Metal Storm logo
Slipknot - New Album Almost Complete

Slipknot's frontman Corey Taylor has announced that their new album is almost done. Corey Taylor was recently talking to Loudwire's Nights With Full Metal Jackie regarding the completion of their new album, which will be their first studio album since 2008's All Hope Is Gone. You can read his update below.

Corey declared: "The album is done. Oh yes. I'd say 98 percent done. I'm in the process of heading to the studio to give a listen, see if there's anything we need to touch up. But yeah, it is very close. The next step is the mix, and we're going to try to get it out very soon. There will be big announcements soon. Big things to hear, soon. That's really all I can say about it. I know we're anything, if not diligent to our plan. The plan is to just slowly but surely get people to lose their minds for the next couple of months with just little stuff here and there leaked."

He also stated: "This one, it just feels, there's something weird about this one. Obviously this is the first album we're making without Paul. After everything we went through, there's a catharsis that comes with this, being able to throw all the emotion and aggression out that we've been holding onto. At the same time, getting to be creative again. Feeling that juice coming back into us. It's been a real positive experience just from an artistic standpoint, a lyrical standpoint. We're making an album that's not just a reflection. Let's just get new music out there. There's something very vital with what we're trying to do. There's something very visceral with the emotion we're playing with and trying to tell the story of a band that's gone through hell, and yet we're back. It's been really fulfilling."

Slipknot recently parted ways with drummer Joey Jordison and there is still no official word on who will be playing drums on the new album.

Source: loudwire.com
Band profile: Slipknot
Posted: 03.07.2014 by Sword_Chant

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 26   Visited by: 227 users
03.07.2014 - 21:39
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
INB4 "Y arz Shitslop on MetulzStørm!??"
03.07.2014 - 21:42
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Cool. Let it roll in.

Oh, hey, can anyone update me whether Slipknot's website and its Facebook timeline or display pic are still black? Are they still holding that shit up?
03.07.2014 - 21:54
Ilham
Giant robot
Curious. I am.
03.07.2014 - 22:29
Grind Magus
Weak Cunt
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 03.07.2014 at 21:42

Cool. Let it roll in.

Oh, hey, can anyone update me whether Slipknot's website and its Facebook timeline or display pic are still black? Are they still holding that shit up?

Yup still black.
04.07.2014 - 02:47
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by Guest on 03.07.2014 at 21:39

They are a metal band, they deserve to be on metalstorm.

But they still suck ass as a band.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
04.07.2014 - 02:48
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 04.07.2014 at 02:47

Yep, they'e metal all right. Better than some people give them credit for though I think.
04.07.2014 - 03:03
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by Guest on 04.07.2014 at 02:48

Yep, they'e metal all right. Better than some people give them credit for though I think.

I just can't find anything of redeeming value in their music.

Do you like catchy melodies? They have none.

Do you like technicality? They are decent musicians, but 90% of other metal bands probably have more instrumental skill.

Do you like brutality? There are a thousand bands more heavy and brutal than this band.

Do you like originality? Yeah...

I just can't think of a single thing that this band does well, or even above average.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
04.07.2014 - 03:06
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 04.07.2014 at 03:03

Do you like technicality? They are decent musicians, but 90% of other metal bands probably have more instrumental skill.

Do you like brutality? There are a thousand bands more heavy and brutal than this band.

I just can't think of a single thing that this band does well, or even above average.

I don't recall many, if any bands like them. Bands that mix rap, nu metal and alternative thrash. I find them to have plenty of catchy songs, a decent amount of aggression in their own conventional kind of way, and so on. If you don't like them you don't like them. I've always found them pretty fun bar their last record.
04.07.2014 - 03:15
Rupert

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 04.07.2014 at 03:03

I still find some of their more drawn out songs are some of the creepiest songs I've heard.
04.07.2014 - 03:18
Mattybu

I'm with Danny on this one, their music ranges from decent listenable tunes to "would be deeply embarrassed to be caught listening to this" level stuff, but there isn't really one element of it that stands out to me as being something really special.
04.07.2014 - 03:40
I_Die_Often

They're still better than Manowar IMO!
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
04.07.2014 - 03:46
Rulatore

can't get enough of this comment
04.07.2014 - 03:55
Reaper_Redeemer

98,583757236573265723652365923 % yeah such an update
04.07.2014 - 05:01
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by deadone on 04.07.2014 at 03:46

Meanwhile who still bothers with Shadows Fall

The Art of Balance is one of the tightest Metal albums in history young boy.
----
Christless
04.07.2014 - 05:34
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by deadone on 04.07.2014 at 05:04

Written by Darth Satanious on 04.07.2014 at 05:01

Written by deadone on 04.07.2014 at 03:46

Meanwhile who still bothers with Shadows Fall

The Art of Balance is one of the tightest Metal albums in history young boy.

Totally agree 100%. And what have they done since that's been even 20% as good as that one? They're relatively forgotten too in the mainstream press and their last album didn't get much attention anywhere I went in metaldom.

Slipknot on the other hand still gets a lot of attention and All Hope Is Lost got reasonable coverage and praise.

