Metal Storm logo
Ministry

20.06.2014 - 21:31
Filthgrinder

This was one of the bands that got me in to industrial metal, and they're my favorite.

What do you guys think of them?
----
20.06.2014 - 22:27
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Since I recently discovered they used to play synthpop in the 80's my interest for them has grown a bit
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
20.06.2014 - 22:38
Lit.
Account deleted
Still don't like their synthpop. There's a reason why the industrial side of Ministry more established and well-reviewed, even if it was less commerical (like BitterCOld said with the whole "reverse-sellout" thing). Even Jourgensen himself said he doesn't like early Ministry, if I recall correctly. That being said, Rio Grande Blood is to me the best thing they've done, but I still like their early industrial efforts.

Also, I'm liking the avatars in this thread so far.
20.06.2014 - 22:40
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Guest on 20.06.2014 at 22:38

Looks like an anime forum
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
21.06.2014 - 05:07
theflyingmachine

Written by Guest on 20.06.2014 at 22:38

I'll have to break that trend

The mind is a terrible thing to taste and Psalm 69 albums are definitely their best studio albums. The land of rape and honey is good, but my favorite track by them is Hezbollah, which is on that album. In case you didn't feel like showing up is maybe my favorite live album by any band. The tracks on there seem to sound so much better than the studio albums.

They leveled off after Psalm 69 but still managed to put out some decent tracks.
21.06.2014 - 11:19
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by theflyingmachine on 21.06.2014 at 05:07

Psalm 69 albums are definitely their best studio albums.

Agreed.

Ministry are one of those bands, I'm not fangirling about, but every once in a while, I put their albums on, because I have a craving for them. And enjoy.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
21.06.2014 - 18:48
Ganondox

While I generally prefer industrial metal to thrash, I prefer Ministry's thrash material to their industrial songs. This is my favorite song of theirs:

Probably because I like the Butt Hole Surfers singer a lot more than Ministry's.
24.04.2015 - 01:02
Filthgrinder

Written by Ganondox on 21.06.2014 at 18:48

While I generally prefer industrial metal to thrash, I prefer Ministry's thrash material to their industrial songs. This is my favorite song of theirs:

Probably because I like the Butt Hole Surfers singer a lot more than Ministry's.

You're right lol. Gibby rules!
----
13.10.2015 - 02:46
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Big Ministry fan. was introduced to them in the late 80s by my "goth" friends. my crash course covered both some Synthpop and Stigmata off "Land Of Rape And Honey".

saw them live once in Tucson in a theater venue. so loud the sound just distorted. not like a stomp box to go \m/ mode on you guitar, but rather just vibrating and warping.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
13.10.2015 - 03:12
Darkside Momo
Retired
First album I heard by them was Twitch - "We Believe" is such a fantastic song - then Psalm 69 and Land Of....
Faves songs also include "Thieves", "Burning Inside", "Just One Fix", and a lot of their Bush Jr triad.

Saw them twice, first at HF'08, then during that ill-fated Toulouse show when some fascist nutwit climbed onstage and sprayed some teargas on Al and Tommy's faces...
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
15.06.2018 - 00:53
Rio Grande Blood is an incredible extreme album, but my favorite is The Dark Side Of The Spoon, I love that album.
12.09.2018 - 12:59
bronson

Written by Alex The Killer on 15.06.2018 at 00:53

Rio Grande Blood is an incredible extreme album, but my favorite is The Dark Side Of The Spoon, I love that album.

My fave too!
13.09.2018 - 06:34
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Haha Everyday is Halloween was playing on some bizarre 80s punk/wave/alt playlist as I logged in to the site and saw this at the top of the alt forum.

Best shit of theirs was still the late 80s and very early 90s - Land of Rape & Honey, The Mind, (Live) and Psalm 69....
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
24.04.2020 - 16:49
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
New single streaming.

Ministry - Alert Level(Quarantined Mix)

14.07.2020 - 00:25
I love Ministry, them and Tad all im listening to at the moment. Been aware of both for years just fell into them from having Psalm 69 in the car. I think they are fairly consistent. I quite dig Filth Pig and the last sucker im really digging. Seem to mix some class tracks with some filler quite a lot. But they are great to even have on in the background or just lay down and listen to, seriously hypnotic.