Metal Storm logo
Gwar - Dave Brockie Died Of Accidental Heroin Overdose

The official cause of death of Gwar's frontman Dave Brockie (Oderus Urungus) has been revealed. He passed away in March but the actual cause of his death was not confirmed at the time. WTVR now reports that the Virginia State Medical Examiner's Office confirms he died of an accidental heroin overdose.

The Medical Examiner's official cause of death: acute heroin toxicity, means: accident. Brockie, was found unresponsive by his roommate in his North Richmond home on March 23rd. Responding police investigators found evidence of heroin use, but the cause of death wasn't finalized until toxicology tests were completed.

Meanwhile, Lamb Of God's frontman Randy Blythe, a friend of Dave Brockie, posted a message on his Instagram about this: "Here's me with Dave Brockie & Brad Roberts of Gwar in 2006. Brad & I are still here, but Dave is gone - accidental heroin overdose, as many of you heard today. Not that it really matters, because dead is dead, but I don't think Brockie was a stone cold junkie when he died - he couldn't have done all that he did if he was strung out. He partied hard at periods, but I think he was more of a drug dabbler. But there's a lesson here - dabbling with drugs kills people dead every day, just like being fully addicted does. I am so fucking sick of my friends dying from alcohol & drugs. Really, really, tired of it - some of them die slow in the throes of addiction, & some of them die after just doing something stupid one night after a party. Some if them fuck around and fuck around and fuck around...'I'll get sober one day...' For most of them, that day comes for sure - when we put them in a casket. It's better to be alive when you get sober."

He continues: "Wake up. Get help. Stop. Please, I'm fucking begging you. You can do it. Please please please get some help. If I can do it, anyone can, because I was a total wreck for years. Just get some help, goddamn it. And if you haven't started, don't. Just don't. There is nothing cool about being an alcoholic, a drug addict, or dead. Trust me. For the love of God, just don't start. Please."

A special memorial event will be held free to the public only on August 15th, 2014 at Hadad's Lake in Richmond, Virginia in celebration of the life of Dave Brockie.

Source: wtvr.com
Band profile: Gwar
Posted: 04.06.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 149 users
04.06.2014 - 14:24
Orangutoad
Low-life douche
RIP bro...you will be sorely missed. As always, I will continue rocking out to GWAR.
04.06.2014 - 14:59
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Geez... I just can remember how many died of drug overdose... RIP
04.06.2014 - 16:29
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Seriously, smack. why do people even try that shit? I can understand if you're on the streets with nothing to live for but using it as a party drug is just stupid. There are so many safer recreational drugs available.

Oh well, RIP.
04.06.2014 - 17:14
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Guest on 04.06.2014 at 16:29

Seriously, smack. why do people even try that shit? I can understand if you're on the streets with nothing to live for but using it as a party drug is just stupid. There are so many safer recreational drugs available.

Oh well, RIP.

Sounds like the "cool-uncle-who-introduces-his-nephews-to-recreational-drugs-and-gives-them-his-old-penthouses-under-the-table" kind of advice.
04.06.2014 - 17:16
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Ilham on 04.06.2014 at 17:14

Sounds like the "cool-uncle-who-introduces-his-nephews-to-recreational-drugs-and-gives-them-his-old-penthouses-under-the-table" kind of advice.

Paha, probably. There are so many great drugs in the world. Might as well educate people on the good and safe ones instead of being all "Drugs are bad mmkay."
04.06.2014 - 17:18
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Guest on 04.06.2014 at 17:16

Paha, probably. There are so many great drugs in the world. Might as well educate people on the good and safe ones instead of being all "Drugs are bad mmkay."

Joe, the voice of moderate reason. Cool enough to be an epitaph, amirite?
04.06.2014 - 17:21
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Ilham on 04.06.2014 at 17:18

Joe, the voice of moderate reason. Cool enough to be an epitaph, amirite?

I like how understated it is, which is why it's cool.
04.06.2014 - 17:50
Coolingsrock

I get what the article means but how do overdose on heroin by accident? ooops, I thought that was my diabetes shot.
No but but seriously like !J.O.O.E! said there's way safer recreational drugs available.
04.06.2014 - 18:14
Orangutoad
Low-life douche
I agree with you guys, Heroin is not exactly a party drug. I've always seen opiates in general as more of a, "I'm in constant pain everyday and don't want to live this way" or a "I think life is boring, so I'm going to enhance it with drugs" type of a thing.

I don't know from direct experience (not with heroin anyway), but I do know that it's not hard to overdose. Much like other things such as weed or coke, heroin's strength is not consistent, and if you underestimate the stuff you're about to use...you will die.
05.06.2014 - 04:01
Lehctim

Heroins a boring drug wtf oderus. Thought you were a crackhead
05.06.2014 - 09:50
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Ilham on 04.06.2014 at 17:14

Cool uncles give you beer and/or reefer. Cool uncles don't give you heroin.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
05.06.2014 - 10:02
FYA
Destroyer
Not RIP for him. Why? I bet he know that heroin is dangerous, so it's only his fault. It shouldn't be titled 'Died of heroin overdose' but 'Died, because he was idiot enough to take hoeroin'.
05.06.2014 - 11:11
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by LeChron James on 05.06.2014 at 09:50

Cool uncles give you beer and/or reefer. Cool uncles don't give you heroin.

We were not talking about heroin. Since when heroin is a recreational drug?
05.06.2014 - 15:40
cossaisVendeurs

Wasn't Brockie a cop? I thought he'd be against such things.
08.06.2014 - 19:31
Butters49

:'(
----
"Sataaaaaaaaan. Yeah yeah!"
-King Diamond
11.06.2014 - 02:29
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Does heroin even help with creative inspiration? At least hit a bong or eat some shrooms if you wanna write some cool chunes.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

Hits total: 2949 | This month: 4