07. Continuum
08. Unattainable Zero
09. Redistribution Of Filth
10. Obsolescence
11. Malthusian Collapse
12. The Indiscriminate
13. Kill Yourself [S.O.D. cover]

Additional info
Recorded by Robert Rebeck at Chapman Recording Studio.
Mixed and mastered Colin Marston and Origin at Menegroth - The Thousand Caves.

Staff review by
Mattybu
Rating:
N/A
Anyone play soccer or some other sport as a kid? Remember when the team went to the pizza restaurant after the game, and when the kiddies got bored they sat there and poured anything they could find on the table into one horrifying concoction? The salt, the pepper, the ice cream, maybe spit in the drink a bit for good measure.

Read more ››
published 30.07.2014 | Comments (15)

Found in 8 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 10   Visited by: 265 users
04.07.2014 - 15:31
Rating: 8
The Benighted

Thus far, this seems quite a bit more varied than any of their previous releases. Time will tell whether this ends up being their best, but it's definitely one of the strongest entries in their discography.
----
Learn to adapt to the change, or get washed away like tears in the rain.
04.07.2014 - 16:07
Rating: 6
Ilham
Giant robot
Short album as usual, I like that. I can't stomach more than 30 minutes of this anyway, demands too much attention. Same good old Origin.
04.07.2014 - 23:34
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I listened to the stream and barely managed to get through half of it. Very boring stuff, but enjoyable for anyone looking to get their hands on some formulaic tech-death. You can almost make out hints of groove beneath the triggered drums and unnecessary guitar noodling but that's as close as this gets to being even remotely catchy. At one point there was a melodic intro/interlude though, that seemed to stand out.

They try to balance the technicality of each song with some banal chugging but that just emphasizes the lack of effort involved in the songwriting process. It's basically a half-hour serving of chugging, wankery, blastbeats, and growls. Which is perfect if that's what you're into. Not my thing anymore though I guess.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
12.07.2014 - 14:55
Skl3ros

+1 incredibly boring album. tech death is dead it seems :/
16.07.2014 - 16:37
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Skl3ros on 12.07.2014 at 14:55

Far from it, you just need to look harder. If I remember I'll come back and post some suggestions later today.
26.07.2014 - 02:51
Skl3ros

Written by LeKiwi on 16.07.2014 at 16:37

Written by Skl3ros on 12.07.2014 at 14:55

Far from it, you just need to look harder. If I remember I'll come back and post some suggestions later today.

well I admit I kinda gave up on it lately but yes overall good tech death became rarer/harder to find. I still wouldn't mind you telling me your suggestions though
26.07.2014 - 10:24
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Skl3ros on 26.07.2014 at 02:51

well I admit I kinda gave up on it lately but yes overall good tech death became rarer/harder to find. I still wouldn't mind you telling me your suggestions though

Without a doubt, unfortunately. First and foremost I'd recommend Unhuman and Melora. It depends on what sort of tech death you like, but have a look at my list. For some off-the-hook tech death I'd point to Pyrrhon and Artificial Brain.
26.07.2014 - 18:38
Skl3ros

Written by LeKiwi on 26.07.2014 at 10:24

Written by Skl3ros on 26.07.2014 at 02:51

Without a doubt, unfortunately. First and foremost I'd recommend Unhuman and Melora. It depends on what sort of tech death you like, but have a look at my list. For some off-the-hook tech death I'd point to Pyrrhon and Artificial Brain.

Thanks I'll certainly check them out.
26.07.2014 - 18:55
Rating: 6
Ilham
Giant robot
Yeah Artificial Brain will leave you a longer-lasting impression than this. I already can't remember how this sounds. Something tells me my rating will drop when I come back to it.
27.07.2014 - 07:25
Lord_Regnier

Origin is the perfect example of a band made of technically very talented musicians but with a songwriting ability that is next to zero. Damn this stuff gets boring very quickly.
I mean, Nile are no less technically talented but the quality of songwriting displayed on Nile albums is worlds apart from this.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"

Hits total: 7535 | This month: 11