10. Brain Shake

Found in 3 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 9   Visited by: 182 users
19.07.2014 - 17:59
Rating: 9
AzizMuhammed

This is one of my favorite AC/DC albums and I don't understand why it is hated so much.
19.07.2014 - 23:46
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by AzizMuhammed on 19.07.2014 at 17:59

... and I don't understand why it is hated so much.

Simple it is nowhere near the level of any of the albums that came before it.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.09.2015 - 02:40
Rating: 7
Timelord

I personally think that Flick of the Switch has more memorable songs than For Those About to Rock aside from the title track. The band avoids discussing the belief that Bon had written at least some lyrics for Back in Black. I think he did because after that they have never had the same tongue and cheek feel or quality. It was only a matter of 4-5 months after Bon's death that Back in Black was released.
22.02.2016 - 18:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Timelord on 07.09.2015 at 02:40

I personally think that Flick of the Switch has more memorable songs than For Those About to Rock aside from the title track.

I agree, here are 4 there was only title song
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.05.2020 - 18:58
Rating: 4
Joppe
Steelemeister
I cannot not say that this is a super weak album. The first song Rising Power is good and it's the only good song on this album. For most of the album the songwriting sounds like a failure, the songs are for one listen only, I have listened to them more than once myself, but I'm sure you know what I mean. Still, the playing sounds good, good riffs, all the other aspects are fine except the songwriting.
----
My vision is augmented
11.10.2021 - 14:51
Rating: 7
Blackcrowe

For my ears this record its my favorite with Brian Johnson as a frontman, better than their previous records even Back in Black, Im not those kind of guys who guide by seller Charts
----
Maybe as his eyes are wide.
11.10.2021 - 14:56
JoHn Doe

Written by Blackcrowe on 11.10.2021 at 14:51

For my ears this record its my favorite with Brian Johnson as a frontman, better than their previous records even Back in Black, Im not those kind of guys who guide by seller Charts

nice to see this album getting some love!

My third favorite album with Brian on vocals, I enjoy Back in Black and Blow Up Your Video more than this one.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
10.04.2022 - 12:54
gavdann

For me the Bon Scott albums are leagues above any of the Brian Johnson ones but Back In Black aside, this is my favourite. I agree it's a better and more consistent album than For Those About to Rock but it suffers for not having any of their classics so gets forgotten.
29.04.2022 - 19:25
Rating: 5
Starseason

Not a fan of this album, but it's still not terrible, and I don't necessarily regret getting this on cassette.

Hits total: 10643 | This month: 33