Metal Storm logo
Barren Earth - To Enter Studio

Beneath the burden of their fans' anticipation with regards to the new vocalist, Barren Earth plans to enter the studio in March to partially record the follow-up to their 2012 release, The Devil's Resolve. Due to keyboardist Kasper Mårtenson's schedule conflicts, they will return to the studio to finish off the album later in the year. Jón Aldará, who stepped in for renowned Swallow The Sun frontman Mikko Kotamäki, hails from Faroe Islands doom metal band Hamferð. You can read up on the subject over here and here.

Kasper comments on the musical direction: "Some elements will be familiar from our earlier records. But there is other stuff that is breaking away from that and leaping towards more progressive modes of expression. The material is going to be more varied. I think our first two albums resemble each other in a way; Oppu has a very strong identity, you hear something and know it's Olli-Pekka Laine. There will still be some of that. I have my own identity as well, which is a bit different, and that too is still there. But in addition, there will be elements that are different. At least I hope so! I cannot yet give a definition of what the third album will turn out like, but I believe that we're charting territory that we haven't been to before."

...and the release? "Well, Barren Earth releases always tend to be late. We hope to get it done this year, but I'm not betting on it yet. Of course it would be great, but... this year or next."

He also noted that Jón will take a more active role in the songwriting process than Mikko. This should add an interesting dynamic to the music; Who's looking forward to hearing some new material?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Barren Earth
Posted: 06.03.2014 by LeKiwi

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 5 users
17.06.2014 - 02:47
Netzach
Planewalker
This should be good. Jón Aldará has been commenting a bit on AngryMetalGuy and seems like a great guy. Barren Earth need more attention!

Hits total: 2409 | This month: 5