Metal Storm logo
Symphony X - Release New Album Update

The progressive metal masters Symphony X have just updated on their upcoming new studio album via their official website. Previously, the band said that they were writing new material. Now, Symphony X will begin tracking drums next month with the songs practically finished.

The band updates: "The new CD is coming right along; the songs are pretty much done and are getting some final tweaking now. Michael Romeo says that the material has a little bit of everything, and reports that the band will begin tracking drums next month after their appearance at Heavy Montreal on August 10th.

"The band's long-awaited second fan club CD will also begin taking shape around the same time, with an anticipated release in time for the holidays. As mentioned previously, it will be another collection of demo tunes and other rare material, and may also include a bit of content created just for this CD (along the lines of MJR's Star Wars tune on the first Rarities and Demos, which has since sold out of its first pressing). SXW, the band's revamped fan club, will be relaunching in September."

Source: symphonyx.com
Band profile: Symphony X
Posted: 15.07.2014 by qlacs

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 241 users
15.07.2014 - 14:02
Sword_Chant

Niiiice! Can't wait
15.07.2014 - 14:36
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Can never have enough SX
15.07.2014 - 14:56
Wiillak

Cool
15.07.2014 - 15:25
BlankFile

15.07.2014 - 16:08
Zap
Hopefully it's... Well, no, I don't really care what they do, I've enjoyed all their recent and less recent work.
15.07.2014 - 16:47
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Very curious to hear this. Pretty sure it won't suck. Symphony X never really disappointed me.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
16.07.2014 - 00:04
UnknownCheese

Bring back the prog please.
16.07.2014 - 02:05
MikeVonDoom

The last album sucked big and hairy balls!
16.07.2014 - 02:41
DeathSlyzer

At last! This is probably gonan be great. I also hope this record will have a bit more prog elements than the last one. I did enjoy Iconoclast, but it wasn't quite as good as Paradise Lost.

At least Romeo didn't say what every other band is saying about their new albums at the time. "We're laying down some really HEAVY riffs!!!" I'm so tired of the "it's so heavy" thing.
----
I sold my soul to any fool who'd buy it!
What's it gonna take to make you riot!?
16.07.2014 - 03:00
thehondo

Written by Zap on 15.07.2014 at 16:08

Hopefully it's... Well, no, I don't really care what they do, I've enjoyed all their recent and less recent work.

Exactly! Its friggin Symphony X! Who has pretty much covered the whole gambit of styles and sub-genres of Prog Metal! Actually surprised only one negative comment so far.
----
No time like the present
16.07.2014 - 08:52
fandango68

Written by DeathSlyzer on 16.07.2014 at 02:41

At last! This is probably gonan be great. I also hope this record will have a bit more prog elements than the last one. I did enjoy Iconoclast, but it wasn't quite as good as Paradise Lost.

My thoughts exactly... ben listening to SX since V was released and always look forward to a new release, although a number of bands sadly appear to have moved away from the Prog element of their Metal in recent years (Pagans Mind, Circus Maximus, SUE) for fear of sounding like laboured DT clones....
----
First gig was Manowar (loincloths 'n' all), Bristol Colston Hall in March 1983, on the 'Hail to England' tour. Tickets were £3.75, 300 in the audience, Mercyful Fate never showed, but my hearing still got seriously trashed..
16.07.2014 - 14:27
BehzadSh

Yeeeeessss
----
http://www.last.fm/user/behzadsh
18.07.2014 - 06:51
sleipnirlovenig

Their last good output was The Odyssey back in 2002, and in the last ten years they only delivered two shitty albums that are completely deprived of their far better prog style in their earlier days. Such a shame!
25.08.2014 - 18:35
ChampionOfPower

No band excites me more with a new album than Symphony X.

Hits total: 4272 | This month: 4