11. Ruined Ends
12. Identity
13. Matter Of Time
14. Prophets
15. Onward

Staff review by
Mindheist
Rating:
I'm sure when the bailiff commanded everybody to rise upon the arrival of the judge, many of those present in the courtroom must have done so, but secretly wishing they were rising for Tim Lambesis instead, frontman and co-founder of metalcore heavyweights As I Lay Dying. Most of you have heard about his murder-for-hire plot to kill his wife. He has been sentenced to six years in prison and the band as a whole took the backlashing ripples upon the chin. Surprisingly enough, the tragedy that put one of theirs behind bars, careened the rest of the band into light by delivering on the expectations their fans hinted at. Indeed, they couldn't have possibly headed in a better direction.

Read more ››
published 03.08.2014 | Comments (5)

Found in 6 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 8   Visited by: 176 users
22.06.2014 - 13:11
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
I heard "The Mason" and it sounds really good.

Will check out the record soon.
22.06.2014 - 18:09
Ag Fox
Angel No More
I checked out that song too, and I like it as well, so I'm looking forward for some nice alternative metal / metalcore released this year
----
loves 小巫
09.08.2014 - 02:20
Rating: 5
Ilham
Giant robot
Yeah no, apparently my tastes haven't changed enough for me to like this kind of stuff. I understand what they're trying to do, but I enjoyed the silence so much after twenty minutes of this.
09.08.2014 - 08:38
Rating: 3
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Just...

Ugh.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
04.09.2014 - 18:53
MelancholiaC

I could see myself totally digging something like this 8 or 10 years ago, as a high schooler just starting to discover heavy music; but as a much more seasoned metalhead now I have to say I've grown out of this basic predictable style... Not to say it's completely unenjoyable as separate tracks on occasion, but nowadays I just need something more from an album.
03.12.2014 - 00:42
MyNameJeff

But, but,... but,... I liked Lambesis as a vocalist...
22.04.2015 - 02:29
ScnD361

This album is killer, i don't know what's the problem with this style, for me black metal sounds the same always, but I like, the same with power, thrash, death, symphonic, etc., I think you guys need to be less strict for your tastes and only enjoy all this music of all the metal genres (obviusly only the bands that make "click" on you) and stop bashing the others metal's styles, cause we are all metalheads!!, go and bash some reggaeton or something really... disgusting.
22.04.2015 - 03:07
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
That bad heh?
I should probably give it a check
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei

Hits total: 3885 | This month: 15