And I am a far bigger Shadows Fall fan than Slipknot, a band I'm not really a fan of at all bar a couple of songs.

The problem here is that I can't get behind the argument that either praise, media attention, continued fan support is measurement for anything like music quality of a band.

If you ask me both bands have watered down with their latest releases.

You haven't read anything about latest Shadows Fall albums? I have barely seen any discussion about the band as a whole with the exception of the few convos here and there in the band's official thread in any forum, discussions that never go past a couple of posts before the thread goes silent and dies once again. Slipknot is and will always be more of a popular and heated topic because the band was one of the icons of the Nu Metal movement which saw huge popularity and as icon Slipknot became the easy target for detractors of that subgenre.

Shadows Fall has pretty much gone under the radar from any hate and their success wasn't anything to compare with Slipknot's if my memory doesn't fail me, speaking about album sales that is. When Shadows Fall came out people where very busy hammering Trivium as the Metalcore bastards to pay any attention to SF.
----
Christless
04.07.2014 - 07:33
Jtbmetal123

It better be good and not another All Hope is Gone.
04.07.2014 - 08:37
BlueMobius
Account deleted
I have to say I liked Volume 3 a lot. hopefully this is like that.
04.07.2014 - 09:25
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 04.07.2014 at 08:37

I have to say I liked Volume 3 a lot. hopefully this is like that.

Yes! A voice of reason at the end of the noise!
04.07.2014 - 19:59
Opethian

Fingers crossed. Thats all i can say
04.07.2014 - 21:19
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha

They don't suck, they still kick some heavy ass with music. The only problem with 'Knot is they've downgraded their music and last album did reflect it. Otherwise, every metal fan somehwere deep down loves Slipknot for their sheer aggression and some heavy music. I really can't say about others but you can count me 'Knot fan though.

As for new record, as I said, let it roll in.
04.07.2014 - 22:20
Mattybu

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 04.07.2014 at 21:19

Otherwise, every metal fan somehwere deep down loves Slipknot for their sheer aggression and some heavy music.

I would think a lot of metalheads don't identify at all with the particular brand of aggression in their music, which seems to me to be either hot-topic teen angst at times or sort of a somewhat offbeat type at other times. Or trying to be offbeat. I'm not really an expert but they are one of those bands that doesn't seem all too similar to many others out there.
05.07.2014 - 07:36
b0sse

I used to love Slipknot back in the day as a teenager when the self-titled and the Iowa album hit big, but since then I've kinda lost interest in them. Either cause their material after Iowa was worse, or because I grew up and my tastes changed. I have no idea.

Would still like to hear their new album though, if just to hear what they're sounding like now that Paul is dead and Joey has left.
06.07.2014 - 12:31
Rapid Fire

I still think Slipknot was one of the most groundbreaking bands in the beginning of the new millennium, and that their self-titled album is great, but after this I gradually lost a my interest in them. I listened to Iowa many times and it's not bad but can't be compared to the previous one, Volume 3 sounded too commercial and very nu metal oriented, and about All Hope Is Gone... I wasn't even able to finish the listening, one of the most boring albums I've listened to in the last decade.

I don't mind the sales, for me this band has lost almost all the freshness and intensity they surprised me with in the Slipknot album. Just a question of tastes, don't forget it...
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
07.07.2014 - 01:51
Mattybu

Written by deadone on 07.07.2014 at 01:40

Written by Mattybu on 04.07.2014 at 22:20

I would think a lot of metalheads don't identify at all with the particular brand of aggression in their music, which seems to me to be either hot-topic teen angst at times or sort of a somewhat offbeat type at other times. Or trying to be offbeat. I'm not really an expert but they are one of those bands that doesn't seem all too similar to many others out there.

Aren't most metalheads "angsty teens"?

I didn't say anywhere that they weren't.

Nor did I say, "LOL slipknot is poser gay muziks not lyke the Real DEATH METAL: with hreal aggression not for poser wimpsss", although you seem to think I did.
07.07.2014 - 02:12
Mattybu

Written by deadone on 07.07.2014 at 02:02

You did mention something about metal heads possibly not "caring for their brand of aggression."

I merely pointed out most people that listen to metal are angsty teens and then pointed out how a lot of metal genres no longer have any aggression unlike say in the 1980s (Thrash/Crossover) or the early 1990s (even if it was early macho aggression ala Groove or demented/brutal aggression ala some Death Metal in early 1990s).

Well, yes, I did point out that some metal hands wouldn't like their particular brand of aggression, and even that brand I think changes at times. I've heard awful songs by them like People = Shit (angst teen) and then other better songs like Before I Forget which is sort of a different, offbeat type of aggression.

Whether or not "MOST" people do or do not like it isn't what I was commenting on, just that a "LOT" probably don't, including myself. Which isn't to say aggression is always the element I look for most in metal/music, either.
13.08.2014 - 00:31
HyperDrifter

I'm not so into Slipknot now, but believe it or not they were the bands that brought me to the world of metal when I was a kid, along with Linkin Park, Korn and Static-X.

Will be interesting to see what they come up with without Paul and Joey.

Hits total: 4302 | This month: 7