Do you have long hair?

My hair is short (I like it short)
My hair is long
I want long hair, but don't

Total votes: 80
26.07.2014 - 11:22
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Since the image of a male metal fan usually includes long hair, I want to know how accurate that image is in the current era. Hopefully the answers cover everything, but to elaborate:

If you used to have long hair, but don't anymore by your own choice (didn't like it, too much effort, etc), use answer 2.
If you would like to have long hair, but are required to keep it short due to a work/school dress code, then take answer 3.
If you're bald, pick the answer that would apply if you still had hair.
If you're female, it's not unusual to have long hair. Don't vote. (I genuinely want to know the answer to this, sorry)

I'm not sure what counts exactly as 'long', so use you're own judgement. Although I'd say hair that reaches your shoulders counts as long.

My hair is long, usually a bit past the shoulder blades and nipples.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
26.07.2014 - 13:01
Zap
Short hair here.
I used to have long hair, then short hair, then long hair again, then dreadlocks, and then short hair ever since (that last one's for the past 6-ish years.)
26.07.2014 - 14:58
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
I used to have long hair and then had it cut, and never let it grow again ever since.
After a while I started becoming bald in certain areas. Anyone who let it grow had(s) the same problem?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
26.07.2014 - 15:43
Ilham
Giant robot
I voted. It's funny. Because I'm a girl, you see.
26.07.2014 - 15:48
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
And I didn't vote even though I am a guy. Because fcuk the police
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
26.07.2014 - 15:49
Wukk
I've had long hair all my life, long before I got into metal. When I got into metal, I just had another reason to keep it.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
26.07.2014 - 17:15
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Started growing out my hair when I was 15 but kept it at the same length when I was fine with it. It's a bit under the shoulders but since my hair is more like an afro I forget it's long until I take a shower. xP
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
26.07.2014 - 17:40
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
The longest I've let my hair grow is when I gave up on life and sported a caveman look but even then it barely reached my shoulders. Aside from those 6 months of not maintaining my hair, I've always kept it short. Nowadays I either sport the faux hawk or something similar to this:

Typically without the stupid look on my face, but I'm sure if I get drunk enough and zone out staring at a part of the wall or something, I might get mistaken for that guy's twin.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
26.07.2014 - 17:44
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Man that really is a stupid look on that face. The almost-duck-lips aren't helping either. xD
----
Rod, let me love you.
26.07.2014 - 18:35
Lit.
Account deleted
Whenever I tried growing long hair, I'd end up getting an afro. I just gave up on it.
26.07.2014 - 18:46
The Evergreen
I'm in the military, but the longer I'm in, the longer I want may hair. I think I'll not cut it at all once I get out.
26.07.2014 - 19:40
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 26.07.2014 at 18:35

Whenever I tried growing long hair, I'd end up getting an afro. I just gave up on it.

At first my hair would be a mix between an afro and a big fat cat sitting on my head but eventually it got better as I asked the hairdresser to take off some of the volume each time I went there.
So eventually it started to fall down.
----
Rod, let me love you.
26.07.2014 - 20:03
Totenlieder
My hair is just barley past my shoulders.
When it gets a little longer I'd like to do the Phil Anselmo mowhawk thingy.
----
Blut & Krieg
26.07.2014 - 20:35
Mattybu
I have what you would consider short hair for the purposes of this poll. Longer than a lot of people's though. I used to have hair that went well below my shoulders and one day I shaved my head completely cause I was kind of tired of it. Then I grew it out to only a little longer than it is now and shaved it again a little before Christmas 2013. And since then it hasn't been cut at all.
26.07.2014 - 22:34
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I cut my hair some months ago (always had long hair) and now there's quite a lot of men around me, who have way longer hair than I do.

But I've noticed that some long-haired men (mostly metalehads, also rockers and such) cut their hait after years of having long hair. Each to his own
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
27.07.2014 - 01:04
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Oh ! Sorry ! I voted, I didn't know the vote is aimed at male fans
----
The Fangirl.
27.07.2014 - 01:06
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by AnGina-- on 26.07.2014 at 22:34

But I've noticed that some long-haired men (mostly metalehads, also rockers and such) cut their hait after years of having long hair. Each to his own

Because with aging they're at the risk of getting bald
----
The Fangirl.
27.07.2014 - 02:49
TrollandDie
Hair has always been short - always will.

