind of music if I wasn't forced to leave the place I had been living in for years, for the second time. That special event, when I had to move and leave everything behind, made me start listening to Metal. And now i know i cant live without it.

Its your turn now , I'd like to know how and when you started listening to Metal. It might be really interesting I think, and I'm sure there is a lot to say .

Page 16 of 16

__Mailman

15.09.2016 at 04:13
I never got into metal until a year ago when I picked up my first Sabbath album. However, I unknowingly listened to metal before that. When I was in about 5th grade or so, I listened to a band called Cryoshell because they wrote music for the Bionicle Lego series. It's really great music and I still listen to it today. It's funny now that I think of it: I went to a very conservative Christian grade school in 5th grade and they preached that heavy metal was Satanic. If I knew what I was listening to back then, I would've freaked. But after Cryoshell, I got into Queen and other classic rock bands. Then in my freshman year of high school I got into rap (those were confusing times). I got back into classic rock later in my sophomore year and then got into metal towards the end.
no one

15.09.2016 at 09:36
Jeez americans like to talk
----
nobody
Paz
.--. .- --..

15.09.2016 at 10:06
Written by no one on 15.09.2016 at 09:36

Jeez americans like to talk

Do you mean his triple copy-paste post?
Uziel

07.10.2016 at 03:33
Written by ouion on 29.03.2016 at 01:05

My journey to metal begins when I listen to varieties of music, but I will only name a few: Classical, Rock, pop, dub-step, electronic, and yes little bits of Heavy Metal. For me, I love heavy and complex music. Before I listen to metal, I mostly listen to some obscure musicians and bands. As some point in my life, I decided pop was very catchy and simple. In School, I join band and play a instrument. In band, I learned how music works and I love the music which the band plays. It sounded very complex, heavy, and epic. As with me a Judging person. I once declared if the music sounds good on my terms, then its the music I will listen to. My Friend grew up with metal, but he only listens to the big four thrash metal bands. First, my introduction to metal was by my friend. I didn't like metal at first( by the way, he made me listen to Metallica). My official introduction to metal was by listening to a Symphonic Gothic Metal band called Xandria, the First songs I listen to was Ravenheart and Eversleeping(I listen to some Therion back before my friend made me listen to Metallica). As with me, I love heavy and dark music. I begin listening to Xandria and some other Symphonic Metal and Gothic Metal bands. I quickly expanded to Power metal, Thrash Metal, Death Metal, Doom Metal, Progressive Metal, Alternative Metal. I told my friend about this, and I almost can see him hanging his head in shame over the diversity of metal, I listen to. He then said, he listens to "Soft Metal". I am now happy with metal and this is what music I was searching for. Now, I really want to play a Electric Guitar!

Bands and Genres I listen to

Symphonic Metal and Gothic Metal:

Xandria
Nightwish
Tiamat
Sirenia
Paradise Lost
Therion
Tristania
Lacuna Coil

Power Metal:
Primal Fear
Sonata Arctica

Thrash Metal:
Megadeth

Heavy Metal:
Black Sabbath

Death Metal:

Omnium Gatherum
Morbid Angel

Progressive Metal:

Toothgrinder(this band combines a little bit of metalcore)

I invite you to check out the band called Dark Letter (http://darkletter.pl)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8XSkqtcFKiV15fUtqms-Bw/videos
https://www.facebook.com/darkletter
s_t_s

10.10.2016 at 14:10
Written by Uziel on 07.10.2016 at 03:33

Death Metal:

Omnium Gatherum
Morbid Angel

What ? You call Omnium Gatherum death metal ? Come on it's melodeath like insomnium or Dark Tranquillity
RTE_CAGE

17.10.2016 at 20:08
Since 12. First time I've listend to GnR.
tominator

20.10.2016 at 19:50
Probably when I was about 10. The band that brought me into metal was Rammstein.
Alondate

27.10.2016 at 12:01
In 2008 when I heard Hypocrisy and then Pain. Basically, Peter Tagtgren got me into metal scene
radicalchange93

08.11.2016 at 01:02
For me it was about 5 years ago I would say. I stumbled upon an AMV that happen to have Iron Maiden's 'Hallowed Be Thy Name' playing. I ended up digging through their discography and have loved metal ever since then.
----

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]

Login or register to post here.