Metal Storm logo
Belphegor - Lyric Video For New Song Released

After some teasers and studio videos, today you finally get to hear a full new song from Belphegor. The Austrian diabolical death/black metal duo just premiered a lyric video for the track "Gasmask Terror" off their first new album in three years, Conjuring The Dead. This song opens the album. Stream "Gasmask Terror" right here and tell us if it lives up to your expectations.

Conjuring The Dead will be unleashed on August 5th (North America), August 8th (Europe/Brazil/Japan) and August 11th (UK/France) via Nuclear Blast.

Helmuth comments: "Belphegor is the blood in my veins. Highly appreciated when demons enjoy our death-magick! If ppl are offended, also fine by me. We are still consistent, brutal, and march worldwide without compromise. 'Gasmark Terror'. A Death/ Black Metal neck-breaking hellride. Push play and adjust your speakers to max volume. An honor - this horror."

Album tracklist:

01. Gasmask Terror
02. Conjuring The Dead
03. In Death
04. Rex Tremendae Majestatis
05. Black Winged Torment
06. The Eyes
07. Legions Of Destruction
08. Flesh, Bones And Blood
09. Lucifer, Take Her!
10. Pactum In Aeternum

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Belphegor
Posted: 25.06.2014 by BloodTears

Comments page 2 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 69   Visited by: 117 users
26.06.2014 - 12:41
theFIST

Written by X-Ray Rod on 25.06.2014 at 21:39

Written by Guest on 25.06.2014 at 18:24

"strength through kraft"

wat

Kraft is the german (also swedish) word for "Force". So it sounds kvlt to them I guess but even in english "Strength through force" sounds weird. xD

i"d say a better translation for Kraft is strength
so it actually means strength through strength
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
26.06.2014 - 13:27
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by theFIST on 26.06.2014 at 12:41

Eh, it depends really. As Kraft is for example the physical quanity that is measured in newtons and it's simbol is F. In english that quantity is called Force.
That's the main reason to why I thought it was a better way to translate it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
26.06.2014 - 13:43
theFIST

Written by X-Ray Rod on 26.06.2014 at 13:27

Written by theFIST on 26.06.2014 at 12:41

Eh, it depends really. As Kraft is for example the physical quanity that is measured in newtons and it's simbol is F. In english that quantity is called Force.
That's the main reason to why I thought it was a better way to translate it.

force has multiple meanings that have nothing to do with Kraft, while strength only has the meaning of Kraft in everyday use, while not covering the force in physics
i understand your argument, but tend towards the other side
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
27.06.2014 - 19:21
empty

Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.06.2014 at 20:42

Written by empty on 25.06.2014 at 20:38
like i said, you 'pointing out' their lyrics are 'stupid' is indicative of your awareness

I appreciate how much you're trying to put words in my mouth, but at no point did I ever say anything about the lyrical content being stupid.

'weak' you said, then you said it wasnt a 'wise' decision to include them. no words put
27.06.2014 - 19:22
empty

Written by Guest on 25.06.2014 at 20:53

Written by empty on 25.06.2014 at 20:24

given the content of the songs lyrics, your statement exposes you as ignorant of world events---which is why youre here all the time

Comments like this expose the fact you're clearly offended by his comment and are trying to commit ad hominem as a way of getting back at him.

not offended, just dont like idiots
and its not an ad hominem, as if he actually knew what was going on in the world, he wouldnt be here wasting his time on inanities
27.06.2014 - 19:29
empty

Written by Ilham on 25.06.2014 at 21:00

I don't understand why you get aggressive and condescending about what some guy - you most certainly know nothing about - chooses to do with his time.

to teach him 'to keep his mouth shut and be thought an idiot rather than open it and confirm'

Especially when you're discussing lyrics that have as much meaning as random kvlt words pulled out of a hat and arranged one after the other.

just cause you dont see the meaning, doesnt mean its not there
just means youre not as smart as you think you are

I certainly don't want to say what I think it exposes you as, I don't want to be gratuitously rude, although it itches me greatly.

sounds like you need the same lesson
27.06.2014 - 19:38
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by empty on 27.06.2014 at 19:22

not offended, just dont like idiots
and its not an ad hominem, as if he actually knew what was going on in the world, he wouldnt be here wasting his time on inanities

Nope, you made a baseless accusation by suggesting "he is here all the time" which is little more than a thinly veiled personal attack designed to discredit him on a personal level. That counts as ad hominem in my book as you don't know a single thing about him.
27.06.2014 - 19:46
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by empty on 27.06.2014 at 19:21
'weak' you said, then you said it wasnt a 'wise' decision to include them. no words put

Indeed, I used both of those words. But I didn't say "stupid". That was where you tried to put words in my mouth.