I hate maintaining and drying even relatively long-ish hair, not to mention my hair looks awful when I grow it out. If it wasn't for the cost of getting it cut, I'd do it more often.
----
Hello, my name is Mr......Snrub and I think it would be a capital idea to invest the money back in the nuclear plant.
27.07.2014 - 03:39
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Ilham on 26.07.2014 at 15:43

I voted. It's funny. Because I'm a girl, you see.

You little trouble maker, you.:nogood:
So, long or short?

Written by angel. on 27.07.2014 at 01:04

Oh ! Sorry ! I voted, I didn't know the vote is aimed at male fans

Ditto.

Written by Wukk on 26.07.2014 at 15:49

I've had long hair all my life, long before I got into metal. When I got into metal, I just had another reason to keep it.

Same here. Glad someone else around here's got a real haircut.;D

Written by TrollandDie on 27.07.2014 at 02:49

I hate maintaining and drying even relatively long-ish hair,

Shower cap. Except when you wash it, of course.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
27.07.2014 - 03:45
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by M C Vice on 27.07.2014 at 03:39
You little trouble maker, you.
So, long or short?

This is honestly the most reckless thing I ever did in months, really.

I voted short for two reasons.
1- I prefer my own hair to be short, although I know it doesn't suit me.
2- And most importantly, I prefer men with short hair usually. I don't mind it long, but when you're good looking with short hair, you usually are with long hair as well.
27.07.2014 - 07:20
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Long hair cut into short because here(India) it's too hot.

Now I've spikes.
27.07.2014 - 08:13
SelfXPlanetOrE
I did have long hair up until May, but then I got it cut, and that's something I usually will do each year, but I voted short hair.
27.07.2014 - 09:31
no one
Account deleted
Written by Karlabos on 26.07.2014 at 14:58

I used to have long hair and then had it cut, and never let it grow again ever since.
After a while I started becoming bald in certain areas. Anyone who let it grow had(s) the same problem?

yeah i used to have long like half natural dreads type thing, then when i cut it (years ago) it seem to grow back much thinner. I think that could have been because of medication though, because now it is growing back a bit more.

I didn't vote either because my hair is medium
27.07.2014 - 09:35
no one
Account deleted
Written by TrollandDie on 27.07.2014 at 02:49

Hair has always been short - always will.

I hate maintaining and drying even relatively long-ish hair, not to mention my hair looks awful when I grow it out. If it wasn't for the cost of getting it cut, I'd do it more often.

$15 dollar hair clippers from the warehouse...or wallmart or whatever
27.07.2014 - 13:14
ANGEL REAPER
Im like Samson ... i keep power in my long hair..powers such are : removing panties of women and making them spawn a rivers upon seeing my majestic mane ...also there is that part when i like the wind in my hair,a hawk at my arm and open steps...

[100 points to one who figure out the last reference]
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
27.07.2014 - 13:37
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by angel. on 27.07.2014 at 01:06

That is true.
However I was talking about men in their mid to late 20s.... When I daresay most of men don't have the "I'm becoming bald" issue.

Anyway, long hair is high maintainance.... I'm keeping my short because it's way easier and I assume some (men) came to the same conclusion and cut it off. Or not. Who'd know

(I voted too and I ain't even sorry muahahah)

Written by Ilham on 27.07.2014 at 03:45

but when you're good looking with short hair, you usually are with long hair as well.

This is true #2.
Vice versa - not always. I would even say rarely.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
27.07.2014 - 16:55
Mattybu
Written by Guest on 27.07.2014 at 09:31

I didn't vote either because my hair is medium

Vote short then, mine is usually medium but "long" in this poll just means like below your shoulders kind of thing.

I think our hair is usually around the same length, I'd let you be my hair buddy but having respect for The Rock is a prerequisite....
27.07.2014 - 21:37
no one
Account deleted
Written by angel. on 27.07.2014 at 01:06

I see a few old guys with super long hair but bald on top, know one knows though because they never ever take there hat off
27.07.2014 - 21:43
no one
Account deleted
Written by Mattybu on 27.07.2014 at 16:55

I think our hair is usually around the same length, I'd let you be my hair buddy but having respect for The Rock is a prerequisite....

same height same hair, different rock opinions ...... we could have been something
27.07.2014 - 22:11
Grind Magus
Weak Cunt
Tried growing long hair but can't bear it before it goes past my ears and eyes.
Now sporting a really short spiky hair. Planning to get a short mohawk again after a month or so.