Comments

Comments: 16   Visited by: 242 users
19.07.2014 - 15:10
J. N.
Account deleted
27.08.2014 - 20:58
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Another track up on the bandcamp. This should be a noteworthy release.

http://myrkur.bandcamp.com/
09.09.2014 - 20:51
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Whole thing streaming on the (Godforsaken) Pitchfork media player.

http://pitchfork.com/advance/535-myrkur/
09.09.2014 - 20:56
Vombatus
Potorro
I hate the sound of the drums (the fast part and the fills.... eeeeeeeeeww). Riffs are extremely badass though.
09.09.2014 - 21:07
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I like it; gives it a nice rough around the edges, done-in-one-go live feel. Morbo is pleased. Melody sounds so much nicer when it's not "well" recorded.
09.09.2014 - 23:41
Rating: 6
angel.
Evil Butterfly
One of the promising 2014 releases yeah ?
----
The Fangirl.
10.09.2014 - 00:15
Rating: 5
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Ick. I did not like that at all. The drum production is way too clean compared to the riff production. I don't feel any direction in the song either, sounds like it's just a bunch of riffs thrown together.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
10.09.2014 - 00:45
Ilham
Giant robot
Yeah not that great, still made it to end without a problem though. There's a riff in track 6 that reminded me of Negura Bunget. I wonder if the things I am hearing and disliking are a product of the webplayer. Otherwise the vocals are the biggest turn-off for me.
10.09.2014 - 07:41
Rating: 8
Totenlieder

I enjoyed it.
I'll be picking this one up for sure.
----
Blut & Krieg
10.09.2014 - 20:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
WTF means ''Latvian Fegurð'' ?

BTW not bad, like this band
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.09.2014 - 00:20
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
I listened and relistened to this and I sort of got mixed feeling. While the first listening did not come up with impressive results, I do have to admit that with more listens it has grown a bit. While I am not quite part of the hype, not do I judge this project based on the accomplishments and hardships a single women going solo may face, I do think this is an overall mediocre/average debut. The vocals though are pushing my rating down a bit more. She should find a way to fit her vocal delivery with the overall music as it sounds like it was taken from another movie at some points.
12.09.2014 - 21:19
Windir

A woman doing everything? So what! If it's good music great! I don't care about the nature/gender/age/origin of the person, alien, force, entity or whatever it is...
About this record, average stuff, nothing impressive.
22.09.2014 - 23:05
Zap
This actually has potential and shit. I like the angelic vocals + black metal, but it could have been combined a lot better.
07.11.2014 - 12:33
angel.
Evil Butterfly
I really have no big complaint about the quality of mix, production and performance though it can get better, especially playing the some of the guitar lines, still I love the sound to be raw as this is started to be, some part of me predicting that Myrkur soon is going to be a very high quality band with super production which I hope it will never happen because the whole awesomeness of this act will be ruined. Well, my only complaint is about the songwriting, I think she could develop her ideas more maturely, however, this is still quite satisfying and the angelic vocal lines are best part of this record though I agree that they could be combined much much better, but please keep it raw and simple sista Myrkur, because in that way you will always have my attention to your artistic acts which is a big bonus to ya.
----
The Fangirl.
17.12.2014 - 07:32
Rating: 7
Ganondox

Fav vocals I've ever heard in black metal, the angelic vocals actually work the she does them, and I like the screams as well.
20.08.2015 - 17:14
Rating: 5
God Alone

Kind of a mixed bag but still pretty listenable and occasionally interesting. Vocals were very good; can't say the same for the production and especially the songwriting. Best tracks: Dybt I Skoven and Nattens Barn. Not a bad start anyway.

Hits total: 5059 | This month: 11