Metal Storm logo
Kayo Dot - Announce New Album Details

Remember Kayo Dot? You might recall their latest album Hubardo, which was nominated for Best Avantgarde / Experimental Metal Album on Metal Storm Awards 2013. Well, the band has now announced their new album! Coffins On Io, as it is called, is slated for an October 16th release via San Francisco's Flenser Records. The cover art, tracklist and more can be found below.

Kayo Dot's "evolution is governed by an inscrutable inner-logic. Despite the accessible songwriting of Coffins On Io and the emphasis on vocal melody and electronic percussion, Kayo Dot fans will find the record's darkness and intensity familiar and relatable. For example: the dark wave of Coffins On Io album-track 'Off-ramp Cycle' might be unrecognizable to Kayo Dot's metal fans."

"The sound is kind of like a sexy combination of Type O Negative, Peter Gabriel, Sisters of Mercy," Toby Driver says.

Driver says there's also an element of sexuality in the new album."Basically the vibe that we're going for here is inspired by 80s retro-future noir? Blade Runner," Driver explains. "I wanted to make a good record to put on while you drive across the desert at night under a toxic, post-apocalyptic atmosphere," he says, adding, "There's a weird underlying theme of murder, shame and death."

Pre-orders and more information coming soon. Stay tuned.

Tracks:

01. The Mortality Of Doves
02. Offramp Cycle, Pattern 22
03. Longtime Disturbance On The Miracle Mile
04. Library Subterranean
05. The Assassination Of Adam
06. Spirit Photography

Source: kayodot.net
Band profile: Kayo Dot
Posted: 10.07.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 47 users
10.07.2014 - 21:48
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Holy shit already? Last album was great! Hopefully this new one is a bit shorter.
10.07.2014 - 21:52
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Coffins on Io? Well that's just about the coolest name for anything ever, and that retro looking cover art does good things to me too, not least because it almost looks like a monolith.
10.07.2014 - 22:01
Ilham
Giant robot
Oh I need to listen to this.
The cover reminds me of this, amongst others :

Hits total: 2414 | This month: 2