Metal Storm logo
Dark Fortress - Streaming New Song

And now for some new music from black metallers Dark Fortress. The band hasn't released a new album since Ylem (2010) but now you can hear new music from the Germans. More precisely, you can enjoy the album's opener and title track "Venereal Dawn". It's already 11 minutes of new music. Listen to the song on the Soundcloud player here and tell us if it is a good start for what's to come.

You will have to wait until September 1st in Europe and Australia/New Zealand, and September 2nd in North America to grab the album Venereal Dawn. That's when Century Media Records will release it. In October, the band will tour in Europe with Secrets Of The Moon and Schammasch.

Tracks:

01. Venereal Dawn
02. Lloigor
03. Betrayal And Vengeance
04. Chrysalis
05. I Am The Jigsaw Of A Mad God
06. The Deep
07. Odem
08. Luciform
09. On Fever's Wings

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Dark Fortress
Posted: 08.07.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   Visited by: 96 users
08.07.2014 - 18:57
a MasT
Great stuff
08.07.2014 - 20:03
Ilham
Giant robot
The theme is getting a little old, and it all sounds so cliché with the narration at the beginning, the choirs, the chorus, the lame solo at the seventh minute etc... If this is the intro that is supposed to make you dive into the post-apo world they want to paint a whole picture of, I can only imagine the album being boring. Lacks tension, fear and atmosphere. Dread. Suspense. Whatever you want to call it.

If you want a perfect concept album about a terrifying post-apocalyptic world with beautiful poems and narration, just skip everything and go directly to Elend's A World In Their Screams.
09.07.2014 - 00:22
serega25
Wow! Great song!!!!!
09.07.2014 - 02:23
bleak
Account deleted
It think is a good opening track. It sets the mood pretty good. Great production too.
09.07.2014 - 15:53
s_t_s
Really not bad tho a bit longish. Cannot wait to listen to some more tracks !
09.07.2014 - 16:49
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
I quite like what I have just heard. Nothing new, but it's fairly well written
----
loves 小巫
09.07.2014 - 17:06
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Ilham on 08.07.2014 at 20:03
If you want a perfect concept album about a terrifying post-apocalyptic world with beautiful poems and narration, just skip everything and go directly to Elend's A World In Their Screams.

Amazing album (well, I love all Elend stuff)... Shame that I don't understand a thing though. Stupid frenchies and their stupid yet sexy language.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
09.07.2014 - 17:13
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.07.2014 at 17:06

Amazing album (well, I love all Elend stuff)... Shame that I don't understand a thing though. Stupid frenchies and their stupid yet sexy language.

Lucas didn't understand why I loved that album so much, so I once offered to translate the poems. He must have thought I wasn't serious, and never asked for them. I could do that if you want to live the full Elend experience. Don't call us stupid, we have a beautiful language and we're making the most of it .
09.07.2014 - 17:23
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Ilham on 09.07.2014 at 17:13
Lucas didn't understand why I loved that album so much, so I once offered to translate the poems. He must have thought I wasn't serious, and never asked for them. I could do that if you want to live the full Elend experience. Don't call us stupid, we have a beautiful language and we're making the most of it .

"stupid and sexy [insert noun]" is a classic internet meme with its origin being the time Homer called Flanders stupid and sexy.
So... It's more of a frustrated comment although you probably knew that. Now I feel dumb. Whateva.

ANYWAY. Yes. Million times yes. A part of me wants you to translate other stuff but I'm gonna leave it with the last Elend for now so I don't feel like a prick for asking too much.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
09.07.2014 - 17:30
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.07.2014 at 17:23

"stupid and sexy [insert noun]" is a classic internet meme with its origin being the time Homer called Flanders stupid and sexy.
So... It's more of a frustrated comment although you probably knew that. Now I feel dumb. Whateva.
ANYWAY. Yes. Million times yes. A part of me wants you to translate other stuff but I'm gonna leave it with the last Elend for now so I don't feel like a prick for asking too much.

I know, about Flanders and his tight skying pants. Don't feel dumb, it's cute. *Pinches cheeks*

I will. Give me a week. Yeah doing all Elend is going to take months. Don't be greedy .
09.07.2014 - 17:31
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Not bad. A little slow and somewhat lacking in regards to the overall intensity, but they do a decent job of establishing a dark atmosphere and the guitar work is alright.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.07.2014 - 15:49
s_t_s
Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.07.2014 at 17:06

Written by Ilham on 08.07.2014 at 20:03

Should check them out and since I'm French and I can come back to you and tell you what they are singing about but you may be disappointed (as long as it doesn't imply frogs or snails, who cares ? )
23.07.2014 - 16:46
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by s_t_s on 23.07.2014 at 15:49
Should check them out and since I'm French and I can come back to you and tell you what they are singing about but you may be disappointed (as long as it doesn't imply frogs or snails, who cares ? )

Yes you should check them out. I am in the middle of translating those songs. Why would he be disappointed? Those poems are very well written.
23.07.2014 - 16:56
s_t_s
Written by Ilham on 23.07.2014 at 16:46

Written by s_t_s on 23.07.2014 at 15:49

Yes you should check them out. I am in the middle of translating those songs. Why would he be disappointed? Those poems are very well written.

Well I suggested you may be disappointed simply because, to be honest, I stopped reading lyrics long time ago because either they sucked/sounded silly, or they seemed meaningless to me Anyway if I can help translating French lyrics, drop me a line
23.07.2014 - 17:17
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by s_t_s on 23.07.2014 at 16:56
Well I suggested you may be disappointed simply because, to be honest, I stopped reading lyrics long time ago because either they sucked/sounded silly, or they seemed meaningless to me Anyway if I can help translating French lyrics, drop me a line

I forgot you actually haven't listened to Elend yet, so yes, I understand what you mean. But Elend is something else, the lyrics aren't there for show, the whole album is structured around them. Thank you for offering help. I shouldn't have any trouble, but will call you for help, if trouble I have.

Hits total: 2961 | This month: 5