Also, in case you haven't caught on to the blatant sarcasm in this thread, Belphegor lyric videos do absolutely nothing in terms of highlighting important issues going on in the world right now. The fact that you think I don't know about world events because I questioned the purpose of this video makes me think you're probably not the most skilled person when it comes to arguing. But since you're apparently offended due to my opinion being different than yours, you try to make the issue about my knowledge of the world.

The more you comment here the more desperate you make yourself look. I understand you really want people to think Belphegor lyric videos are a prime example of the most pressing issues currently going on in the world, but that simply isn't the case.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
27.06.2014 - 22:07
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by empty on 27.06.2014 at 19:29

to teach him 'to keep his mouth shut and be thought an idiot rather than open it and confirm'
just cause you dont see the meaning, doesnt mean its not there
just means youre not as smart as you think you are
sounds like you need the same lesson

Oh yes daddy teach me. Make me a good girl again, because I've been baaaad. Tell me I'm not smart, and explain to me what the lyrics mean. Enlighten me. Give me a good spanking, I like that. Talk to me dirty. Talk to me about nuclear war and strength through kraft while you cane me.

Christ. You post and express yourself on a forum the same way a pigeon with digestive problems shits on car.
27.06.2014 - 22:24
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Ilham on 27.06.2014 at 22:07

Oh yes daddy teach me. Make me a good girl again, because I've been baaaad. Tell me I'm not smart, and explain to me what the lyrics mean. Enlighten me. Give me a good spanking, I like that. Talk to me dirty. Talk to me about nuclear war and strength through kraft while you cane me.

Christ. You post and express yourself on a forum the same way a pigeon with digestive problems shits on car.

Probably the hottest post I've ever seen on MS.
27.06.2014 - 22:27
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Guest on 27.06.2014 at 22:24

I'm happy to set new standards and improve people's experience of the website.
27.06.2014 - 23:31
empty

Written by Guest on 27.06.2014 at 19:38

Nope, you made a baseless accusation by suggesting "he is here all the time" which is little more than a thinly veiled personal attack designed to discredit him on a personal level. That counts as ad hominem in my book

not baseless, as it is true, and he has even admitted as such

Written by Guest on 27.06.2014 at 19:38

as you don't know a single thing about him.

obviously youre not that smart
27.06.2014 - 23:32
empty

Written by Ilham on 27.06.2014 at 22:27

Written by Guest on 27.06.2014 at 22:24

I'm happy to set new standards and improve people's experience of the website.

you sound fat
'standards' here, hahahaha
27.06.2014 - 23:35
empty

Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.06.2014 at 19:46

Indeed, I used both of those words. But I didn't say "stupid". That was where you tried to put words in my mouth.

if you want to nitpick the meaning of weak and stupid in the context of this discussion, it says much about the strength of your argument

Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.06.2014 at 19:46

Also, in case you haven't caught on to the blatant sarcasm in this thread, Belphegor lyric videos do absolutely nothing in terms of highlighting important issues going on in the world right now. The fact that you think I don't know about world events because I questioned the purpose of this video makes me think you're probably not the most skilled person when it comes to arguing. But since you're apparently offended due to my opinion being different than yours, you try to make the issue about my knowledge of the world.

The more you comment here the more desperate you make yourself look. I understand you really want people to think Belphegor lyric videos are a prime example of the most pressing issues currently going on in the world, but that simply isn't the case.

so you have nothing to say but 'i am rubber and you are glue' this forum is a joke!
27.06.2014 - 23:39
empty

Written by Ilham on 27.06.2014 at 22:07

Oh yes daddy teach me.

so nothing of substance to say in other words
yall are great at continuing to prove my argument
27.06.2014 - 23:46
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by empty on 27.06.2014 at 23:35
so you have nothing to say but 'i am rubber and you are glue' this forum is a joke!

