‹‹ Back to the Musicians corner Pages: 1 [2]
Users visited: 118  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by colorfullcoyote on 19.06.2014 at 18:08
I think my harsh vocals sound pretty good... I wanted to be in a black metal band and do harsh but a few months after doing them I have been getting massive bad headaches a few minutes after I start and they last hours....

I am roaring at the top of my lungs when I sing.... Very powerfull and loud...

Does anyone else get massive headaches like this?? I went to a doctor they checked my eyes and took a ct scan and all that crap and they said there is nothing wrong with me.. So I dunno what to do except take a ton of pain pills before singing... But im a little afraid of a sudden death or something if I keep doing it

Here is a youtube video of how my vocals sound when I am screamin...

So opinions would be helpful... being a vocalist was the second thing I wanted out of life more then anything else..

ps- BLACK METAL!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2

colorfullcoyote

27.06.2014 at 07:58
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.06.2014 at 02:09

You come across as arrogant by assuming we all don't understand the problem. You sound like you're straining something and unsurprisingly your body is reacting in a negative way. That's a pretty clear indication that something you're doing is not right. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. I've looked online in other forums to see if I could find anything else that might help but all I could find was the same advice we've all given you here. Either all of us are wrong or you have some acute condition only the likes of House can figure out.

A bit of advice for future reference though: When asking for opinions, don't expect them all to be positive. It's an online forum where people have (almost) total freedom of speech. And if you can't handle criticism, then maybe trying your hand at making it big in a metal band isn't the right career for you. You may not have been asking for comments on how you sound, but you uploaded a video of you singing. You're bound to get some comments on the quality of your voice when you do that.

Im not saying you are all wrong... I just don't want to accept you are right without further input by other people...
Maybe someone who screams by using lungs and does it in the same fashion as me.

I want to continue singing this way... I want to hold out and see if there is another solution to my problem so I can keep sounding how I want to sound. (which sounds completely amazing to my ears)
And I thank you for looking at other forums and whatnot (assuming you did indeed do that) its Kinda cool.

And yes i know i don't get along well with people... I cant change... I hate people.
Ganondox

27.06.2014 at 17:47
Written by colorfullcoyote on 27.06.2014 at 07:58

Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.06.2014 at 02:09

You come across as arrogant by assuming we all don't understand the problem. You sound like you're straining something and unsurprisingly your body is reacting in a negative way. That's a pretty clear indication that something you're doing is not right. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. I've looked online in other forums to see if I could find anything else that might help but all I could find was the same advice we've all given you here. Either all of us are wrong or you have some acute condition only the likes of House can figure out.

A bit of advice for future reference though: When asking for opinions, don't expect them all to be positive. It's an online forum where people have (almost) total freedom of speech. And if you can't handle criticism, then maybe trying your hand at making it big in a metal band isn't the right career for you. You may not have been asking for comments on how you sound, but you uploaded a video of you singing. You're bound to get some comments on the quality of your voice when you do that.

Im not saying you are all wrong... I just don't want to accept you are right without further input by other people...
Maybe someone who screams by using lungs and does it in the same fashion as me.

I want to continue singing this way... I want to hold out and see if there is another solution to my problem so I can keep sounding how I want to sound. (which sounds completely amazing to my ears)
And I thank you for looking at other forums and whatnot (assuming you did indeed do that) its Kinda cool.

And yes i know i don't get along well with people... I cant change... I hate people.

Well, if it's not changing your technique, then what you think the solution would be? You don't just magically stop getting headaches because someone conjured up an explanation.
Ilham
attention whore*

27.06.2014 at 17:56
From what I hear you could have high blood pressure. My mother gets paralysing headaches if she gets angry or screams at someone. Usually that stupid cat of hers. You seem to take it very lightly, but headaches have never been a symptom of nothing. If I were you I'd even stop singing altogether. If you don't do something they're going to happen more often, be a lot more painful, and when if hits you at random moments as you said, it might as well hit while you're driving or during any other dangerous situation. I seriously don't understand why you are seeking help in a forum, I'd go seek the help of a doctor.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 [2]

Login or register to post here.