Metal Storm logo
Pestilence - Band On Permanent Hold

Tech death metallers Pestilence released a new album last year, Obsideo, but according to mastermind Patrick Mameli, the band is now inactive. Patrick Mameli recently announced that he will begin work on a new death jazz fusion project (featuring all new and original members) under the title Necromorph. This seems like the end for Pestilence but Mameli is keeping the door open for shows in the future.

Mameli explained what is happening: "Dear peeps, current update: As of now, Pestilence is no longer active in recording new material. As a matter of fact, it's on a permanent hold, as I want to concentrate fully on my new project Necromorph. The style will be more brutal, more crazy, more tech, more futuristic and more death. I'm pretty sure all my fans will dig this! Please don't be sad about Pestilence. We've been holding the Pest flag strong for 25 years and we feel it's now done. I thank all my fans for being there and supporting us all the way.

"If there is any interest in Pestilence doing old school shows in the future, me and Patrick Uterwijk, will surely think about the options. I thanks all the Pestilence members since '86 for their musical talent and input. Hailz to the fans, we all love you. Now, let's give birth to Necromorph!"

Will you be checking out this new band Necromorph?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Pestilence
Posted: 09.07.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 90 users
09.07.2014 - 12:55
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Thank god... it's sad but these are good news...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
09.07.2014 - 16:34
Vombatus
Potorro
Best thing they could do. Their recent stuff is horrible
09.07.2014 - 17:11
LascaillesShroud

I loved Obsideo, such a great record
09.07.2014 - 17:20
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
They could use a break.

Forever.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.07.2014 - 18:09
Lit.
Account deleted
Good riddance, I say.

Hits total: 2229 | This month: 5