Metal Storm logo
Sleep - Streaming New Song

A new Sleep song? Yes, that is indeed true. This is the first new material from the stoner metal band in 10 years, which premiered today. Listen to their new single "The Clarity" through the Soundcloud player below. It's 10 minutes of new music. So, just go ahead and enjoy it.

"The Clarity" is part of Adult Swim's singles series and will be available as a free download on July 21st. Sleep members say that "The Clarity" has inspired a new full-length album.

Did you enjoy that?

Single Artwork

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Sleep
Posted: 18.07.2014 by BloodTears

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 38   Visited by: 155 users
19.07.2014 - 10:41
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Who cares why a band chooses to make music so long as it sounds good.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.07.2014 - 11:37
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.07.2014 at 10:41

Who cares why a band chooses to make music so long as it sounds good.

True, but with Sleep I'd like to think since it has been so long since last record that they have a lot to say musically, which just happens to coincide with their need of cash.
21.07.2014 - 14:09
AtrumHiberna
Written by Guest on 19.07.2014 at 02:10

Written by Rupert on 19.07.2014 at 02:03

Were Jerusalem and Dopesmoker not new material at the times of their releases? I like the song and art regardless.

Yeah surely that should say 10 years and not 20.

well Dopesmoker is basically an extended and rewritten version of Jerusalem, which makes it 15 years without releasing new music.
----
This is my worship, this is my path...
21.07.2014 - 16:16
oshgar
I quite enjoy the Om influence in this, really excited about this new album now. The artwork does look a little Saturday morning cartoonish though...
26.07.2014 - 19:10
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by AtrumHiberna on 21.07.2014 at 14:09

well Dopesmoker is basically an extended and rewritten version of Jerusalem, which makes it 15 years without releasing new music.

The music was recorded in '95 as a follow-up to Holy Mountain, the label freaked out and it sat unreleased for a long time. Jerusalem took the piece and just randomly cut it into six songs. It was released in '98. In '03 Tee Pee finally released the entire track, unmolested.

So both 10 and 20 are correct. Was recorded nearly 20 years ago. Last release was about 10, although it's just the full version of what had been released about 5 years prior. So 15 also works.

I would say 20 years is correct, because it's the last time they recorded/created new material.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
27.07.2014 - 23:27
AtrumHiberna
Written by BitterCOld on 26.07.2014 at 19:10

Written by AtrumHiberna on 21.07.2014 at 14:09

The music was recorded in '95 as a follow-up to Holy Mountain, the label freaked out and it sat unreleased for a long time. Jerusalem took the piece and just randomly cut it into six songs. It was released in '98. In '03 Tee Pee finally released the entire track, unmolested.

So both 10 and 20 are correct. Was recorded nearly 20 years ago. Last release was about 10, although it's just the full version of what had been released about 5 years prior. So 15 also works.

I would say 20 years is correct, because it's the last time they recorded/created new material.

True, and I knew that. but the thing is that it doesn't really matter when a song was written/recorded but when it was actually released because that's when people have the chance to listen to it.
Anyway, we're all right here and the main point is that Sleep have released new music and I'm very excited about the fact. It's a great song.
----
This is my worship, this is my path...
30.07.2014 - 21:55
Neurozzy
The lyrics are so outlandish, I love this song to bits.
04.08.2014 - 07:51
Doom,Man
Sounds like Om. The song doesn't do it for me so much upon first listen but I can't tell you how excited I am about the fact that it is new and that there is more on the way. PS I like Om, though.

Hits total: 3807 | This month: 5