Metal Storm logo
The hair poll.

Original post

Posted by M C Vice, 26.07.2014 - 11:22
Since the image of a male metal fan usually includes long hair, I want to know how accurate that image is in the current era. Hopefully the answers cover everything, but to elaborate:

If you used to have long hair, but don't anymore by your own choice (didn't like it, too much effort, etc), use answer 2.
If you would like to have long hair, but are required to keep it short due to a work/school dress code, then take answer 3.
If you're bald, pick the answer that would apply if you still had hair.
If you're female, it's not unusual to have long hair. Don't vote. (I genuinely want to know the answer to this, sorry)

I'm not sure what counts exactly as 'long', so use you're own judgement. Although I'd say hair that reaches your shoulders counts as long.

My hair is long, usually a bit past the shoulder blades and nipples.

Poll

Do you have long hair?

My hair is short (I like it short)
My hair is long
I want long hair, but don't

Total votes: 80
27.07.2014 - 23:19
IronAngel

Used to have long hair somewhere around ages 14-19, but I had to cut it in the army and realized it looked a lot better short. It regrew spontaneously to about shoulder-length once, but it's under control again. I generally have it cut twice or three times a year, which means it varies between a few centimeters and an electrified wild animal on my head (the current state).
28.07.2014 - 01:17
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
I'm mulatto, so I've got really thick, curly hair that isn't exactly "white hair," but it's not "black man hair" either. I used to just let it grow out, and I'd pick it out into an afro for the longest time back in the day. I've considered dreading it multiple times, but I can be terribly lazy, so until the day I sum up the patience for that, it's not happening. Nowadays I'm just keeping it trimmed nice and short, makes me look really Hispanic. I've been compared to pro poker player Phil Ivey, and the visual resemblance is honestly a bit frightening
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
28.07.2014 - 03:20
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Auntie Sahar on 28.07.2014 at 01:17
I've been compared to pro poker player Phil Ivey, and the visual resemblance is honestly a bit frightening

HOLY SHIT. You weren't kidding about the resemblance.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
28.07.2014 - 03:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
And why this is in metal arena whats connection whit the music?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.07.2014 - 03:46
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Bad English on 28.07.2014 at 03:43

Moved.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.07.2014 - 07:23
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by X-Ray Rod on 28.07.2014 at 03:20

You weren't kidding about the resemblance.

Separated at birth bro, I'm telling you
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
28.07.2014 - 10:27
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by deadone on 28.07.2014 at 08:04

I went short about 15 years ago when I was at Uni and decided I didn't want to look like a feral bogan anymore.

Since then I've started going bald so I'm stuck with short hair whether I like it or not.

Grow a skullet, like Devin Townsend used to have. Or try a glam style wig.

Written by Mattybu on 27.07.2014 at 16:55

Written by Guest on 27.07.2014 at 09:31

I didn't vote either because my hair is medium

Vote short then, mine is usually medium but "long" in this poll just means like below your shoulders kind of thing.

Actually, I said I'm not sure what counts as long, so use you're own judgement. I just used the shoulders thing in case someone thought shoulder length was short (obviously not gonna happen, looking at the results so far).
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
28.07.2014 - 10:41
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl

Because I thought polls could only go in the arena. And it's connection with music is to see if the fans of the music actually resemble the stereotype of the music's fans, hairdo wise.
----
28.07.2014 - 10:57
no one
Account deleted
Skullet! that's what it's called...i'm sure you have used that word another time too and i was suppose to remember it
28.07.2014 - 13:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by M C Vice on 28.07.2014 at 10:41

Because I thought polls could only go in the arena. And it's connection with music is to see if the fans of the music actually resemble the stereotype of the music's fans, hairdo wise.

negative, look at metalstormers there are some polls, other places as well, metal arena can be only polls about music, bands, etc
----

apos;'
[image]
29.07.2014 - 04:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Mine is long past shoulders like since age 15 ... but they grows damn slow, I have wild as Dave Mustain IMO
----

apos;'
[image]
08.08.2014 - 15:01
Ernis
狼獾
I don't what my hair looks like... it's probably Frodo Baggins meets John Snow in the 70s (simply put... bad)... I do manage to get a more or less decent look some days when I'm at work but that requires some hair product and I'm normally lazy so it just grows the way it does, in all directions... Winter is coming which means that I'll most probably let it grow long again (because having a ponytail is easier than having to mess around with short hair if it's unruly like mine is... and I don't feel like going bald either...)
So long it'll grow... unless I decide to have a crew-cut again at some point...
08.08.2014 - 15:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ernis on 08.08.2014 at 15:01

I don't what my hair looks like... it's probably Frodo Baggins meets John Snow in the 70s (simply put... bad)... I do manage to get a more or less decent look some days when I'm at work but that requires some hair product and I'm normally lazy so it just grows the way it does, in all directions... Winter is coming which means that I'll most probably let it grow long again (because having a ponytail is easier than having to mess around with short hair if it's unruly like mine is... and I don't feel like going bald either...)
So long it'll grow... unless I decide to have a crew-cut again at some point...

