Metal Storm logo
Truckfighters

03.06.2014 - 17:47
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Rather than write you a long introduction trying to convince you to listen to one of my favorite bands, I'll steal Wikipedia's description of the band which does them far more justice than I ever could.

"Truckfighters is a rock band from Sweden." (Source)

And here are some songs that you should like if you want to be my friend.

They also have a new album out.

And I'm going to see them live for my birthday at an ax-throwing venue/gun range. So there's that.

For fans of: stoner rock, Kyuss, good music
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.06.2014 - 18:08
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Aaaaaaaaw yeah these guys are the tits. I saw them live opening for Kverletak and that's when I discovered them. They fucked killed me!
Fantastic live band I gotta say. All three guys put so much energy into their set and mvoe around a lot.

I remember I was blasting this song for a week after watching them... What a way to open an album.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
03.06.2014 - 18:18
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Catchy fuzzy stoner riffs at their finest. GravX in its entirety is perfect, I wish they'd just play the whole thing for their next show but they'll probably play a bunch of songs from the new album - which is unfortunately my least favorite of the bunch but I'd rather see them play an album I don't like as much than not see them play anything at all.

And good to hear some positive feedback about their live show. Kvelertak is another band I'd kill to see live (and one I missed out on about a month or so ago as mentioned earlier to Joe for the simple reason I forgot).
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.06.2014 - 18:58
Mattybu

My stoner-music exposure goes about as far as a Kyuss song in Guitar Hero Metallica and a Barn Burner CD I bought 3 years ago.

Nevertheless I can't say I disliked that stuff and "catchy fuzzy stoner riffs at their finest" sounds good to me. Since I have limited YT access I'm gonna save my first hearing of these guys for the live setting.

And yeah if they just put a new album out, they will probably be playing a pretty high dose of that stuff. Which is probably what made the "Heritage Hunter" tour featuring Opeth and Mastodon 2 years ago largely a boring time. Luckily both Opeth and Mastodon played a few of their good songs each and Ghost saved the day by knocking my socks off with their opener.
09.06.2014 - 11:49
raveneffect

Universe is one of the best Albums in Rock so far. I often say Music isnt a competition but these boys bring the world of shame on QOTSA of how to do proper Stoner. Great band
14.06.2014 - 02:26
mz

Ha I love their name and listened to one song partially and it was indeed damn fine. Should follow them better
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
16.06.2014 - 04:54
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I can now officially confirm that these guys are absolutely amazing live. Their stage presence is immense. Dango's basically the Angus Young of stoner rock, and they have a great time involving the crowd in their shows as much as possible.
----
16.06.2014 - 21:09
Mattybu

Double confirmed, definitely a very good live band.

I agree to an extent with Raven also, Universe kicks ass. Sort of by default my album of the year so far, being one of only 2 things I have listened to from 2014, but I'm sure it'll stay up there even when I hear more.
17.06.2014 - 02:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
A fun band but has been done to death by a gazzliion band before.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.06.2014 - 03:44
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Come on Marcel, you think everything has been done to death by a gazillion bands.
----
17.06.2014 - 11:54
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
It is unoriginal, but few stoner bands bring their game as well as Truckfighters. That's for damn sure.
----
Rod, let me love you.
20.06.2014 - 20:29
Mattybu

Universe has been involved in my sleepy times music listening for like 3 or 4 days in a row and I gotta say, it's just getting better and better. Might even chisel a spot into the regular bedtime rotation, and considering how many albums have held that, that's not an easy thing to do.

It's one of those albums that doesn't try to do too much, and just has really sound and effective songwriting, but is also detailed at times to keep it interesting. There's just a perfect fuzz level on it for me also, which helps to make it somewhat relaxing, hence my listening to it before bed. It's a good length too. I think I will definitely be exploring this band's discography a bit more, in time.
01.07.2014 - 22:05
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
This guys are just so fun live. I want to see them again. One time isn't enough.
Really good HD video of one of my favorite tracks by these guys.

----
Rod, let me love you.
01.07.2014 - 22:58
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I saw them share that on their FB page earlier and already watched it three times. Hopefully they make it back to Canada on a tour at some point, they put on a great show.
----