If you'd like to discuss the lyrical content of this video and enlighten us as to how it so wonderfully points out what's going on in the world please feel free. In fact I encourage you to describe just how these lyrics can inform me better than any of the news sites I subscribe to just what exactly I fail to be aware of in regards to world events. I have no interest in this "rubber and glue" match you're attempting to turn this into, but I am legitimately curious as to how Belphegor have managed to capture all the important events in the world in a 4-minute lyric video about Nuklear Sathan and seething sandstorms.

I'm sure you'll find a way to argue about something completely irrelevant to anything I've said, but I'll still hold out hope that you can formulate a decent argument and contribute to the discussion you seem to want to be so much a part of.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
27.06.2014 - 23:59
Vombatus
Potorro
Excellent comments The Triunity news one is also great entertainment !

On topic, never was a fan of the band and their image/themes are quite ridiculous, this being no exception. I dig some of the older albums though.
28.06.2014 - 00:26
empty

Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.06.2014 at 23:46

If you'd like to discuss the lyrical content of this video and enlighten us as to how it so wonderfully points out what's going on in the world please feel free. In fact I encourage you to describe just how these lyrics can inform me better than any of the news sites I subscribe to just what exactly I fail to be aware of in regards to world events.

nuclear warfare: the us has been threatening russia with b-2 spirit bombers and drills in eastern europe, also the us is the only power to have used nuclear weapons---on civilian populations, with no military objective (not that it would excuse it)

religion: is commonly used to create divides with which to perpetuate conflict

chemical warfare: false flags started by western powers to intervene in a sovereign country, syria, and the threat of western backed jihadists in southwest asia
"Pulitzer-prize winning journalist Seymour Hersh recently destroyed America's claim that it was clearly the Syrian government which carried out the chemical weapons attacks."
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/12/syria-falls-apart.html

"Confirmed: U.S. Armed Al Qaeda to Topple Libya's Gaddaffi"
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/04/confirmed-u-s-armed-al-qaeda-topple-gaddaffi.html

as for your 'news' sites, heres a couple starters
"In reality, it's not just Iraq or Syria ? the corporate media is always pro-war, and pro-empire."
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/03/medias-reporting-ukraine-terrible-iraq.html

"'Last thing US wants in the world is democracy. It wants control'"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZnKKMFL6no

the song is about the brutality of humanity, its pretty obvious to see, unless youre troy killjoy and the metalstorm flock, apparently
thats just a few to illuminate how fucking stupid you are

I have no interest in this "rubber and glue" match you're attempting to turn this into,

you started it, bro

I'm sure you'll find a way to argue about something completely irrelevant to anything I've said, but I'll still hold out hope that you can formulate a decent argument and contribute to the discussion you seem to want to be so much a part of.

you talk like you have a dick in your mouth
you are what is called 'hoi polloi' you dont know anything, yet you talk like you know everything
28.06.2014 - 00:40
Ilham
Giant robot
OH MY GOD. You came up with "arguments". After being asked twenty times to back your insults with something with "substance". I have now confirmation there was nothing to expect in the first place. It all reads just as empty as your nickname, which you couldn't have chosen better.

I will now just sit back and relax, and enjoy my popcorn .
28.06.2014 - 00:52
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by empty on 28.06.2014 at 00:26
the song is about the brutality of humanity, its pretty obvious to see, unless youre troy killjoy and the metalstorm flock, apparently

You really have a hard time arguing without trying to insult people, don't you? In all honesty I'm completely fine with you thinking I'm stupid for not believing a Belphegor lyric video is a legitimate news source.

As for the above mentioned links, while it's appreciated that you actually took time to find sources for your arguments (even though it was just a YouTube video and a bunch of articles from the same site), at no point did you relate the events to the lyrics in this video. I am well aware of these issues, regardless of whether you believe me or not, as I try to stay on top of current affairs as much as possible. I also visit more than one site for my information because I try to get said information with different perspectives.

