Metal Storm logo
Demons & Wizards

Original post

Posted by __Az__, 20.05.2006 - 23:29
Demons & Wizards, the hybrid of Jon Schaffer (Iced Earth) and Hansi Kürsch (Blind Guardian), are an amazing band...

They have re-leased two top quality albums 'Demons & Wizards' and 'Touched By The Crimson King'... My personal favourite of the two is their self-titled debut, IMO its a mastpiece... The song writing is near perfection and lyrical themes are brilliant...

Hopefully, they'll decide to release another soon...

What does everyone else think?
18.08.2008 - 12:26
GT
Coffee!!
Nope. I've heard nothing and there's no info on their MySpace or official site about anything new
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
18.11.2008 - 14:24
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Their cover of Immigrant Song is fucking awesome, like i probably said a few pages ago on this thread. clear and technical drumming + insane bass line + Jon's intense and badass thrashy riffing + Hansi's solemn wails = win to the max.
18.11.2008 - 14:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 18.11.2008 at 14:24

Their cover of Immigrant Song is fucking awesome, like i probably said a few pages ago on this thread. clear and technical drumming + insane bass line + Jon's intense and badass thrashy riffing + Hansi's solemn wails = win to the max.

Best song from that album IMO, realy best song, ''Terror Train'' is bad , man video are bad, worst song from album, I like Immigrant Song better how White Room (from 1th album)

IMO DnW and IE are best and unique type of drumming, this is band where drums are mire important how vocalist IMO,
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.11.2008 - 23:53
Hrothdane

Written by Bad English on 18.11.2008 at 14:37

Written by Valentin B on 18.11.2008 at 14:24

Best song from that album IMO, realy best song, ''Terror Train'' is bad , man video are bad, worst song from album, I like Immigrant Song better how White Room (from 1th album)

If you have read the books, terror train is one of the best songs on the album. The way the guitars are used to replicate the sound of a surging train throughout the song combined with the vocals creates a really threatening atmosphere, perfectly suited for Blaine the Mono.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
19.11.2008 - 18:42
Leonidas

I think the idea of creating a band like this is brilliant and the result of their releases is the confirmation to that
07.03.2009 - 21:09
vierge2fer

I was so happy when I found out about "Touched by the Crimson King".

Really, I was listening to "Journey through the Dark" and thought -what, sacrifice the only son - tower - omg is this about THE tower?- and then the whole album with this topic!
Just like nightfall for the silmarillion, an album to the dark tower!! by d&w!!!
And i'm a huuuuge stephen king fan and the same for hansi thus *happiness pure* when listening to this...
you all read the tower and listen to "touched by the crimson king"!!!

*long days and pleasant nights*
08.03.2009 - 01:07
BattleHamster

I think only three songs on Touched by the Crimson King are actually about The Dark Tower, but it's definitely worth listening to.

I had the opposite experience - I listened to the songs, then read the books and started laughing when I realized a the little (and not-so-little) references in the lyrics. It made a good series of books even more fun to read.

Thankee-sai.
13.10.2009 - 08:18
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yes, it's my favorite series, ever.

On a side note, appearently a year from now, they're supposed to release a new album. am I the only one that just jizzed myself?
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
18.10.2009 - 06:00
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
Just more gallops...
29.01.2010 - 10:54
Clay_man91

Fiddler on the Green is my favourite song of all time. It's just plain amazing.
And songs about the Dark Tower? Wow
03.07.2010 - 03:56
Sulac

I'd have to say that the S/T is the better of the two albums overall, but my favorite Demons & Wizards songs are Crimson King and Terror Train from Touched By The Crimson King. Unfortunately the rest of the album (except Gunslinger and Dorian) is merely good, not awesome. All of the S/T is awesome, though, unquestionably.
17.05.2011 - 02:20
Vikcen
Metálico
Hey, news!!! on March 15 of 2011, singer Hansi Kürsch posted an update on the official Blind Guardian website, containing the following news:

"As we had time to share some serious moments with each other during the 70000 Tons of Metal cruise (somewhere on the oceans of time) Jon [Schaffer; Iced Earth & Sons of Liberty] and I had finally found the chance to put our minds together for a possible next Demons & Wizards album. We cheerfully simultaneously announced our wish to start working on it as quickly as possible. Although time is an issue for both of us we nonetheless decided to start songwriting together during the European summer festival season when Jon will be in Europe for Iced Earth performances. During that season we will use every possible moment to complete as much material as possible."

I wish they could release one more album
21.04.2017 - 15:05
kukulkan666
Account deleted
So. It's 2017 and no sign of any efforts for a new album I hope they make it before they get too old!

Fiddler On The Green is unique.
07.01.2018 - 13:45
I'm glad a new Demons And Wizards album is coming, just a matter of when. I hadn't heard any news on it for ages.
21.03.2018 - 03:40
WayTooManyCDs

I recently picked up Touched By The Crimson King which also gave me good reason to re-listen to their self-titled as well. The self-titled has definitely aged a bit better but I would consider both to be some of the best material either Kursch or Schaffer have created.
08.08.2018 - 08:42
Ball Fondlers

With news they are playing at Wacken 2019, it could be a sign for an album before then.
09.08.2018 - 13:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ball Fondlers on 08.08.2018 at 08:42

With news they are playing at Wacken 2019, it could be a sign for an album before then.

They said they are working on something, as big bands they seems are hiding as blabber says about ac/dc new album is coming?
----

apos;'
[image]
27.09.2018 - 14:02
Ashe
Account deleted
I remember when I first heard Demons & Wizards. Folk metal f$%^ing heaven! Definitely a heavy and contemporary middle ages flavor as well making them wonderfully unique. I consider this classic metal.
01.04.2019 - 11:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
DEMONS & WIZARDS: Remastered Editions Of First Two Albums Now Available On All Digital Platforms

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/demons-wizards-remastered-editions-of-first-two-albums-now-available-on-all-digital-platforms/
----

apos;'
[image]
30.08.2019 - 10:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
DnW plays IE covers some of them live, does they have plaid BG covers live?
----

apos;'
[image]