Metal Storm logo
Opeth - Premiere New Single

Opeth have officially premiered their brand new single today. This is the first taste you'll have of their forthcoming new album Pale Communion. The album pre-orders begin tomorrow. For now, you can listen to "Cusp Of Eternity" streaming at this location. Enjoy it, take it all in and then give us your impressions about it.

Pale Communion will come out on August 26th via Roadrunner Records.

Artwork by Travis Smith

Tracklist:

01. Eternal Rains Will Come
02. Cusp Of Eternity
03. Moon Above, Sun Below
04. Elysian Woes
05. Goblin
06. River
07. Voice Of Treason
08. Faith in Others

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Opeth
Posted: 02.06.2014 by BloodTears

Comments page 3 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 71   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 529 users
04.06.2014 - 14:35
mz

Written by seafood on 02.06.2014 at 23:36

I love how that review is still being referenced.

The good thing is that the guy took my words seriously
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
04.06.2014 - 23:36
Erik M.

Good song. If the whole album is like this song quality-wise it'll be better than Heritage... and still inferior to pretty much every other Opeth album released so far.
04.06.2014 - 23:37
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Erik M. on 04.06.2014 at 23:36

Good song. If the whole album is like this song quality-wise it'll be better than Heritage... and still inferior to pretty much every other Opeth album.

I just heard the new leaked one and it's miles below the quality of this release. Boring build up, iffy vocals and generally quite filler-y. I was excited after the first track but the new one has deflated my expectations somewhat.
05.06.2014 - 00:30
Michaelgpc

Oh oh, it sounds like Akerfeldt is continuing with the whole retro thing. This item sounds like a mish mash of Led Zeppelin and other proggy bands from the 70s. And just like Heritage, this style of music exposes Akerfeldt's vocals as pretty weak to my ears. It doesn't augur well...
05.06.2014 - 11:55
maged918

Not bad to be honest.
05.06.2014 - 16:48
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
*cough cough*

06.06.2014 - 23:01
Erik M.

Written by Guest on 04.06.2014 at 23:37

I just heard the new leaked one and it's miles below the quality of this release. Boring build up, iffy vocals and generally quite filler-y. I was excited after the first track but the new one has deflated my expectations somewhat.

Just listened to it. Couldn't find it yesterday when I read it was leaked. I agree that Cusp of Eternity is a lot better and even that one didn't amaze me by any means. Yeah, this one was pretty boring and generic sounding. Aren't progressive bands supposed to be, you know, progressive? All Opeth is now is a shadow of their own selves, back when they made brilliant progressive metal instead of generic boring progressive rock. I'm going to judge the album when I've fully heard it, but so far I'm very underwhelmed, especially by Eternal Rains Will Come. I'm amazed by the fact that everyone in the comments (Youtube) seems to love it. Blind fanboys, maybe?
06.06.2014 - 23:04
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Erik M. on 06.06.2014 at 23:01

Just listened to it. Couldn't find it yesterday when I read it was leaked. I agree that Cusp of Eternity is a lot better and even that one didn't amaze me by any means. Yeah, this one was pretty boring and generic sounding. Aren't progressive bands supposed to be, you know, progressive? All Opeth is now is a shadow of their own selves, back when they made brilliant progressive metal instead of generic boring progressive rock. I'm going to judge the album when I've fully heard it, but so far I'm very underwhelmed, especially by Eternal Rains Will Come. I'm amazed by the fact that everyone in the comments (Youtube) seems to love it. Blind fanboys, maybe?

I think Opeth fanboys just want something that sounds complicated, regardless of whether or not it's good. I'd be happy with a straightforward album if it had some nice melodies and a bit of atmosphere ( )
06.06.2014 - 23:04
Erik M.

Written by Michaelgpc on 05.06.2014 at 00:30

Oh oh, it sounds like Akerfeldt is continuing with the whole retro thing. This item sounds like a mish mash of Led Zeppelin and other proggy bands from the 70s. And just like Heritage, this style of music exposes Akerfeldt's vocals as pretty weak to my ears. It doesn't augur well...

100% agreed. His vocals surely sound boring and generic now. Not saying he necessarily needs to do growls (though that would surely be a good thing), but I can't help but feel no emotion has gone into the vocals. Yes, the word "boring" suits his vocals best I'd say.
06.06.2014 - 23:09
Erik M.

Written by Guest on 06.06.2014 at 23:04

I think Opeth fanboys just want something that sounds complicated, regardless of whether or not it's good. I'd be happy with a straightforward album if it had some nice melodies and a bit of atmosphere ( )

I don't know... for me Watershed marked the beginning of their regression. Great album without a doubt, but still one of my least favourites (see my best to worst list ). For some reason their music isn't really clicking with me like all their previous albums did. No matter how bad Opeth becomes, I'll always love almost all of their records. They're all special to me as they remind me of certain periods when I listened to them (past 9 years, as I discovered them in 2005 and also saw them live in 013 back then with their Ghost Reveries tour... seeing/hearing The Baying of the Hounds is something I'll never forgot).
08.06.2014 - 11:43
Jeeers

Total borefest.

Hits total: 6012 | This month: 5