Metal Storm logo
True Heavy Metal vs Punk Rock Poseurs

Original post

Posted by Ganondox, 29.06.2014 - 20:22
Link here

So this is a satirical post I wrote, I hope the intended message is self-explanatory. I plan on making it into a video in the style of these and see how many people I can troll (except it's a more thought out parody then simply switching the bands like this guy did), only I've been too lazy to actually download the songs and make the video. If someone else thinks this isn't a completely stupid idea and wants to make said video, feel free to. Anyway, the discussion question, what do you think of the whole true heavy metal vs punk rock poseur attitude? Is there really an issue with hardcore bands pretending to be metal or the like? Is most metalcore metal, hardcore, or something else, and does the difference really matter? I think my opinion should be fairly obvious from my post, but I want to hear what you think.
01.07.2014 - 06:50
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by deadone on 01.07.2014 at 05:12

Written by Ganondox on 01.07.2014 at 05:05

I get that people didn't find it funny, if it's not funny it's not funny, oh well, but it's still satire.

Too true.

There used to be a political satire show here in Oz called Back Berner. A lot of it was just dry and dull and almost painfully not funny but it was still satire.

Writing good humour is difficult.

But even if it's bad it's still comedy, just like a badly written metal song is still metal.

And that's the problem. It wasn't well written, so most people missed the point. (you wouldn't get that kind of sloppy work on the AB friggin C)
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
01.07.2014 - 06:51
Guib
Thrash Talker
The Beatles are classic thrash metal. \m/

*Twist and shout !!!!*
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
01.07.2014 - 13:40
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by deadone on 01.07.2014 at 07:57

Written by M C Vice on 01.07.2014 at 06:50

And that's the problem. It wasn't well written, so most people missed the point. (you wouldn't get that kind of sloppy work on the AB friggin C)

It was very obvious though, especially that last line.

And Peter Berner misfired quite often.

Shaun McCallef's Mad As Hell does it better because it is totally absurd thus showing the true idiocy of whatever he is satirising. Even then he sometime's falls short on the laugh count.

I miss Newstopia.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
01.07.2014 - 18:57
raveneffect

I like Jawn from Superquest
03.07.2014 - 01:20
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Alright people I know this isn't the most on-topic thread in existence but if you want to post Anchorman quotes and your personal food preferences, do so in the appropriate thread. This is about... I dunno, some weird satirical thing about true and false metal. Let's at least try to keep the discussion here relevant.

And, as I so often point out, we do have a thread for complete nonsense known as THE PUB. Here is a link to said topic to make it easy for everyone: http://metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=31691.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.06.2017 - 17:54
Frosst

Written by Ganondox on 30.06.2014 at 05:05

Written by Ilham on 30.06.2014 at 04:34

I honestly don't. And I wouldn't recommend spending time on this. It looks the same way as people still complaining about Elvis selling out.

Selling out was a thing when Elvis was around?

Exactly what I was thinking. Elvis is probably the last person you think about when you hear the term "selling out".
----
Favourite bands:
http://www.imdb.com/list/ls064836793/

Favourite artists:
http://www.imdb.com/list/ls064836309/