Unfortunately your point was that this lyric video highlights those issues, yet at no point does the band really state anything aside from vague references to nuclear warfare. I get that you can easily associate the lyrics with a variety of nuclear-based events throughout human history and it would make sense that Belphegor are likely more focused on current affairs rather than bringing up the past, but I guess I was hoping you'd have more thorough explanations for those of us "too stupid" to understand the metaphors. The song is indeed about the brutality of humanity. I figured that part out all by myself, so you're right about it being obvious. I noticed as well that the band members provided some social commentary in the form of a "fuck you all!" I believe this is the band's way of saying that they are not in fact okay with what is going on. But I could be wrong - you know how stupid I am when it comes to these things. I'd appreciate it even more if you were to enlighten me on whether or not my assumption is correct regarding the social commentary.
----
28.06.2014 - 00:53
Mattybu

Written by empty on 28.06.2014 at 00:26

If you're really so sure your opinion has weight to it, you wouldn't need to resort simply to calling everyone else stupid and school playground-caliber insults. A pile of out-of-context news articles doesn't really prove a whole lot.

Although, I don't know Belphegor very well, maybe way back they released a scholarly and well-researched song called Everyone Else Is Stupid and you took the lyrics to heart.
28.06.2014 - 01:36
empty

Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.06.2014 at 00:52

You really have a hard time arguing without trying to insult people, don't you? In all honesty I'm completely fine with you thinking I'm stupid for not believing a Belphegor lyric video is a legitimate news source.

no, thats why i waited till the end to say it

As for the above mentioned links, while it's appreciated that you actually took time to find sources for your arguments (even though it was just a YouTube video and a bunch of articles from the same site),

ad hominem, you have to refute the material, not the source

I also visit more than one site for my information because I try to get said information with different perspectives.

note that the site is composing different sources together, your argument is a irrelevant anyway, as using one source does not necessitate its invalidity
i also visit more than one site, but you dont see me waving that flag for pride, i provide evidence that is relevant

Unfortunately your point was that this lyric video highlights those issues, yet at no point does the band really state anything aside from vague references to nuclear warfare. I get that you can easily associate the lyrics with a variety of nuclear-based events throughout human history and it would make sense that Belphegor are likely more focused on current affairs rather than bringing up the past, but I guess I was hoping you'd have more thorough explanations for those of us "too stupid" to understand the metaphors.

which brings us back to my original point; you do not see the relevence because, besides your claims, you dont have the educational context, which i provided, and is inferred in the video because there has been only one nation to have used nuclear weapons offensively historically, and they are the same nation threatening to use them today
hence youre a fucking idiot
28.06.2014 - 01:40
Slayer666

Written by empty on 27.06.2014 at 23:35

this forum is a joke!

So please leave it. Your verbal diarrhea is clotting the "New Posts" section. I'm trying to see if non-retarded users have posted something that could potentially lead to discovering new music, and instead I get your incoherent, grammatically incorrect rambling.
28.06.2014 - 01:41
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
This is all I have to say to all of this.

I hope you find a better dance partner, I tried my best to carry on a legitimate conversation but you clearly had other plans from the start.
----
28.06.2014 - 01:53
empty

Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.06.2014 at 01:41

This is all I have to say to all of this.

you shills are too easy
28.06.2014 - 05:30
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by empty on 27.06.2014 at 23:31

not baseless, as it is true, and he has even admitted as such

obviously youre not that smart

I think your sarcasm detector needs a tune up.

I don't get the latter comment. This whole generic "your stupid" commentary doesn't carry your argument in any way. Don't you realise what you say is on display for everyone to see? All people are going to witness is you losing your cool with everyone and insulting people which just paints you as a reactionary guy who can't argue with reason and as someone who just resorts to personal attacks as a last resort?
28.06.2014 - 05:37
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by empty on 28.06.2014 at 01:36

ad hominem, you have to refute the material, not the source

hence youre a fucking idiot

You need a brush on what an "ad hominem" is.

Actually calling your finishing statement an ad hominem would be an insult to the idea of an ad homimen fallacy. It was just plain pathetic. A desperate, hateful person who got personally insulted over the internet and wanted to lash out. My God; why are there so many of you sorts.
28.06.2014 - 13:12
Ilham
Giant robot
Guuuys. Guuuuuuuys. He said this. I have to bump it to the next page.
Written by empty on 27.06.2014 at 23:32
you sound fat

I'd like it to be the closing argument. How could it not, in all its beauty.
28.06.2014 - 13:36
mz

Written by empty on 27.06.2014 at 19:22

just dont like idiots

You should fucking hate yourself then since you are the biggest pile of stupid shit I've encountered in the online forums up to now.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
28.06.2014 - 13:37
mz

I wonder if insulting others for no reason warrants ban or not.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.

Hits total: 4661 | This month: 14