Metal Storm logo
Ensiferum - To Record New Album This Fall

Back in 2013, Ensiferum signed a deal with Metal Blade Records and confirmed they were working on new songs. Since then, there hasn't been a lot of updates from the band. However, the Finnish folk metallers have now announced that the writing process is nearing completion. They plan to record the new album in September and October this year with producer Anssi Kippo at Astia Studio in Finland. The release date is tentatively scheduled for early 2015.

Ensiferum will spend the summer of 2014 on tour through Europe, and will also perform in Japan this winter. Do you have high hopes for the new album?

Bassist Sami Hinkka has offered the following update: "Hi folks! They say that time flies when you are having a good time and we couldn't agree more. We have been quite busy touring around the world since our previous album came out few years ago. Between tours we have worked hard with new songs and now we are very proud to announce that Ensiferum will hit studio again right after summer festival season. On the new album we will take everything to eleven, it's going to be fast, furious, epic and full of surprises but of course there will be classic Ensiferum elements included.

"We will do the album with the one and only Mr. Anssi Kippo. Pre-production is already going really well and in few weeks we will record another demo of all new songs. Then it's time to continue twisting and turning all the details so that in early 2015 our fans on every continent can be sure to get in their hands the best folk metal album ever made. Stay tuned for more info!"

Source: metalblade.com
Band profile: Ensiferum
Posted: 10.07.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 156 users
10.07.2014 - 13:34
FeskarN

I have very low hopes for this one, Unsung Heroes was by far their worst album, I was so disappointed then that came out. I hope they don't come up with something near that sound.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
10.07.2014 - 14:33
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by FeskarN on 10.07.2014 at 13:34

I have very low hopes for this one, Unsung Heroes was by far their worst album, I was so disappointed then that came out. I hope they don't come up with something near that sound.

Having low hopes is the key to enjoyment
10.07.2014 - 14:59
Sword_Chant

It's hard to say because Unsung Heroes was disappointing but i've enjoyed every other Ensiferum album. Hopefully they take a step forwards by taking a step backwards but you never know, it could end up being a turd lol. Like Time 2, I won't be raising my hopes too high. Let's just hope it turns out to be good!!
10.07.2014 - 16:38
OtherDoor

"best folk metal album ever made"

Why does every PR news about new albums have this kind of thing? Doesn't it generally have an opposed reaction to what its intended to be? There used to be a saying that the truly best products don't need advertisement, because the quality speaks for itself. So, take a note, PR guy.
10.07.2014 - 18:52
FeskarN

Written by LeKiwi on 10.07.2014 at 14:33

Having low hopes is the key to enjoyment

yeah, true that
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
10.07.2014 - 21:15
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
After Unsung who knows if it'll be good or not, let's hope so.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
10.07.2014 - 21:52
Opethian

At this point you can only hope that they the receive some of the feedback from their fans. I personally dont care for Ensiferum. Best of luck
11.07.2014 - 07:41
The Evergreen

This had better be good...
18.07.2014 - 17:50
MeatloafCupcake

I'm pretty sure they know they fucked up with Unsung Heroes. I don't fault them for trying to change up their sound, but for fucks sake they're Ensiferum, nobody will bitch if they keep the same pace...look at Skeletonwitch, Amon Amarth, Cannibal Corpse...they all have their sound and they stick to it.
26.07.2014 - 22:54
Lionthrone

The combination of Ensiferum and World of Warcraft got me through unemployment about 5 years back and so they'll always hold a special place for me. I don't have a single Unsung Heroes song left on my computer though and really hope they can bounce back to former glory.
26.07.2014 - 23:16
Lord_Regnier

Written by OtherDoor on 10.07.2014 at 16:38

There used to be a saying that the truly best products don't need advertisement, because the quality speaks for itself. So, take a note, PR guy.

Exactly. I always say: "let the music speak for itself".
Lots of albums have been popular when they were released, because of hype, but no one talks about them today. The albums who stood the test of time accomplished it by the quality of the music they contain.
There are exceptions but usually that is how it works.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
12.08.2014 - 23:26
HyperDrifter

I liked Unsung Heroes but they have potential to do much better (such as in Victory Songs / From Afar)
02.09.2014 - 06:16
barnesy

I have never understood the hate aimed at Unsung Heroes. Not their best for sure but my God it's not that bad- there's enjoyable shit on there. I'm thinking their next will be good but, as has been stated earlier, I'm not gonna go into it expecting every beat and note hit will make my ears orgasm.

Hits total: 2152 | This month: 5