Metal Storm logo
Draugr - Drummer Jonny Morelli Dies

Jonny Morelli, drummer and founding member of Italian pagan metallers Draugr was killed in a road accident in his hometown of Pescara last night. He was only 30 years old. The band announced they were calling it quits just last year. R.I.P.

Draugr's manager Patricia Thomas released this statement: "Jonny was not just a very talented musician who, in addition to his work with Draugr, which ended after ten years with the dissolution of the band in 2013, had, over the years, worked as a drummer both in the studio and on stage for many Italian bands, both metal and non-metal. He was also a tattoo artist and writer.

"Over the past year Jonny, along with three other former members of Draugr, was working on a new musical project, due to launch in 2014, that would see him take care of vocals and lyrics, as well as the drums. An official statement regarding the project will follow soon.

"My personal condolences go to Jonny's family, friends, and musicians who have played with him over the years. And of course to all the fans who have followed his work, both as a musician, tattoo artist and writer. RIP Jonny."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Draugr
Posted: 13.06.2014 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 33 users
13.06.2014 - 16:57
Gothmog_Motsham

Damn it he was such a great artist!! I still can't get over the fact that Draugr disbanded and now this

R.I.P
13.06.2014 - 17:46
Gothmog_Motsham

Written by Guest on 13.06.2014 at 13:29

Skyrim zombies play metal?

Draugr is actually a zombie from the Norse mythology and wasn't invented by the game developers it was based on a legend. That's where the band really took their name from.

Hits total: 2484 | This month: 10