Metal Storm logo
Eluveitie - Streaming Another New Song

Eluveitie just shared a new song today. After the track "King", you now get to listen to "The Call Of The Mountains" which is also the second single off their new output Origins. The band has recorded it in all four of Switzerland's national languages. Check out the multilingual track video right here now! What is your opinion about this new song?

Don't forget that the album will be released on August 1st in Europe, August 4th in the UK, and August 5th in North America via Nuclear Blast Records.

The band states: "This one's long overdue. Another Origins song you say? Well, yes indeed. Finally, a song about our beautiful mountains? That, too. But also an idea we've considered for a number of years now: a song released not just in English and/or Gaulish, but in all four of Switzerland's beautiful national languages! So we present to you: 'The Call Of The Mountains'! A song about the long searched for destination at the end of the epic journey of the Celts, who were to become the Helvetians - a song about our mystical and unparalleled alps. Besides the English album version, you will find the full song in Swiss German, French, Italian and of course Romansh both on Nuclear Blast's mailorder edition and on iTunes, where you will of course be able to get them separately, too. We can't wait to hear how you like it!"

The single "The Call Of The Mountains" (English version) will be available digitally on July 25th, 2014. The full song in Swiss German, French, Italian and Romansh will be on the Nuclear Blast mailorder edition of Origins and via iTunes.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Eluveitie
Posted: 09.07.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 162 users
09.07.2014 - 21:21
Migtanteot

Hey, sounds pretty good. liked it.
09.07.2014 - 21:48
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Decent song. It felt a little poppy, specially those 'ooohs' in the chorus but it was still pretty good overall.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
09.07.2014 - 23:57
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Not too good! :/ ..
10.07.2014 - 00:42
Gothmog_Motsham

Damn Anna Murphy should stop singing in Eluveitie and just stick to playing Hurdy Gurdy. Her voice is starting to really get on my nerves.
10.07.2014 - 02:44
Reaper_Redeemer

Helvetios seems already a stronger release..
10.07.2014 - 08:02
The Evergreen

Written by Reaper_Redeemer on 10.07.2014 at 02:44

I dunno... This feels like Rose for Epona to me. Maybe a bit poppy, but King was pretty sick. I don't think this will be a downhill album.
10.07.2014 - 09:50
moribun

Written by The Evergreen on 10.07.2014 at 08:02

I dunno... This feels like Rose for Epona to me. Maybe a bit poppy, but King was pretty sick. I don't think this will be a downhill album.

I don't think this equals the brilliancy of A Rose For Epona, it just sounds like a pop-ish song to me. King, on the other hand, is a pretty good one.
10.07.2014 - 22:17
b0sse

Yeah, way too much female vocals and poppy feel. Am I even listening to metal still is what it makes me feel.................
11.07.2014 - 05:55
crucifiedjesus

Ick
11.07.2014 - 18:36
DonMoenning

Written by The Evergreen on 10.07.2014 at 08:02

I agree. King is an awesome track, and I'm guessing this song is the Inis Mona / Rose for Epona of the new album.

Also, do people actually like Helvetios? I view it as their only big-time "downhill" album... I can't imagine the crowd that thought Everthing Remains was bland and repetitive found any sort of redemption in Helvetios. Really hoping the new album redeems that snoozefest...
11.07.2014 - 19:01
The Evergreen

I guess it all depends on what you like. IMO, Helvetios and Everything Remains were perfect albums... In fact, I find Eluveitie to be very consistent with solid songwriting and music composition from the very beginning. Their sound has evolved some, but nothing like Ensiferum or Turisas where they have albums with a few good songs and a bunch of filler.
Yeah, I guess I'm a fanboy.

Hits total: 2617 | This month: 3