I would say werry young Sonny Barger in early 60's
----

apos;'
[image]
22.08.2014 - 10:13
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
I had long hair for about 7 years, but i cut it at the very start of 2011 for something different. I'd have to say i like both long and short, the problem is my hair is boofy and has no style, so i prefer it short. If i had straight hair, it would be long for sure.
22.08.2014 - 21:17
Vombatus
Potorro
Had long hair ('bout half way my back) for several years, but when I started getting into more "important/serious environments" I cut it off (it had to go sooner or later anyway). That was in 2012. I miss my long hair sometimes, specially at gigs or simply when listening metal even if most people say I look better with short hair (though some chicks were super jealous of my long straight hair saying it looked great hahaha ).
For now, only short hair seems viable.
24.08.2014 - 01:18
Hylia

Mine is only hip length not too long or anything
24.08.2014 - 01:24
Ilham
Giant robot
"Only" hip length. Unless you have dwarfism, that is long in my book. Very long.
24.08.2014 - 02:07
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Hair down to your waist? That's nothing.

"I'm looking good, got a luscious V of hair going through my chest pubes down to my ball fro."
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
24.08.2014 - 08:07
no one
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.08.2014 at 02:07

"I'm looking good, got a luscious V of hair going through my chest pubes down to my ball fro."

yeah well my ball fro is connecting through the back to a healthy lucious carpet that then carry's on up to a thick cloak of back hair
24.08.2014 - 08:15
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 24.08.2014 at 08:07
yeah well my ball fro is connecting through the back to a healthy lucious carpet that then carry's on up to a thick cloak of back hair

So when you wash yourself do you use soap or shampoo?
----
24.08.2014 - 08:54
no one
Account deleted
I just use horse "Mane 'n Tail" shampoo
24.08.2014 - 09:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Sounds to me like you could use the Verticoli.
----
04.09.2014 - 07:07
FOOCK Nam

I'm gonna get a mohawk hair, hope I'm not too old to have it, I I like it short cuz it's summer..
06.09.2014 - 11:40
angel.
Evil Butterfly
You're never too old for mohawk hair.
----
The Fangirl.
07.09.2014 - 11:37
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by FOOCK Nam on 04.09.2014 at 07:07

I'm gonna get a mohawk hair, hope I'm not too old to have it, I I like it short cuz it's summer..

Which type? The longer, possibly coloured punk type or the shorter, thicker Mr T type?
----
07.09.2014 - 22:37
FOOCK Nam

Written by M C Vice on 07.09.2014 at 11:37

Written by FOOCK Nam on 04.09.2014 at 07:07

Which type? The longer, possibly coloured punk type or the shorter, thicker Mr T type?

Hi, sorry I reply laid bit! Alright my mohawk hair I desire is this

I don't even know what it's mohawk hair style name which I want, I know there are lots of variety.. I must find good pic of mohawk hair then printing it with paper color photo, bring the photo to haircut shop,then show the cutter makes it for me, I like it short mohawk, dunno it's name call, but short and narrowed mohawk.. Anyway I'm not much knowing of hairstyle stuff, if anyone knows what website or stuff related to mohawk resources feel free to recommend me.. Cuz I need printing the mohawk photo to bring it with..

By the way, I encourage guys having mohawk hair, I think only bald hair skin head, or mohawk hair is manly lol, but yeah imo,..the punk mohawk is nice too but it's long and nam is not a place where I can have it.. mrT is cool style, but I would have the mohawk shorter, cuz in nam if I have mrT mohawk, cops will keep more eyes on me.. But mrT mohawk looks tough, haha..
07.09.2014 - 22:40
FOOCK Nam

Written by angel. on 06.09.2014 at 11:40

You're never too old for mohawk hair.

Haha thanks.. What do you think of mohawk hair men ?
08.09.2014 - 04:34
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by FOOCK Nam on 07.09.2014 at 22:40

Haha thanks.. What do you think of mohawk hair men ?

It's cool.
----
The Fangirl.